TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

Very nice.

Finally saw the History of the IC Title Part IX . . . what a fuckin nice match Perfect/Santana was from SNME. Even though Santana is always booked like a bum (getting sidetracked by managers way too easily, ect), it seems like he has enough control of the outline of the match that he's able to suck in the 'smart mark' that assumes prematch that he has no chance into thinking THIS IS THE NIGHT he's FINALLY going to win a big match (post Strike Force).

Guest bp2007
Very nice.

Finally saw the History of the IC Title Part IX . . . what a fuckin nice match Perfect/Santana was from SNME. Even though Santana is always booked like a bum (getting sidetracked by managers way too easily, ect), it seems like he has enough control of the outline of the match that he's able to suck in the 'smart mark' that assumes prematch that he has no chance into thinking THIS IS THE NIGHT he's FINALLY going to win a big match (post Strike Force).

Agree. I really liked the match. The crowd was really into it as well. Not really excited for part X. It probably will be Perfect/Bossman and well Bossman never had good matches in my opinion.

Yeah, I never got into the Perfect/Bossman storyline. Looking back, face Bossman wasn't all that intriguing save for the Bossman/Mountie feud. I'm guessing they'll plop Perfect/Michaels from the Stars and Stripes special or maybe Perfect/Bulldog which included Perfect's "AHHHH, You son of a BITCH!" line after locking into a test of strength w/ DBS.

As for the Mega Powers/Twin Towers match . . . The Towers sure looked pretty incompetent once it became 2-on-1 against Hogan. After a 20+ minute match, Hogan just casually hulks up and dispatches Akeem/Bossman like the team of Duane Gill and Barry Hardy. Made the whole winter of 1988 feud seem pretty silly.

Very nice.

Agree. I really liked the match. The crowd was really into it as well. Not really excited for part X. It probably will be Perfect/Bossman and well Bossman never had good matches in my opinion.

Boss Man had all kinds of good matches. His cage match with Hulk Hogan is excellent. He had good matches with Vader as well in '94. He worked reasonably well for a big man and was a great bumper.

Heck, Bossman had a shockingly good match with The Barbarian at the '91 Royal Rumble.

I will agree though that Bossman's series with Perfect was nothing to write home about. I bet Perfect was just inserted into that feud when Rude left (IIRC, Rude was feuding with The Bossman when he left).

Guest bp2007
Heck, Bossman had a shockingly good match with The Barbarian at the '91 Royal Rumble.

I will agree though that Bossman's series with Perfect was nothing to write home about. I bet Perfect was just inserted into that feud when Rude left (IIRC, Rude was feuding with The Bossman when he left).

Well I just wasn't a fan back then. However, I feel like I was the only one who liked the trimmed down heel bossman in the late 90's. If I recall he was in fact the most hated Superstar in like 2000!

Does online have the same stuff the cable service offers?

I can't get the cable service cause they don't offer it through my cable company, but I might get the online version. I had the online version a couple of years ago.

No, unfortunately it's not the same. They update w/ 10 videos/matches on the 1st of the month and 10 more on the 15th (assuming it's a weekday).

The video quality however is much better than in years past. It's now 750k which is pretty much tv quality. Each month has about 2-4 old Raws, an Introducing (someone's debut), JR's pick of the month, My Favorite (a wrestler's favorite match), Hotbed ep, History of the IC Title ep, and the rest are themed matches.

The $39.95 for the year is a pretty solid option. I would recommend saving each video into your WMP library and renaming the filename so you can find each match quickly. I say this since they tend not to archive the videos into their respective categories.

Looks like wwe.com went ahead and put up the mid-month update . . .

Raw: Episode 22

June 21, 1993 | Approx. run time: 45 mins.

This episode of Raw was perhaps the most anticipated one in the shows 22-week span. First, WWE fans were treated to brand new World Tag Team Champions. Raw also was the night of re-matches as Marty Jannetty faced Doink the Clown in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match (the first ever on Raw). However, it was the main event everyone was looking forward to. Razor Ramon finally gets his re-match against the 1-2-3 Kid. It cost The Bad Guy $10,000, so catch this show to find out if it was worth it.

Raw: Episode 23

June 28, 1993 | Approx. run time: 41 mins.

It's the night of Champions on Monday Night Raw. The Intercontinental Championship is on the line as Shawn Michaels defends his title against Kamala. Will HBK's new bodyguard Diesel, play a role in the match? Plus, the WWE World Champion Yokozuna has an in-ring interview with Mr. McMahon. Yokozuna issued a body slam challenge to any athlete from the United States. Will we find out if anyone has accepted the challenge? Don't miss this Raw!

J.R.'s Pick of the Month: WrestleMania, Tatanka vs. Shawn Michaels

March 14, 2008 | Approx. run time: 28 mins.

