TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

I checked "Big Show" because right now it's listed in the Mania/SummerSlam/Survivor/Rumble section and thought "this must be where the big shows are". How silly of me.

I'm watching the April 91 SNME right now. Really surprised to hear a licenced song ("Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting") remain as the intro theme. Clips of Undertaker locking Warrior in a casket in the intro reveal this show aired when I was already watching wrestling, but I was apparently not aware it was on. Savage still seems to be a bit heelish on commentary too, so that's cool.

That was a pretty solid SNME. A fun battle royal w/ Hercules blatantly eliminating himself after Hogan's dumping. Plus, Hart/DiBiase was pretty awesome and I'm a mark for Tito Santana matches (seems like he was in almost every SNMEs around this time).

I was surprised Nickelback's Elton John cover was actually cheaper to use then the original SNME theme from that time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZk4SKjLsps

I'd have preferred Def Leppard's "Saturday Night (High & Dry)" myself.

A fun battle royal w/ Hercules blatantly eliminating himself

Heh, yeah. It was a funny sequence - Tugboat eliminates the favourite in Hogan, then the smallest guy in the ring (Shawn) eliminates Tugboat. Out of nowhere you see Hercules run to the ropes and propel himself over. You can BRIEFLY see Bossman in the area and I think the idea was he forcefully ejected Herc, but it's funnier just to view it as is.

Just skimming through the Striker specials:

"One of the reasons I loved WCW..."

Vince really doesn't listen to this guy does he? I love it.

New updates (on the new weekly schedule) for Dec 1:

Raw: Episode 56

March 28, 1994 | Approx. run time: 44 mins.

Lex Luger is ready to take his WrestleMania aggression out on “The Model” Rick Martel this week on Raw. Can the veteran outlast “Made in the USA” Lex Luger? Also, the Quebecers get an unexpected visit from Hall of Famer Captain Lou Albano. Albano promised to deliver a mystery tag team to challenge the champions. Find out on Raw just who that team is.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 24

February 15, 1987 | Approx. run time: 41 mins.

Hulk Hogan is on Piper’s Pit this week, and he’s going to answer Andre the Giant’s challenge. The main event features a huge six-man tag as Hillbilly Jim tags with the Rougeaus to face The Dream Team and their manager, Johnny V. Also, catch Intercontinental Champion Randy Savage, King Harley Race, and The Killer Bees in action.

Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship: Part XVIII

December 1, 2008 | Approx. run time: 63 mins.

Relive the classic Ladder Match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon from WrestleMania X this month on The Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship. Don’t read the Cliffs Notes on this episode, because all the matches are unbelievable!

The Fink's Hall of Fame Selection: Bobo Brazil vs. Crusher Blackwell

March 1, 1976 | Approx. run time: 9 mins.

The Fink, Howard Finkel introduces WWE.com Legacy to many lost treasures in the WWE tape library. The Fink’s first pick features Bobo Brazil battling Crusher Blackwell in Madison Square Garden. This match, now more than 30 years old, is truly a gem worth checking out.

WCCW - Freebirds vs. Von Erich's - 6 Man Elimination Lumberjack Strap Match

May 18, 1986 | Approx. run time: 23 mins.

This match is certainly a mouthful! Kevin Von Erich announced he was not medically cleared to compete so the Von Erich’s chose Steve Simpson from Africa to take his place. Will the replacement be enough for the Von Erich’s to claim the gold? Find out in another great match reliving the biggest rivalry in all of WCCW.

Royal Rumble 1999 - Royal Rumble Match

January 24, 1999 | Approx. run time: 64 mins.

The Royal Rumble Match is typically one of the most unpredictable events all year. In 1999, anything was bound to happen when the first entrant was “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and the second entrant was Mr. McMahon. With other competitors such as Triple H, Edge, Owen Hart and Kane involved, anyone could be heading to the main event of WrestleMania XV.

WCW Power Hour - Arn Anderson vs. Great Muta

January 12, 1990 | Approx. run time: 14 mins.

