TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

Works fine for me, I suffered through the whole thing.

Perhaps I wasn't paying attention (but I'm chalking this up to being Russo's WCW), but why were people being eliminated by going through the middle ropes? Savage just left for no reason (I guess because he wasn't an official participant, as if people like Medusa and Molly 'Mona' Holly were) but Hogan goes out through the middle and that's an elimination. Speaking of Mona, I liked how Tony kept misidentifying either Madusa or Aysa as Mona, then when she actually came in, says "I guess she heard me!".

As I was typing that, I remembered that WW3 rules were just exiting the ring, so I guess that means all WCW battle royals are contested under WWE Diva rules? I figured it was just old guys not wanting to take bumps.

I was finally able to see most of the Thunder match after still having much technical difficulty (had to restart and prompt the video over a dozen times). What a fun lil mess it was though. Weird to see Cash (the big Harlem Heat motherfucker) get offense in on Hogan.

If the previous line by Tony is #1, he had a close second.

Russo: Don't worry, Elizabeth is locked up.

Tony: (sarcastically quipping) Thank goodness for that.

Big LOL at Tank Abbott giving Madusa a kidney punch right around when Hacksaw's music played.

And with guys randomly entering the battle royal, does that mean that Bret Hart's last match consisted of him bopping Hogan w/ a chair and leaving the fray?

Matches like that Thunder match are exactly why I refuse to watch TNA until Russo is gone.

Agreed! But I'm so glad they chose this for Legacy. It's fun to look back at WCW clusterfucks like this and for what it's worth, a battle royal like this on live TV back in 1999 or 2000 would have grabbed my attention unfortunately.

I've had nothing but problems playing several of the videos this month. That Thunder battle royal always cuts off before I believe Savage makes his appearance. It says the server is unavailable at the same point in the clip each time.

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The server might not be available or there might be a problem with your network or firewall settings is the message I get. It also cut out a bunch of times during the RR89 interviews. A pretty big buzzkill if this keeps up.

I had the same problem during the RR89 and Thunder videos, but when I tried them at 350k they worked.

That's strange. I'm having no problems on Legacy but the other videos on WWE.com have given me trouble. My friend who works at WWE said they let go a bunch of people from .com and was shocked because they were strong contributors. Perhaps some of those people maintained the video maintenance and now the site is crashing?

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The server might not be available or there might be a problem with your network or firewall settings is the message I get. It also cut out a bunch of times during the RR89 interviews. A pretty big buzzkill if this keeps up.

Same here. Rumble's 89 and 90 also cut off. Yet the MSG Battle Royal from 86 and the past few RAW episodes play without a problem. Pretty annoying.

I tried talking to one of their Tech agents a couple times to no avail. I went ahead and PMed Legacy asking if RR89/90/Thunder were being uploaded differently than the other videos. Ideally, they'll just take those vids down and reupload them but I kind of doubt it.

And Steak may have the Internet's greatest avatar.

EDIT ---- Got a response from Cody & Ted

Thank you for the email. For the best of my knowledge we have not uploaded our videos any differently. Of course I'll check with our tech team and hopefully have an answer by early next week.

We do check every video on our computers at WWE before we upload them and have had no problems. Hopefully this can get resolved.

One thing I can suggest is that if other people are having problems watching videos please direct them to WWE Universe. It's the only way they can directly get in contact with us and we do check the message boards here pretty frequently.

Same here. Rumble's 89 and 90 also cut off. Yet the MSG Battle Royal from 86 and the past few RAW episodes play without a problem. Pretty annoying.

Well, count me in as well. Got the message 15 seconds into the Thunder Battle Royal. I left a message on the Legacy message board on WWE Universe, which is frequently visited by techs.

Gotta love that not only was the Thunder battle royal overbooked crap, but twice the WCW cameras missed big moments at the end.

And did someone walk out and through the gimmicked stage intended for DDP/Jarrett? Tell me that actually happened?

"The show was to end with a stunt where DDP and Jarrett were fighting on a scaffold or ladder. The idea was Arquette would hit Jarrett with a guitar and he'd take a bump through a gimmicked part of the stage. The only problem was that Asya accidentally stepped into the gimmicked part after she was eliminated, so everyone could see it. Then Arquette also stepped into it and actually fell in. So DDP and Jarrett had to improvise. DDP took the bump. "

c/o The Wrestling Observer, DDTDigest.com

Well, count me in as well. Got the message 15 seconds into the Thunder Battle Royal. I left a message on the Legacy message board on WWE Universe, which is frequently visited by techs.

I'm having no problems on my computer with any of the matches. Very strange? I did recently update my WMP (got one of those routine update messages), maybe that's why?

Gotta love that not only was the Thunder battle royal overbooked crap, but twice the WCW cameras missed big moments at the end.

And did someone walk out and through the gimmicked stage intended for DDP/Jarrett? Tell me that actually happened?

"The show was to end with a stunt where DDP and Jarrett were fighting on a scaffold or ladder. The idea was Arquette would hit Jarrett with a guitar and he'd take a bump through a gimmicked part of the stage. The only problem was that Asya accidentally stepped into the gimmicked part after she was eliminated, so everyone could see it. Then Arquette also stepped into it and actually fell in. So DDP and Jarrett had to improvise. DDP took the bump. "

c/o The Wrestling Observer, DDTDigest.com

Thank you, I'd been looking myself but couldn't find anything. That's vintage Russo-era WCW for you. Even beyond the bad booking, you have bad stage direction!