With WrestleMania around the corner, WWE 24/7 Online sits down with J.R. to discuss his favorite WrestleMania moments. It should come as no surprise that Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka is one of them. That's because this is the first ever WrestleMania match he called. Find out exclusively from Hall of Famer Jim Ross what it was like calling this important match. Plus, what are J.R.'s other favorite WrestleManias? This is certainly one J.R.'s Pick you'll want to check out!

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with Jim Ross

Wrestling Hot-Beds: The Texas Edition

March 14, 2008 | Approx. run time: 50 mins.

This month Wrestling Hot-Beds makes the correlation between Superstars from Texas and WrestleMania. February has been kind to the likes of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Shawn Michaels, Chavo and Eddie Guerrero. Catch classic matches with these Superstars as they travel down the road to WrestleMania.

My Favorite Match: Tommy Dreamer - WrestleMania III, Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat

March 14, 2008 | Approx. run time: 22 mins.

Tommy Dreamer's favorite match doesn't contain tables, ladders, chairs or even barbed wire. His favorite match is one of the most classic WrestleMania matches ever. 24/7 Online sits down with Tommy Dreamer as he discusses why Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat's WrestleMania III match is his all time favorite. After hearing Dreamer's exclusive interview, sit back and enjoy this great match.

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with Tommy Dreamer

Raw: The Undertaker Returns

March 2, 1998 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

At the 1998 Royal Rumble, WWE fans thought they might have seen the last of The Undertaker. Kane buried The Undertaker alive in a casket. Paul Bearer claimed that was the last time WWE would ever see The Deadman. However, a few months later Paul Bearer and Kane pushed their luck by dedicating a 10-bell salute to The Phenom. Plans didn't go accordingly and The Undertaker made his triumphant return. This moment hasn't been seen for almost 10 years so here's your exclusive opportunity to witness the return of The Undertaker.

Royal Rumble: The Royal Rumble Match

January 21, 2001 | Approx. run time: 62 mins.

The Royal Rumble is one of the most prestigious and competitive events in the WWE. The 2001 Rumble was no different with Superstars such as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Kane and a slew of surprise entrants involved! This is definitely one unpredictable Rumble.

WrestleMania 23: Press Conference

July 25, 2006 | Approx. run time: 57 mins.

What better way to get ready for WrestleMania than by checking out a classic Press Conference? Hosted by Mean Gene Okerlund, the star-studded event was full of the biggest WWE Superstars and got the WWE fans in Detroit pumped for WrestleMania 23. Only seen once in its entirety, 24/7 Online has the exclusive event available right here!

Raw: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Big Show

March 22, 1999 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.

The Raw before WrestleMania is typically one of the biggest shows of the year. Back in 1999, Raw was the final stop before WrestleMania XV which featured Stone Cold Steve Austin challenging The Rock. The only thing standing in Austin's way was The Big Show. This is the first time Austin and The Big Show ever wrestled each other and it's available here!

Raw: The Rock Concert

March 24, 2003 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.This final Raw before WrestleMania was certainly an interesting episode. Instead of a match as the main event of the show, WWE fans were treated to the first ever "Rock Concert." The Rock Concert was full of surprises and entertaining moments you'll want to relive again.

------------------------------

Fat fuckin chance I'm sittin through that WM23 press conference. I mean if they insisted to put one up, they could have at least put up this year's version. Other than that, always fun to get the 2 Raws and the 2001 Rumble as it's one of those matches I've subconciously wanted to see again but was never willing to dig through my tapes to find it and play it.

Guest shadylpete

I kinda posted the schedule in the schedule thread, lol. It's all good though

Guest shadylpete

don't worry about it...i wasn't sure if i should post it here or in the schedule thread, so i just decided the latter, lol

Guest bp2007

I think we should put the new schedule in here too. I don't think to check that other section.

Big Show/Austin good choice. The Undertakers return was also cool back when I saw it in 1998. Definitely going to watch that down.

Anyone catch Hot-Beds yet? Any good/watchable matches? I won't have any time til Sunday to watch so any info would be good.

Guest bp2007
I was lookin through the videos, and they're mostly just 6 or 7 minute videos. Whatdafuxupwitthat?

They used to do shorter videos. I think in the last year they've gotten better especially since airing the old Raw's.

For the money I pay per month it's definitely a great deal in my opinion. Although VOD offers more content I sometimes feel they offer better choices on the web for 24/7 Online.

Anyone catch Hot-Beds yet? Any good/watchable matches? I won't have any time til Sunday to watch so any info would be good.