Can Arn Anderson add the WCW Television Championship to his wrestling resume? WWE.com Legacy dug into the vaults to pull this classic match from WCW Power Hour. Enjoy this rarely seen title match.

Raw - Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog

February 26, 1997 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

Who will leave Germany the first-ever European Champion? Not only are both Owen Hart and The British Bulldog co-holders of the Tag Team Championship, they were both trained in The Dungeon. Can either man outsmart the other to win the title? Find out in one of the greatest matches ever featured on Raw.

I suspect the reason the IC Legacy XVIII has the description it does was so they didn't have to advertise the fact it ACTUALLY contains Razor Ramon vs. Ludvig Borga and Diesel vs. Lex Luger (on top of the ladder match and Diesel vs. Razor from Superstars). I actually have Luger vs. Diesel on some tape around here (called "Off the Top Rope" oddly enough) and was quite thrilled to have it at the time!

I'm all for weekly updates but I think they should release the entire months schedule if they do this. I want to know what I'm going to get each week.

Yeah, it's the first time they've done it in over a year.

It looks like Challenge is running at a skimpy 9 minutes this week. Hopefully that gets fixed . . . come to think of it they never did reupload the Wild Card match from SurSer95.

EDIT - Challenge is working now.

As soon as I saw the Next Generation, I thought of the Mooney/Hayes skits on CV's Invasion 92. I have no idea what that will be. Maybe a 2 hour special about Ariel Rose McMahon-Levesque.

I believe ECW Legacy will be a bi-monthly show.

Saw the Muta/Anderson match. It was fine but I don't know, I must have been expecting a truly awesome match and it just wasn't that. They just don't gel all that well. Hey, I can rhyme any ol time.

For anyone interested, I added the links to the Raw/Challenge/Hotbed eps that are to be added on 12/8 to the archive thread.

Geez, the Von Erichs were dicks during that lumberjack strap elimination title match. The booking of that one made me wonder if Ken Mantel was Russo's uncle or something like that. If there weren't enough stipulations, Fritz/Mike kept strapping the hell out of the Freebirds just for being near the ropes or on the apron (no matter if they were legally in the match or not). Even when Fritz was kicked out, he was totally unapologetic about it. If it wasn't for the deaths of the Von Erich boys, it would have been an awesome angle to have Fritz turn on his 'pretty boy punk' kids and align w/ the Freebirds to teach them a lesson or something like that. Fritz was a natural heel from the limited WCCW I've been able to see.

Just finished watching The Fink's top 10 Survivor Series Matches and um, WTF @ 8, 7, 6 & 3?

10. Andre the Giant, King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude, Butch Reed, One Man Gang vs. Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Bam Bam Bigalow, Ken Patera (1987)

9. Marc Mero, The Stalker, Rocky Maivia, Jake Roberts vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Crush, Goldust, Jerry Lawler (1996)

8. Kane vs. Mankind (1997)

7. The Royal Family vs. Clowns R Us (1994)

6. Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Tito Santana vs. Ted DiBiase, Rick Martel, The Warlord, Paul Roma, Hercules (1990)

5. The Rock vs. Mankind (1998)

4. The Powers of Pain, The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, The Rockers, The Young Stallions vs. Demolition, The Brain Busters, The Bolsheviks, The Conquistadors, The Fabulous Rougeaus (1988)

3. Bertha Faye, Aja Kong, Liones Aska, Tomoko Watanabe vs. Alundra Blayze, Kyoko Inoue, Sakie Hasegawa, Chapparita Asari (1995)

2. The Undertaker vs. Hulk Hogan (1991)

1. Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (1992)

The Fink is kind of like a 12 year old mark when he does these lists. Workrate takes a backseat to the overall spectacle of the match in many cases. Personally, I had a good chuckle or two watching the Clowns R Us vs Royal Family match.

And . . .

