TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

Oh btw I meant to ask, is anyone on here the guy whose doing the 411mania/wrestling reviews of old Raws? They're really really enjoyable to read and I figured if someone is reviewing shows from episode 1 it might be someone on here.

They put up yet another poll . . .

http://fans.wwe.com/wwe247online/blog/2008..._with_6_choices

My Favorite Match: Who should we interview?

Kenny Dykstra

Matt Striker

Matt Hardy

Brooklyn Brawler

Evan Bourne

Santino Marella

I'm guessing it'll be a close call between Hardy and Marella. I voted Santino. Then again, if Matt was going to show TLC1, I may be regretting that. I sure hope Santino's favorite match doesn't actually involve Santino.

Is it sad I've never looked so forward to a month on 24/7 Online than September and October? Old School month last year was pretty awesome and they're really offering some good stuff for October's voting. Only thing I'm surprised they haven't offered was something for History of IC Title like perhaps to re-profile an older champion. I'm sure they have tons of matches from Savage or Honky Tonk Man they didn't air.

Plus they could offer Warrior and Rick Rude on there too. We never did find out why they skipped over their rivalry.

Nah, I'm looking forward to Sept/Oct myself. I didn't have internet in Sept 07 (moved on the 1st) but I saw the lineup on my cpu at work and was dying to have DSL installed. And since they've doubled the content, we should be in store for some good stuff.

As for the skippage of the IC Title series, here was their response:

The video for the episode was corrupt. WWE 24/7 Online had a choice. They could either not air an episode that month or jump ahead to the following show. We decided to jump ahead and as you probably saw, Jack Korpela did a nice job with the transition.

Not the best explanation since they could have easily had Korpela retape the 4-6 segments for the 1988-90 ep and reinsert the same matches they were going to air. Dropped ball there.

Kenny Dykstra

Matt Striker

Matt Hardy

Brooklyn Brawler

Evan Bourne

Santino Marella

I'm guessing it'll be a close call between Hardy and Marella. I voted Santino. Then again, if Matt was going to show TLC1, I may be regretting that. I sure hope Santino's favorite match doesn't actually involve Santino.

What if Evan Bourne's favourite match is ROH's Steelcage Warefare from December 2005 :)

Kenny Dykstra

Matt Striker

Matt Hardy

Brooklyn Brawler

Evan Bourne

Santino Marella

What if Evan Bourne's favourite match is ROH's Steelcage Warefare from December 2005 :)

We'll never know because let's be honest, 90% of the votes on Fan Nation will be for Matt Hardy. Not that I'm complaining but you know it's a fact. Unless this is why they won't let us vote multiple times so 13 year olds dont vote for Hardy 5000 times.

I told myself I would stuff the ballots for some of these polls but after voting for the same thing like three times, I become disinterested and try my hand at Web Sudoku instead. As Gorilla would say, that'll take the starch out of you.

Class is in session this September with a 7-part series hosted by Matt Striker. Sounds interesting.

Matt Striker's History Lesson: WWE in the '80s

September 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 78 mins.

Matt Striker returns to his teaching roots and welcomes you to his seven-part class on the territories that used to make up sports-entertainment. Your first lesson looks back at the most profitable and successful company in the ’80s: World Wrestling Federation. From Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant to Saturday Night’s Main Event, it will be important to keep your notepad handy because you’re about to learn the most important facts about WWE in the ’80s.

Matt Striker's History Lesson: The AWA

September 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.

The American Wrestling Association was at times an extremely dominant promotion. With the likes of Hulk Hogan, The Midnight Rockers, The Road Warriors and Nick Bockwinkel, it’s a no-brainer why. Matt Striker features some of his favorite AWA matches of all-time, and you will see why fans still beg to see as much as possible from the AWA.

Matt Striker's History Lesson: Jim Crockett Promotions - World Championship Wrestling

September 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 72 mins.

Before WCW formed, the National Wrestling Alliance was the main alternative to WWE. From Ric Flair to The Rock-n-Roll Express, learn from Matt Striker all you can about Jim Crockett Promotions. There are even a few uncovered matches that haven’t been seen on WWE 24/7 ever!