I scanned through this really quick and I'm pretty sure these are all JIP:

Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart - IYH 2/96

WWE Championship - Steel Cage Barbed Wire - JBL vs Big Show - No Way Out 2005

Cruiserweight Championship Open - No Way Out 2007

WWE Championship - Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero - No Way Out 2004

Steel Cage - Steve Austin vs Mr McMahon - St Valentine's Day Massacure

As an aside, these hot bed specials remind me of the ol 1 hour Coliseum Videos. Chopped up matches but unfortunately, no hokey CV exclusives.

As an aside, these hot bed specials remind me of the ol 1 hour Coliseum Videos. Chopped up matches but unfortunately, no hokey CV exclusives.

I don't believe anyone who has had the 'pleasure' of seeing The Bushwackers and Alfred Hayes do home renovations will ever forget it.

I was lookin through the videos, and they're mostly just 6 or 7 minute videos. Whatdafuxupwitthat?

They used to do shorter videos. I think in the last year they've gotten better especially since airing the old Raw's.

For the money I pay per month it's definitely a great deal in my opinion. Although VOD offers more content I sometimes feel they offer better choices on the web for 24/7 Online.

Yeah. But I'd like it if they showed RAW's from the mid to late 90's online.

Don't they show it on cable?

Don't forget, SAFETY FIRST LORD ALFRED!!!

Getting off topic from 24/7 Online but staying on this Coliseum Video bit, I just watched a youtube video where Sean Mooney was portrayed as a bum that couldn't put his tie on spliced with clips of him yelling at Bobby Heenan's camera crew for ruining his honeymoon. Kind of bizarre.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WSbbFClc4mI

And you want to talk hokey segments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvblv7vpnc

I didn't even know Berzerker spoke!

Guest bp2007

Yeah. But I'd like it if they showed RAW's from the mid to late 90's online.

Don't they show it on cable?

Yea on VOD they show the ones I think now from 1996 or 1997. 24/7 Online just started airing Raw in order last October so that's why we're only up to these. But on the plus side they air 4 Raws a month instead of 2 on VOD.

For the last few months, there's been about 9-10 hours each month. I realize that doesn't hold a candle to the VOD version but it's less than half the price in most areas. It's certainly not perfect, but definitely worth giving it a whirl for a month.

Each month there are 6 decent sized specials (4 Raws, IC History, Hotbeds) and usually a very lengthy match or two (HBK/Cena, Royal Rumble, ect).

EDIT - Saw the 6/21 Raw w/ Jannetty vs Doink. It was awesome that the 2nd Doink barely made the attempt to hide that it was Keirn. After getting Jannetty down, he busted out the Skinner cackle.

EDIT II - Also saw the 6/28 Raw. I never realized how hard Crush was pushed as the one that might slam Yokozuna on 7/4. He was constantly cited as the top candidate that can do it. Then he defeated the '400 pound' Bastion Booger with three bodyslams to drive their point home.

EDIT III - The 2001 Royal Rumble match was good fun for sure. Funny seeing after 10 minutes or so of the hardcore portion, Kane ending it in about a minute only for the Honky Tonk Man to come strutting out. Tazz getting punked out left a bad taste in my mouth but it was well booked overall. And yes, I marked for Kip James making the final 4.

EDIT IV - Saw Austin/Big Show. On paper, it looked like Show was made to look really weak so soon after his debut. Not so. He manhandled Austin virtually the entire match. Austin then lit Show up w/ about a half dozen chair shots right in front of special referee Mankind. After pinning him after the stunner, Show popped up and started wailing away on Mankind. But boy o boy was Cole a tool back then. He still kind of is but nothing compared to 1999.

April's theme is Loudmouths and Legends:

Raw: Episode 24

July 5, 1993 | Approx. run time: 42 mins.

Yokozuna's body slam challenge took place one day prior to this Raw and one WWE Superstar successfully slammed the giant. On this episode of Raw we will re-live the Star's and Stripes Challenge and see who slammed Yokozuna. Also in action, The 1-2-3 Kid faces one of the Beverly Brothers and The Undertaker takes on Samu. Don't miss the Raw that begins the path to the 1993 SummerSlam.

Raw: Episode 25

July 12, 1993 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.

The WWE Championship is on the line on the historic 25th episode of Raw. The WWE Champion Yokozuna defends his title against the original Hawaiian Crush! With Lex Luger's patriotic slamming of Yokozuna on everybody's mind, will Yokozuna be able to concentrate enough to defeat his challenger? Plus, The Headshrinkers, Tatanka, Mr. Hughes and Adam Bomb are all in action!

History of the Intercontinental Title: Part X

April 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 53 mins.

The championship reign of Mr. Perfect continues as Curt Hennig heads into WrestleMania VII. This edition features classic matches as Mr. Perfect defends his title against The Texas Tornado, The Big Bossman, Shawn Michaels and Bret "The Hitman" Hart. We guarantee there will be a new Intercontinental Champion, but we won't spoil who it is. Catch the final chapter of Curt Hennig's "perfect" title reign.

