TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

Here's another November preview from WWE.com Legacy:

Hello WWE Universe!

We hope everyone has enjoyed the videos chosen for October. This November we're going to out do ourselves again with an incredible month.

We're featuring some of the greatest Survivor Series matches as well as matches involving some of the greatest factions in wrestling history.

In November we're also going to have another special countdown from "The Fink" Howard Finkel reliving his favorite Survivor Series matches. In addition, those matches will also be archived in the Survivor Series section down the road individually. In case you haven't looked there, we already have 25 classic Survivor Series matches to relive. By the end of November that list should be close to 40 matches.

Also expect the usual episodes of Raw, Wrestling Challenge, History of the Intercontinental Championship, J.R.'s Pick of the Month, Wrestling Hot-Beds and all of your other favorite shows!

Happy watching!

-WWE.com Legacy

I sure hope Vince doesn't see this.

I'm getting a much faster computer in a few weeks. I'm hoping this solves some of the slowdown issues I have with the videos (they seem to run fine on a brand new laptop on the same internet connection but I don't find that terribly convenient).

Good luck w/ that.

I can't even watch those relatively dreadful 300k videos anymore. They're actually running some of their vids at 781k. If they beef it up any more, I may need a faster internet connection.

first half of the November lineup is now available:

Raw: Episode 52

February 21, 1994 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.

WrestleMania X is less than a month away, and Raw features two important matches heading into the big event. First, the WWE Tag Team Championship is on the line as The Quebecers defend their gold against Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon and 1-2-3 Kid. 1-2-3 Kid has already won the Tag Team Championship once on Raw, can he do it again? The other big match of the night features Bret “Hitman” Hart facing Heavenly Body member Tom Prichard. Prichard is managed by Jim Cornette who also has an alliance with WWE Champion, Yokozuna. What are the chances the champion will make a special appearance on Raw?

Raw: Episode 53

February 28, 1994 | Approx. run time: 35 mins.

All the latest details heading into WrestleMania X are revealed on this edition of Raw. One major development will be addressed regarding the WWE Championship. That’s because Randy Savage is challenging Yokozuna for the title. If Savage wins on Raw, then the entire landscape of WrestleMania will change. Don’t miss Raw to find out who’s leaving as WWE Champion.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 20

January 19, 1987 | Approx. run time: 35 mins.

Wrestling Challenge starts to heat up with Hulk Hogan as the special guest on Piper’s Pit. Wait and see what happens when Andre the Giant also joins the party! Meanwhile in the ring another big 6-man tag team encounter takes place. This week, The Dream Team joins forces with Dino Bravo to take on Tito Santana, Pedro Morales and Hillbilly Jim.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 21

January 26, 1987 | Approx. run time: 41 mins.

Another famous Piper’s Pit will take center stage on Wrestling Challenge. Once again, expect to see both Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant make special appearances. In action, you won’t want to miss the Wrestling Challenge debut of the dominating duo of Demolition. Also, catch the return to the ring of Rick Steamboat. Is Randy Savage watching? Plus, WrestleMania III is coming soon and you won’t want to miss all the latest details.

Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship: Part XVII

November 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 61 mins.

For the second time in its illustrious history, the Intercontinental Championship is vacated. This episode will highlight the crowning of a new Intercontinental Champion. Then join Jack Korpela as he leads you through the journey of this new champion’s title reign.

Wrestling Hot-Beds: Minnesota

November 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 75 mins.

Wrestling Hot-Beds travels to Minnesota to showcase Superstars from the Twin Cities area. From governors to “perfection” to “ravishing” ones, sit back and enjoy some of the most popular Superstars from Minnesota.

Stay tuned in December as Hot-Beds visits Michigan.

Introducing: Undertaker

November 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.

Almost two decades of destruction began on a cold night in Hartford, Conn., in November 1990. On this night, Ted DiBiase announced the members of his Survivor Series team. The final member was somebody WWE fans had never heard of – Undertaker. Watch Undertaker make his WWE debut.

The Fink's Top 10 Survivor Series Countdown: Part 1

November 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 97 mins.

The Fink, Howard Finkel returns to WWE.com Legacy to bring to you his all time favorite matches from Survivor Series. Which elimination tag team matches will show up on the list? Is The Fink a fan of “screwjobs”? One thing we’re almost certain is that the Gobbley Gooker is nowhere to be found on this special!

Don’t forget November 15, part 2 of The Fink’s special will debut.

Survivor Series 1989 - Team Dusty vs. Team Bossman

November 23, 1989 | Approx. run time: 25 mins.