WWE Live Event from Boston

March 8, 1986 | Approx. run time: 127 mins.

Catch this classic event from Boston for the first time ever on WWE 24/7 Online. A gem is discovered on this show as Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat challenges Bret “The Hitman” Hart. In other classics, Randy Savage defends the Intercontinental Championship against Tito Santana, and WWE Champion Hulk Hogan teams up with The Junkyard Dog to take on Terry and Dory Funk Jr.

Raw: Episode 44

December 20, 1993 | Approx. run time: 41 mins.

The long anticipated re-match between Tatanka and Ludvig Borga occurs on Raw. Tatanka wants revenge on Borga for taking him out of action for an extended period of time. Will The Native American put an end to Borga’s undefeated streak? Also, check out the in-ring debut of Double J, Jeff Jarrett. Will his debut live up to the hype?

Raw: Episode 45

December 27, 1993 | Approx. run time: 33 mins.

Get a brush-up on French because The Quebecers are guest commentators on Raw. In action this week, Johnny Polo makes his wrestling debut as he challenges Marty Jannetty. Also, catch Crush and Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon. Plus, Raw visits Undertaker’s workshop, where he’s preparing a casket for Yokozuna!

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 9

November 2, 1986 | Approx. run time: 36 mins.

The very first Intercontinental Title defense on Wrestling Challenge occurs on this episode. Randy Savage defends the title against Billy Jack Haynes. And if you want controversy, look no further than The Snake Pit, as loud-mouth Roddy Piper attempts to shut up host Jake “The Snake” Roberts.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 10

November 9, 1986 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

Going back to “old school” doesn’t get any better than reliving Wrestling Challenge. On this edition, The Junkyard Dog and George “The Animal” Steele team up, and the WWE Universe will get a glimpse of Butch Reed, Hercules and The Islanders.

History of the Intercontinental Championship: Part XV

September 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 59 mins.

Shawn Michaels’ championship reign is tested this month. First, Shawn tackles the undefeated Tatanka at WrestleMania IX. Then, the WWE Universe witnesses how Monday Night Raw affects the legacy of the Intercontinental Championship. Stay tuned for this can’t-miss episode!

Introducing: CM Punk

September 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 8 mins.

CM Punk is a life-long wrestling fan who accomplished his goal of becoming the World Heavyweight Champion at an extremely quick pace. Watch an exclusive interview with CM Punk about his debut in WWE, and how he’s truly come a long way since. Then, watch his debut match from ECW.

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with CM Punk

Wrestling Hot-Beds: Popular Venues in the 1980s

September 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 78 mins.

Josh Mathews leads you on a great trip around the United States to visit some of the most popular locations WWE ever visited in the 1980s. From Madison Square Garden to the Philadelphia Spectrum, we have left nothing unturned. Don’t miss all the classic matches Hot-Beds has to offer this month!

Here are the lineups for the WWE 24/7 Online Specials (It's a pseudo-Coliseum Video bonanza):

History of the Intercontinental Championship: Part XV

Tatanka vs Shawn Michaels - SuperStars 2/13/93

IC Title - Shawn Michaels vs Tatanka - WMIX

Interview w/ Shawn Michaels - RAW 5/17/93

IC Title - Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannetty - RAW 5/17/93

IC Title - Marty Jannetty vs Bam Bam Bigelow - RAW 5/31/93

Blah to these Raw-Repeats but I guess people would complain if they skipped the Raw stuff too.

Wrestling Hot-Beds: Popular Venues in the 1980s

WWF Championship - Lumberjack - Bob Backlund vs SuperStar Billy Graham - MSG 12/28/82

Rockers vs Brain Busters - LA Sports Arena 1/29/89

WWF Championship - Hulk Hogan vs King Harley Race - Maple Leaf Gardens 5/17/87

Cage - Andre the Giant vs Big John Studd - Spectrum 9/24/83

Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect - Boston Garden 6/3/89

It was announed New York will be featured next month.