Introducing: MVP

April 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

Montel Vontavious Porter might be SmackDown's biggest loudmouth, so it wasn't too difficult to get him to sit down for an interview with 24/7 Online about his WWE debut. The hype for MVP hit levels never seen in the WWE. However, this match, live on pay-per-view wasn't even against a Superstar on the WWE roster! Find out from MVP himself why his opponent was worthy and why his debut match was the greatest in WWE History (in MVP's mind at least).

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with MVP.

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart

November 13, 1991 | Approx. run time: 23 mins.

It was a sad yet historical moment at WrestleMania XXIV when The Nature Boy Ric Flair was forced into retirement. However, he didn't leave the world of sports-entertainment without providing WWE fans with thousands of classic matches. That's where WWE 24/7 Online comes in. WWE fans have seen the classic match between Bret Hart and Ric Flair when Hart won the WWE championship. This is not that match. WWE 24/7 Online went into the vault to find the first-ever meeting between the two Superstars. This one is just as classic, and is much rarer - and it's our pleasure to share with all of you.

Bonus Features: Ric Flair's Hall of Fame video included.

MSG: Peter Maivia vs. Nikolai Volkoff

August 1, 1977 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.

WWE was honored to induct The Rock's father and grandfather into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. WWE 24/7 Online is just as honored to feature matches from both family members this month. Peter Maivia, The Rock's grandfather had many classic rivalries ranging from Bob Backlund to Mr. Fuji. However, one of Peter Maivia's earliest battles in WWE was an encounter against Nikolai Volkoff. Catch this rarely seen match.

Bonus Features: Peter Maivia's Hall of Fame video included.

MSG: Rocky Johnson & Tony Garea vs. Riki Cho Shu & Mr. Saito

November 22, 1982 | Approx. run time: 15 mins.

Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson is featured in this classic 2-out-of-3 Falls Match. Rocky Johnson had strong success as a singles wrestler, but his claim to fame was that he won a majority of his matches as part of a tag team. From Tony Atlas to Pat Patterson, Rocky Johnson never had a problem finding a tag team partner. That was certainly the case when he teamed with Tony Garea to take on Riki Cho Shu and Mr. Saito. Check it out!

Bonus Features: Rocky Johnson's Hall of Fame video included.

SmackDown: Mr. Kennedy vs. Finlay vs. Lashley

September 1, 2006 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

This is perhaps one of Mr. Kennedy's biggest matches in his young career. In order for Mr. Kennedy to win the United States Championship he would have to get through two of SmackDown's toughest Superstars: Finlay and Bobby Lashley. Find out if this loudmouth was able to make his dreams come true and become the United States Champion.

Bonus Features: Exclusive introduction by Mr. Kennedy.

MSG: 22-Man $50,000 Battle Royal

July 12, 1986 | Approx. run time: 15 mins.

With $50,000 as the prize for the winner of a battle royal, you can be sure every WWE Superstar is going to step it up to win the cash. However, you won't believe who's the last man standing, especially with the likes of Big John Studd, The British Bulldog, Greg Valentine and King Kong Bundy competing for the dough. Don't miss one of the most unpredictable battle royals ever.

MSG: 22-Man $50,000 Battle Royal

July 12, 1986 | Approx. run time: 15 mins.

With $50,000 as the prize for the winner of a battle royal, you can be sure every WWE Superstar is going to step it up to win the cash. However, you won't believe who's the last man standing, especially with the likes of Big John Studd, The British Bulldog, Greg Valentine and King Kong Bundy competing for the dough. Don't miss one of the most unpredictable battle royals ever.

---

What the hell does "The original Hawaiian" mean? Are they clarifying the match isn't Yokozuna against Jailbird Crush or Demolition Crush? Is there a 2nd Hawaiian Crush gimmick out there? Mr. Perfect defends the IC title against Shawn Michaels? Sold.

I think it had to do w/ Vince referring to Crush many times as "The Original Hawaiian Punch" Crush. But of course, they messed that up.

I haven't had a chance to see most of these vids (currently on my lunch break) but damn, the source quality of the Hart/Flair match is putrid. Hopefully, they keep that off of IC Title Part XI.

Looking forward to checking out the Johnson/Maivia matches as well as The Bobby Heenan Show.

Guest bp2007

As typical good stuff this month. As usual, it's always nice to see videos of matches I haven't recently seen.

I didn't watch MVP's debut match but his interview was cool at the beginning. I really like those interviews and the My Favorite Match one's. JR's kind of bore me but I think that's more because it's JR talking about old history. Maybe I'm in the minority about that one?