Will the “American Dream” do hard time at the 1989 Survivor Series? Find out as Big Boss Man teams with Bad News Brown, The Honky Tonk Man and Rick Martel to take on Dusty Rhodes, Brutus Beefcake, Tito Santana and The Red Rooster. There are tons of rivalries to be settled in this match but only the strong will survive.

Survivor Series 1993 - Team Razor vs. Team IRS

November 24, 1993 | Approx. run time: 26 mins.

The 1993 Survivor Series is known for the event in which Owen Hart walked out on the Hart Brothers and Yokozuna went face-to-face for the first time with Undertaker. However, this eight-Man Survivor Series Match might be one of the best matches from the evening. Find out which team will have their hands raised as the sole survivors at the event.

Survivor Series 1995 - Wildcard Match

November 19, 1995 | Approx. run time: 30 mins.

An interesting concept was developed at the 1995 Survivor Series. Friends would oppose friends. Enemies would be teammates. Thus the first-ever Wildcard Survivor Series Match. Not only did each team have to focus on surviving, they also had to make sure they could trust their partners. This match might turn out to be one of the most unpredictable Survivor Series matches ever!

WCW Main Event - Ric Flair/Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard vs. Lex Luger/Sting/Barry Windham

April 7, 1988 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.

The Four Horsemen might go down as the most dominant faction in the ’80s. With multiple DVD’s featuring the career or Ric Flair and The Four Horsemen, it was a challenge to find a rare classic match. Never fear because WWE.com Legacy did just that. Enjoy this classic six-man tag from WCW Main Event.

Raw - Hart Foundation vs. Undertaker/Stone Cold/Dude Love - Flag Match

July 12, 1997 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

Relive this classic Flag Match from Monday Night Raw! Emanating from Canada that evening, the rabid WWE Universe unanimously showed their support for Bret Hart and the Hart Foundation. Literally in the war zone, which team will proudly hold up their country’s flag when Raw goes off the air?

WrestleMania XX - Evolution vs. Rock and Sock Connection

March 14, 2004 | Approx. run time: 22 mins.

When Triple H introduced the world to Evolution, they quickly became the most dominating faction in the history of the brand split. The Rock and Mick Foley reunited to take on the team of Ric Flair, Batista and Randy Orton. Not only is this The Rock’s final WrestleMania match, but it also features the WrestleMania debut of Batista and Randy Orton. Relive this classic match.

In Your House - Degeneration X

December 7, 1997 | Approx. run time: 53 mins.

D-Generation X was becoming more than just a loudmouth and controversial faction. They were becoming a way of life in WWE. In fact, WWE In Your House officially became a DX sanctioned PPV with Shawn Michaels and Triple H headlining the event. In this video catch Shawn Michaels defending the WWE Championship against Ken Shamrock, and Triple H face Sgt. Slaughter in a Boot Camp Match. The night started out going DX’s way but we can guarantee by the end of the evening everyone will be shocked.

A couple of the specials lineups:

Legacy of Intercontinetal Championship Part XVII:

20-Man Battle Royal (Monday Night Raw 10/4/93)

Razor Ramon vs. Rick Martel (Raw 10/11/93)

Razor Ramon vs. Crush (Augusta, ME - Coliseum Video 12/15/93)

Razor Ramon vs. IRS (Royal Rumble 1/22/94)

Wrestling Hot Beds: Minnesota:

Verne Gagne vs. Baron von Raschke - AWA World Title (no date given)

Bob Backlund vs. Sgt. Slaughter - WWF World title (Madison Square Garden 5/23/83)

Jesse Ventura vs. Dominic DeNucci (Madison Square Garden 1/18/82)

Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Ultimate Warrior - WWF IC Title (WrestleMania V 4/2/89)

Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel (AWA 1987)

I can't get the Fink Survivor Series special to work so don't know what we've got on there. Also interesting to note that they don't mute Vince introducing Randy Savage as a future WWF Hall of Famer during his entrance on the 2/21/94 Raw show (well WWF is muted) as I was expecting that to be edited out. Great lineup so far for this month anyway.

So far a fan of the schedule. I can't complain with Survivor Series matches. Unlike what I assume is most of the people on here, I don't own many Survivor Series on DVD or Home Video so many of these are new to me. Plus, elimination matches usually are long matches so I feel I get my money for it. Call me surprised they are promoting it again on WWE.com.

By the way, they added a "Specials" section in the categories which has the Fink Specials, Striker Classrooms and other one shots in the past year.

I still fully believe Legacy is the best bang for my buck on WWE.com.

I'd definitely agree there. For the price of two WWE dvds/year, you get about 200 new hours of content plus anything that was posted before signing up.

I dig the Hotbeds lineup and I'm sure the Fink's special will be good stuff. I've always been a Survivor Series and Royal Rumble mark so Nov and Jan should be fine months.