Wrestling's Hot Beds: Michigan

WWF Tag Titles - Steiner Brothers vs Heavenly Bodies (SumSlam93)

Zach Gowen vs Matt Hardy (No Mercy 2003)

George Steele vs Tiger Chung Lee (Boston Garden 8/3/85)

WWF Championship - Bret Hart vs Diesel (KOTR94)

RVD vs Rey Mysterio (WWE vs ECW Special)

Geez, the Von Erichs were dicks during that lumberjack strap elimination title match. The booking of that one made me wonder if Ken Mantel was Russo's uncle or something like that. If there weren't enough stipulations, Fritz/Mike kept strapping the hell out of the Freebirds just for being near the ropes or on the apron (no matter if they were legally in the match or not). Even when Fritz was kicked out, he was totally unapologetic about it. If it wasn't for the deaths of the Von Erich boys, it would have been an awesome angle to have Fritz turn on his 'pretty boy punk' kids and align w/ the Freebirds to teach them a lesson or something like that. Fritz was a natural heel from the limited WCCW I've been able to see.

Fritz was one of the all time great heels. Had he been in wrestling shape and the Von Erich kids not drug abusers, that would've actually been a fun feud. But he only stepped in in the first place to replace dead children.

Wrestling's Hot Beds: Michigan

WWF Tag Titles - Steiner Brothers vs Heavenly Bodies (SumSlam93)

Zach Gowen vs Matt Hardy (No Mercy 2003)

George Steele vs Tiger Chung Lee (Boston Garden 8/3/85)

WWF Championship - Bret Hart vs Diesel (KOTR94)

RVD vs Rey Mysterio (WWE vs ECW Special)

I'm missing Hot-Beds on the page. I keep pressing refresh but its not there. Can you post the link like those other videos have been posted in the other folder?

And Weekly Update #2 for the month has been plopped on WWE.com Legacy:

Raw: Episode 57

April 4, 1994 | Approx. run time: 43 mins.

Get ready for WrestleMania re-matches this week on Raw. First, Adam Bomb challenges Earthquake. Can Earthquake defuse Adam Bomb for a second time in a row? Also, the 10-Man tag from WrestleMania X that didn’t take place will happen on Raw. The Headshrinkers tag with Jeff Jarrett, I.R.S. and “The Model” Rick Martel to face Tatanka, Sparky Plugg, The Smoking Gunns and the 1-2-3 Kid. Finally, we’ll hear from Mr. Perfect as to why he screwed Lex Luger out of the WWE Championship.

Stay tuned because December 15th another episode of Raw airs on WWE.com Legacy

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 25

February 22, 1987 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

WrestleMania III is only a few weeks away and the stars that made the show memorable are on Wrestling Challenge! You’ll see interviews with Roddy Piper and Hulk Hogan as well as matches with Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and The Junkyard Dog. Plus The Honkytonk Man is the guest on the Snake Pit. You don’t want to miss this episode of Wrestling Challenge.

Stay tuned because December 15th another episode of Wrestling Challenge airs on WWE.com Legacy

Wrestling Hot-Beds: Michigan

December 8, 2008 | Approx. run time: 53 mins.

It might be a little chilly this time of the year, but all your favorite Superstars from Michigan are featured on this month’s edition of Wrestling Hot-Beds. From The Steiner Brothers to Kevin Nash to Zach Gowen nobody is left out. And don’t worry; we’ll get a little warmer next month as we head down to Florida for Hot-Beds.

Introducing: The Honkytonk Man

December 8, 2008 | Approx. run time: 4 mins.

WWE.com Legacy has an exclusive for you this month you can’t find anywhere else. The Honkytonk Man sits down to discuss his debut in WWE. Was the master of shake, rattle and roll nervous during his first match? What are his thoughts on the fans initially booing him? After the exclusive interview with “the Greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time” enjoy The Honkytonk Man’s debut.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive never before seen interview with The Honkytonk Man.

From the 9/28/86 ep of Challenge . . . HTM vs Terry Gibbs

Starrcade - Carlos Colon vs. Abdullah The Butcher

November 24, 1983 | Approx. run time: 5 mins.