Matt Striker's History Lesson: WWE in the '80s

WWF Championship - Texas Death - Bob Backlund vs Ken Patera - MSG 5/19/80

WWF Tag Titles - Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo vs Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff - WMI

Piper's Pit w/ Sgt Slaughter - 1984

20 Man Battle Royal - SNME 2/87

WWF Championship - Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant - WMIII

Matt Striker's History Lesson: The AWA

AWA Tag Titles - Midnight Rockers vs Bad Company - ESPN 3/19/88

Interview w/ DDP & Bad Company

Women's Street Fight Lingerie Battle Royal - SuperClash III

AWA / WCCW Championship - Kerry Von Erich vs Jerry Lawler - SuperClash III - Show cuts off during this match on the 750K version. It's supposed to be fixed soon.

Battle Royal - Guessing it was from 1983. No date was given.

AWA Championship - Nick Bockwinkle vs Hulk Hogan - Super Sunday 4/24/83

Matt Striker's History Lesson: Jim Crockett Promotions - World Championship Wrestling

NWA TV Title - Tully Blanchard vs Ricky Steamboat - StarrCade 84

Scaffold - Road Warriors vs Midnight Express - StarrCade 86

US Title - Cage - Lex Luger vs Dusty Rhodes - StarrCade 87 - Geezus, they just posted this match a couple months ago

Wargames - Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Road Warriors, & Paul Ellering vs Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Lex Luger, & The War Machine - GAB 87

Maybe it's just me, but scanning through the matches during these specials, it appears that they're stretching the pic on a few matches for some odd reason.

Assuming the Boston show is uncut, the spoiler free lineup:

Sivi Afi vs Rene Goulet

Jake Roberts vs. Jose Luis Rivera

The Crush Girls (Chigusa Nagayo & Lioness Asuka) vs. Judy Martin & Donna Christianello

Jim Neidhart vs. Scott McGhee

Ricky Steamboat vs. Bret Hart (on Bret's DVD, but awesome match if you've never seen it

WWF IC Champion Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana

Velvet McIntyre & Dawn Marie vs. Bull Nakano & Dump Masamoto

Cpl. Kirchner vs. Iron Mike Sharpe

Ted Arcidi vs. Barry O

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & the Junkyard Dog vs. Terry & Dory Funk Jr.

Last Friday on WWE Fan Nation they had a poll to air an episode of Saturday Night's Main Event. Does anyone know what the choices were? It said they had a list of 5 to pick from.

I'm having a blast watching the Raw's posted on the site. I didn't have cable in 1993, so most of the content in those shows are new to me. Is anyone else watching them for the first time in order?

I am. I didn't get cable until late 1994 (WWF Mania w/ the Roadie's debut was the 1st ep of WWF TV I saw on cable . . . in my house). They are definitely fun to watch. Haven't seen the eps posted on 9/1 yet but plan to soon. A lot of the squashes are even a ball . . . Headshrinkers & Quebecers come to mind there. Plus, getting an hour and half of Vince going maniacal every two weeks is worth the price of admission.

Surprisingly they've added the mid-September update early:

Matt Striker's History Lesson: Extreme Championship Wrestling

September 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 98 mins.

Matt Striker visits the Land of the Extreme and brings a special guest lecturer to help him out. This final class re-lives a classic encounter between Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko, extreme lucha libre and, of course, a little bit of hardcore. If you’re a new or old ECW fan, this class will truly help you re-live the good old days of Extreme.

Matt Striker's History Lesson: Championship Wrestling From Florida

September 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 57 mins.

Championship Wrestling from Florida is one of your teacher’s favorite territories of all time. It’s not too difficult to see why with the likes of Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Lex Luger and Ron Simmons all part of the company. While CWF might be one of the lesser known territories, Matt Striker is confident that by the end of his class, the WWE Universe will appreciate what this territory had to offer.

Matt Striker's History Lesson: World Class Championship Wrestling

September 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 81 mins.

It’s time to take a field trip to Texas for a history lesson of World Class Championship Wrestling. Learn all about the famous rivalries and the Superstars that made this promotion one of the most popular back in the ’80s. Plus, there are tons of matches unearthed on this special history lesson.

Matt Striker's History Lesson: World Championship Wrestling

September 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 75 mins.

It’s the final lesson in this semester’s course. WCW became the biggest threat to WWE in the ’90s. WCW Monday Nitro ruled the Monday Night Wars, and WWE talent was raided by Ted Turner’s high payroll to make this the company to follow. Watch many of the more memorable WCW moments all brought to you by your teacher, Matt Striker.