I wonder if Fink will do a Rumble Countdown? I'm just thinking, those Rumble matches are long. If he did a top 10 it could be a 4 hour part 1 and a 4 hour part 2.

It's possible. He'd probably only choose 3-4 actual Rumble matches and choose the rest off of regular matches. That or he could do a Top 10 Battle Royal Special since Legacy pushed the fact that there'd be many of those aired in January.

From WWE Universe:

Now a few questions many people have been asking:

1) Why isn't WWE.com Legacy in the new video player on WWE.com?

Well it's quite simple, the new player handles high definition video. The videos we offer are all in standard definition due to it being older content. With the exception to our programs being shot at WWE studios (Hot-Beds, Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship) nothing we show you is wide-screen. However with Legacy offering speaks at 750K it's at a near TV quality as it is.

2) What's airing in the second half of November?

We can't give away everything yet but here are few snippets. There will be more Survivor Series matches. The Fink will have his second part of the countdown. As for factions we're featuring, we can tell you about two matches. We are re-airing the Corporate Royal Rumble from Raw in 1999. To the best of our knowledge, this match has not re-aired anywhere since the brand extension began. We also found a WCCW match that we don't think has aired on DVD or 24/7 Classics on Demand yet. Of course we can be corrected but to the best of our knowledge it hasn't aired on those services. It's a pretty good match between the Von Erich's and the Freebirds.

3) What's December's theme?

The tentative theme is "Celebrate the Holiday's with WWE Families". The name of the theme is lengthy so that should change but the theme itself won't. We did this last November and have decided that we want to out do ourselves. Expanding to 15-20 hours a month is allowing us that capability. We're pulling matches from different territories as well a special from TNT. We're also debuting a new Hall of Fame feature set to air on the 1st and 15th of each month.

December should also debut the new "ECW Legacy Series". While the series is still in pre-production we can give a few details:

-It will be bi-monthly and fit the specific theme of month. The first episode will highlight wrestling families that have traveled through ECW. While the matches have not been selected yet don't be surprised to see great action involving Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, and perhaps even Arn Anderson!

We are very excited for December and think every subscriber will also be happy.

Also, wwe.com posted the November preview show featuring the Challenge debut of Demolition, a Piper's Pit, & clips of the Undertaker's Survivor Series debut:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms...er29-31/8533504

Just noticed Fink's special was added again. Didn't get a chance to watch it but will this weekend.

I also noticed that preview show. I guess they are set on pushing this service. Maybe I should purchase a yearly instead of monthly now before they raise the price. With the archive being available I can see them making it as much as $10 a month.

Let me know if the 750k version of the Fink's special works for you. It gives me a weird error message. The 300k version works though but I can't sit through that.

My guess is they won't jack up the rate unless they jack up the amount of monthly content yet again.

I can tell you that virtually every match is complete (except for fall of 1988-spring of 1990 in which the lineage was skipped for whatever reason). Well worth it if you're a fan of the title. There are some lineups of some of the parts in previous pages.

The Razor Ramon vs. Crush match is nothing, but the Monsoon-Johnny Polo commentary is remarkably entertaining. It's comparable to Heenan and Monsoon, but if Monsoon was entertained by Heenan instead of annoyed or disgusted. Johnny Polo's commentary might be the greatest thing Scott Levy ever did.

Levy singing some Doors during a Shawn/Marty cage match was the best part of said match. Well, maybe just second best - the best part was Marty going for a cover despite the fact it was 1993 and people weren't pinned in Federation cage matches, so Alfonso runs in there to count, then leaves. Don't do drugs kids.

Would anyone be willing to type up what matches have aired on each of the History of the Intercontinental Title? And are the matches complete? I am not yet a subscriber but am strongly considering it.

History of the Intercontinental Title might be the best series WWE has ever produced. No joke. I am entertained by it each month and they really do cover every important match in each Superstars reign. The earlier episodes are the best because they featured gems from house shows that I have never seen anywhere else.

To be honest, they could package this series as a DVD and sell the first 5 parts for $30 and it would be worth it.

Maybe I'm partial because it's my favorite title?

I guarantee if you order Legacy for the IC Title specials, you will not be disappointed (unless you wanted Warrior/Rude coverage).

Apparently, I'll have to upgrade to WMP 11 to view the Fink's special. I'll pass on that. I had 11 on my last pc and hated it. I just hope the videos posted on the 15th don't get errored up.

I am looking over all the past 24/7 posts trying to find the match listings for the Intercontinental Title shows, if I find them I will post them here for a reference for everyone.

You know a lot of thost listings would be in old posts. We used to do a monthly post for the service.