Although Carlito and Primo’s father Carlos Colon spent the majority of his career wrestling in Puerto Rico, he did compete in both the NWA and WWE from time to time. The following video features Carlos Colon battling Abdullah the Butcher in a match banned from Puerto Rico. Watch carefully as a certain Spanish announcer makes his presence.

The following video is rated TV-14: Parental Discretion Advised.

Primetime Wrestling - Fabulous Moolah vs. Wendi Richter

June 11, 1985 | Approx. run time: 5 mins.

Every month WWE.com Legacy goes into the vaults to find a classic women’s match. This month we go back to one of the first episodes of Primetime Wrestling as Hall of Famer, Fabulous Moolah, tries to claim the Women’s Championship from her foe Wendi Richter. Who will leave Women’s Champion?

Match is JIP from Maple Leaf Gardens 5/26/85

Raw - The Rock vs. Bret Hart

March 31, 1997 | Approx. run time: 11 mins.

It’s a double dose of wrestling families in this match. The Rock defends the Intercontinental Championship against Bret “Hit Man” Hart. The Rock was still a rookie in WWE and Bret Hart was willing to do anything to win a match. Will the championship change hands or can The Rock pull an upset against the Excellence in Execution?

AWA Wrestling - 6-Man Tag

January 31, 1986 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.

While Curt Hennig is best known as being Mr. Perfect, he found a lot of success in the AWA. Watch Hennig shine in this classic six-man tag from the AWA.

Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, & Greg Gagne vs Nick Bockwinkle, Ray Stevens, & Larry Zbyszko from Superclash I 9/28/95

As a sidenote, the archive thread has been updated.

Looks like the latest Challenge that was just posted has the same problem. With that said, these videos were just added tonight:

Raw: Episode 58

April 11, 1994 | Approx. run time: 39 mins.

Who did the WWE Universe vote to challenge The Quebecers on Raw? Before Cyber Sunday ever existed, Raw had its own interactive element. Viewers could call in throughout the show and vote on the opponent for the Tag Team Champions. Will the tag titles change hands? The King’s Court returns with special guest Lex Luger. What will Luger have to say about Mr. Perfect? Find out on this weeks episode of Monday Night Raw.

Stay tuned because December 22nd another episode of Raw airs on WWE.com Legacy

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 26

March 1, 1987 | Approx. run time: 39 mins.

The brand new WWE Tag Team Champions, the Hart Foundation, are in action this week. Find out why Danny Davis is now in their corner. Intercontinental Champion Randy Savage will also compete on Wrestling Challenge. Will Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat be nearby? And it’s a gigantic main event with Bruno Sammartino taking on Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff. It’s going to be a classic episode of Wrestling Challenge.

Stay tuned because Dec. 22 another episode of Wrestling Challenge airs on WWE.com Legacy

J.R.’s Pick of the Month: The Hart Foundation vs. Steve Austin/Ken Shamrock/Legion of Doom/Goldust

December 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 46 mins.

This month on J.R’s Pick, Hall of Famer Jim Ross discusses the Hart Foundation and their pride for family and competition in Canada. Hear exclusive commentary from J.R. about Owen Hart and Brian Pillman. Then relive this classic eight-man tag match and see for yourself why this bout is such a heart-warming memory for the Hart family.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive Interview with Jim Ross.

ECW Legacy - Debut Episode

December 15, 2008 | Approx. run time: 74 mins.

This is the debut episode of ECW Legacy! Relive classic matches from the original ECW with hosts Joey Styles and Tazz. This month, ECW Legacy focuses on wrestling families that have competed in ECW. Superstars such as Terry Funk, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko and even Dusty Rhodes are featured this month. And don’t miss the next episode in February as we take a look at Lucha Libre in ECW.

Sabu vs Chris Candido - N2R 1999

Terry/Dory Funk & Tommy Dreamer vs Public Enemy & Hack Myers - ECW Arena 7/12/94

Bullrope Match - Dusty Rhodes vs Steve Corino - Living Dangerously 2000

Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko - ECW Arena 4/15/95

WrestleMania 2 - Terry/Dory Funk vs. Tito Santana/Junkyard Dog

April 7, 1986 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.