Raw: Episode 46

January 3, 1994 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

This week on Raw, we get a little closer to the Royal Rumble. Find out if WWE World Champion Yokozuna has any surprises in store for his Rumble opponent, Undertaker. Then, check out a big-time tag match as The Smoking Gunns take on Bam Bam Bigelow and Bastion Booger. Can The Smoking Gunns overcome the gigantic duo of Bigelow and Booger?

Raw: Episode 47

January 10, 1994 | Approx. run time: 36 mins.

It’s the one-year anniversary episode of Raw! While a lot has changed in the 15 years since this special first aired, you can be sure it lives up to being Uncut, Uncooked and Uncensored! Definitely check out this special episode of Raw!

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 11

November 16, 1986 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.

You don’t want to miss this very special edition of Wrestling Challenge! First, Intercontinental Champion Randy Savage faces the Birdman, Koko B. Ware. Then, King Harley Race battles against Corporal Kirschner. Finally, in the main event, it’s Captain Lou Albano’s retirement match! He teams up with WWE Tag Team Champions the British Bulldogs to take on Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake and their manager Johnny V. Don’t miss out on any of the action.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 12

November 23, 1986 | Approx. run time: 39 mins.

On this episode of Wrestling Challenge, the spotlight shines on the biggest tag teams from WWE in the ’80s! The Hart Foundation, Moondogs, Can-Am Connection, Killer Bees and the newest force to be reckoned with, Don Muraco and Bob Orton Jr. are all in action. Which team will prove to be the most dominant on Wrestling Challenge?

The Midnight Express vs. The Rock-n-Roll Express

September 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 29 mins.

Don’t miss an exclusive interview with Jim Ross as he discusses one of the greatest tag team rivalries in the history of the NWA. The Rock-n-Roll Express and The Midnight Express not only set the standard for tag team wrestling, but they became the main attraction at many of the biggest NWA events. Don’t miss this classic encounter.

Bonus Features: Exclusive interview with Jim Ross

My Favorite Match: The Miz

September 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 27 mins.

We’ve all seen the famed Hell in a Cell Match between Undertaker and Mankind. In fact, this match is a fan-favorite among many WWE Superstars, including The Miz. Watch an exclusive interview with The Miz as he discusses what it was like watching this match before being part of WWE. Then watch for the first time in high-resolution on WWE 24/7 Online this famed Hell in a Cell contest.

Bonus Features: Exclusive interview with The Miz.

WWE Universe Selection: 1988 Royal Rumble

September 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 143 mins.

You voted for it and now you get the entire 1988 Royal Rumble event! Not only is the very first Royal Rumble included, but you get the entire program. This includes the battle between Ricky Steamboat and Rick Rude, the WWE Women’s Tag Team Title match, and the famed contract signing for a rematch between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. Don’t miss the first-ever Royal Rumble!

These are the listings for the WCW special:

Ron Simmons vs. Cactus Jack - WCW World Title (Clash of Champions XX 9/2/92)

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero - WCW Cruiserweight Title (Halloween Havoc 10/26/97)

Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart vs. Randy Savage & Roddy Piper (Great American Bash 6/14/98)

Lex Luger shows up on Nitro (9/4/95)

Formation of nWo

Hulk Hogan vs. Goldberg (Nitro 7/6/98)

"While CWF might be one of the lesser known territories"

I love the stuff that they throw in to piss people off.

In defense I know nothing about CWF and they have no DVD's on the territory so I didn't find it offensive.

how'd you figure it out? And on another note, looks like they're renaming it to WWE Legacy, lol

Can't go wrong with Candice on the promo pic...well just as long as she isn't in any matches this month.

I guess Legacy is to differentiate from Classics on Demand? Who knows, kinda like the name.

Wow thanks!

I can't access the October page but from the options they gave us I suspect it would be a lean month but with a lot of full shows. Atleast 6 Raw or Challenge, a bunch of full length arena shows, WCW Nitro, History IC TItle, Hot-Beds and the rest of the originals. No complaints here yet...I liked they let us vote on everything.