Can the Funks work as a cohesive unit to defeat Hall of Famers Tito Santana and Junkyard Dog? Find out in this classic WrestleMania tag team encounter.

SmackDown - Eddie Guerrero/Chavo Guerrero vs. Edge/John Cena

September 12, 2002 | Approx. run time: 7 mins.

This match is memorable for many reasons. First, while Eddie and Chavo have tagged before, this is the match when they formally were recognized as “Los Guerreros.” This is also a rare opportunity to relive one of John Cena’s first matches in WWE. And this is one of the few occasions you’ll ever see Edge and Cena as a tag team. For those three reasons alone, definitely check this match out!

The Fink's Hall of Fame Selection: Don Muraco/Bob Orton Jr. vs. Dan Spivey/Jerry Allen

March 16, 1987 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

The Fink goes into the vault to feature Hall of Famers Don Muraco and Bob Orton Jr. in tag team action. How will they fare against the team of Dan Spivey and Jerry Allen? And don’t miss The Fink’s January Hall of Fame matches as he looks back at Royal Rumble!

3/7/87 from Boston Garden per Cawthon's site

Madison Square Garden - Ted Dibiase/Virgil vs. Dusty/Dustin Rhodes

November 24, 1990 | Approx. run time: 9 mins.

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase might be good friends, but their fathers certainly weren’t! Catch this classic tag team rivalry between the DiBiase and Rhodes families.

They posted on WWE Universe a picture as a preview for their new series Monday called Generations (Formerly known as WWE The Next Generation). I can't add photos on here but check it out on there or if someone else can add it definitely do so. Still no specific details on the format of the show.

Couple of thoughts on ECW Legacy this month.

- Sabu vs. Candido had barely any selling despite the fact that they went through tables and flipped all over the place.

- Didn't like the black & white during the close up shots of blood. We pay for this service, there shouldn't be any of that.

Haven't seen the ECW special but yeah, black/white on the blood shots is no good especially after they mark it TV-14. I know they did it on wwe.com for the HHH/Jericho cell match but I didn't know it extended to pay services.

Do they black/white blood out of dvds?

The Dusty/Corino match is on Dusty's dvd. I don't remember black & white there but I'll double check. It doesn't bother me personally.

What an awful match that six man is. It's almost good in a bad sort of way. Styles' commentary is WAY over the top, and the weapon shots looked terrible. Having a battle royal break out at the end was cool though.

Thats odd though for 2 reasons. One being that before the show there was a warning that its meant for an older audience. Two being that some of blood shots weren't in black & white, just the real close up ones.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 27

March 8, 1987 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

Everyone’s getting ready for WrestleMania III on Wrestling Challenge. The Can-Am Connection, Adrian Adonis, Tito Santana, Kamala and Honkytonk Man are in action. Also catch some of the oddest guests ever on the Snake Pit as Hillbilly Jim, The Haiti Kid and Little Beaver visit.

My Favorite Match - Natalya Neidhart

December 22, 2008 | Approx. run time: 34 mins.

Natalya sits down with WWE.com Legacy to discuss the classic SummerSlam battle between her uncle Bret Hart and uncle Davey Boy Smith. Watch an exclusive interview with Natalya and then enjoy the match in its entirety.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive interview with Natalya Neidhart.

Sheesh, Hart/Bulldog from SS92 posted AGAIN. I was hoping for Legacy to pull a fast one and air the IYH match in its place.

Primetime Wrestling - Rougeau Brothers vs. The Rockers

August 8, 1988 | Approx. run time: 18 mins.

The Rougeau Brothers are one of the more underrated tag teams from the late ’80s. Find out if this brotherly tandem can defeat the high flying Rockers.

Home Video - Bret Hart/British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart/Jim Neidhart

November 7, 1994 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

Catch an all-out family war! Four of the most popular members of the Hart family face each other in tag team action. Who will leave with their arms raised as the most dominant duo from the dungeon?

Primetime Wrestling - Rocky Johnson vs. Rene Goulet

June 4, 1985 | Approx. run time: 11 mins.

Don’t miss a classic battle between second-generation Superstar and Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson as he takes on Rene Goulet. Can The Rock’s father overcome the feared Iron Claw from Goulet and pick up a big win?

Madison Square Garden - Bob Orton/Roddy Piper vs. Jimmy Snuka/Junkyard Dog

January 21, 1985 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

While Sim Snuka and Randy Orton are seen on Raw Monday nights, their fathers often battled against each other in the 1980s. Which Hall of Fame tag team will reign supreme in this MSG encounter?

TNT - Mad Dog Vachon Wedding

December 18, 1984 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.

Relive one of the first ever weddings in WWE TV history. In typical WWE fashion this is not your standard wedding. Be sure to watch for all the craziness and if you look carefully you might even see a very young Luna Vachon in the background.

I was hoping for the Reception to be included w/ this but I'll give this a whirl.

According to Legacy, Raw and Generations will be posted either tonight or tomorrow. Which sometimes means never if the Wild Card match from SurSer95 is any indication. In any event, I'll be marking out next month for Royal Rumble/Battle Royal month. Bring on the chaos.

And finally, the archive is updated.

And they have put the final touches on the December updates including free links . . .

Raw: Episode 59

April 18, 1994 | Approx. run time: 44 mins.

WWE Champion, Bret “Hitman” Hart is in action this week against newcomer Kwang. Can the rookie pull an upset over the champion? Speaking of champions, WWE Women’s Champion Alundra Blaze is this week’s guest on King’s Court. Watch all of this and more on Raw.

Free Link - http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms...er22-28/9006438

Generations - Debut Episode

December 22, 2008 | Approx. run time: 52 mins.

This is the debut episode of our brand new series on WWE.com Legacy. Each month we sit down with second-and third-generation Superstars as they candidly talk to the WWE Universe about what it was like growing up in a wrestling family. Our first episode has both Cody Rhodes and Manu as guests. Find out some of the stereotypes Manu went through growing up in a Samoan wrestling family and hear first-hand from Cody his favorite moments in wrestling as a kid. Included are hand-picked matches from Cody and Manu involving Dusty Rhodes, Goldust, Afa and Samu.

Free Link - http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms...er22-28/9006470

WWF Tag Titles - Wild Samoans vs Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas - Championship Wrestling 11/15/1983

NWA Tag Titles - Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard vs Dusty Rhodes & Sting - Clash of the Champions 6/8/1988

Steiner Brothers vs Headshrinkers - WrestleMania IX

Hollywood Backlot Brawl - Roddy Piper vs Goldust - WrestleMania XII

Here's an article explaining all the fun:

http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/247online...ives/freelegacy . . . Apparently this service makes a great holiday gift. Since the license to view the videos is non-transferrable, you'll have to sneak onto your buddy's cpu, hopefully not bump into any of his fetish porn, and sign him up. On top of that, pray that you two don't have a falling out later and he's able to retreive your credit card info on wwe.com. Or if you're just tired of paying month after month or year after year, you'll just look like a cheapskate for ending the subscription. But other than that, it makes a fantastic gift!

I enjoyed the Generations show. I think the series has some cool potential but I'm looking more forward to hear from people like Ted Dibiase and Natalya. Their dads were two of my favorites growing up.

Here's an article explaining all the fun:

http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/247online...ives/freelegacy . . . Apparently this service makes a great holiday gift. Since the license to view the videos is non-transferrable, you'll have to sneak onto your buddy's cpu, hopefully not bump into any of his fetish porn, and sign him up. On top of that, pray that you two don't have a falling out later and he's able to retreive your credit card info on wwe.com. Or if you're just tired of paying month after month or year after year, you'll just look like a cheapskate for ending the subscription. But other than that, it makes a fantastic gift!

Actually 3 of us split the cost 6 months ago and can each watch the videos on our computer. But lets say you got a 10 year old who loves wrestling I can see this being a last minute gift?