I had problems loading the video, but after a minute or so it worked fine btw.

I'm having no problems on my computer with any of the matches. Very strange? I did recently update my WMP (got one of those routine update messages), maybe that's why?

I got an email response a couple days ago from the tech department, it went over some basic Media Player and Internet Explorer settings, but none of it fixed the problem. I tend to believe it's on their end since it's not consistent with every single video. Again the RAW episodes play just fine. I'm hoping they just re-upload the videos. It's funny because the Thunder clip play's the majority of the match if I start it like a minute in, but cut's off before they reveal who's walking in on the Thundertron. Bastards.

The Smokey Mountain Rumble has a decent roster of guys. The Rock 'n' Roll Express, the Gangstas, D'Lo Brown, Eddie Gilbert, Chris Candido, Boo Bradley (Balls Mahoney) and Unabomb (a young Kane). Unabomb is green as hell throwing powerbombs, he sure improved a great deal within a year.

The Smokey Mountain Rumble has a decent roster of guys. The Rock 'n' Roll Express, the Gangstas, D'Lo Brown, Eddie Gilbert, Chris Candido, Boo Bradley (Balls Mahoney) and Unabomb (a young Kane). Unabomb is green as hell throwing powerbombs, he sure improved a great deal within a year.

Am I the only one surprised they showed that battle royal because of Kane in it?

I wasn't too shocked. The camera seemed wide enough that he wouldn't be too recognizable. Nice to hear JR/Thatcher on commentary though the match itself was blah at best. I found it more of a novelty to see non-ECW Gangstas in the match.

Here's the latest update:

Raw: Episode 62

May 9, 1994 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

The King of the Ring is underway with qualifying matches taking place on Raw. This week Razor Ramon faces Kwang. Also, Yokozuna is the guest on the King's Court and we'll find out if he accepts the challenge from Earthquake made the week before. Stay tuned because Jan. 26 Raw airs on WWE.com Legacy.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 30

March 29, 1987 | Approx. run time: 31 mins.

This is the final show before WrestleMania III. The big match of the evening features a battle between two former Intercontinental Champions. Tito Santana and Greg Valentine rekindle their rivalry. King Harley Race, The Rougeau's Adrian Adonis and Ricky Steamboat all make their final bids in the ring before WrestleMania. Don't forget to check out our WrestleMania section on WWE.com Legacy to see many of the great matches from the event. Don't forget Jan. 26 another episode of Wrestling Challenge airs on WWE.com Legacy.

J.R.’s Pick of the Month: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

January 19, 2009 | Approx. run time: 35 mins.

This month, J.R. looks back at one of the biggest title matches in Royal Rumble history. In 1998 Shawn Michaels defended the WWE Championship against Undertaker in a Casket Match. This match also threatened HBK's career permanently. Find out exclusively from Jim Ross what it was like calling this match and if he could tell Shawn was injured.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive Interview with Jim Ross.

My Favorite Royal Rumble Match: Cody Rhodes

January 19, 2009 | Approx. run time: 45 mins.

Cody Rhodes sits down with WWE.com Legacy to discuss his favorite Royal Rumble match of all time. Cody grew up a Shawn Michaels fan and recounts the day HBK won the 1995 Royal Rumble. Hear exclusively from Cody what it was like watching the event and then relive the entire 1995 Rumble.

Bonus Feature: Exclusive Interview with Cody Rhodes

The Fink's Greatest Royal Rumble Matches Special - Part 3

January 19, 2009 | Approx. run time: 117 mins.

The Fink continues to look back at classic Royal Rumble moments all month long. This month, find out what happens if the final two men in the ring simultaneously eliminate each other. Plus we'll have many other Royal Rumble moments and you never know who The Fink's going to interview. Stay tuned for Jan. 26 when part 4 comes your way!

MATCHES:

Undertaker vs. IRS (Royal Rumble 95)

Goldust vs. Razor Ramon (Royal Rumble 96)

Battallion, Tarantula & El Torito vs. Max Mini, Nova & Mosaic (Royal Rumble 92)

Natalya Neidhart discusses Royal Rumble 94

Royal Rumble Match from 1994

Royal Rumble 1996 - Royal Rumble Match

January 21, 1996 | Approx. run time: 64 mins.

WrestleMania XII is on the horizon and who's going to challenge Bret "Hit man" Hart for the title? We'll find out in this Royal Rumble classic! From Triple H to Shawn Michaels to Jake "The Snake" Roberts, you won't believe who wins the 1996 Royal Rumble.

AWA - Iron Man Survivor Battle Royal

July 22, 1990 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

Instead of every man for himself, this match features three groups fighting to be the last one standing. A new man enters the ring every minute and let's just say this is one of the most unique battle royals ever.

Primetime Wrestling - Battle Royal

July 6, 1992 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

Check out the first ever 40-Man battle royal on national television. With 40 men in one ring, it's not only hard to pin a favorite, but it's going to be nearly impossible to keep track of who's been eliminated. Good luck!

Madison Square Garden - Battle Royal

July 23, 1984 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.

This 20-man battle royal highlights a Madison Square Garden classic that featured five exciting title matches. With the likes of The Wild Samoans, Bob Orton Jr., Iron Sheik, Adrian Adonis, Tito Santana, Paul Orndorff and Sgt. Slaughter in the ring you never know who's going home with a big pay day!

Velocity - Cruiserweight Battle Royal

October 7, 2005 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

For many years Velocity was revered as the home for some of the greatest cruiserweight matches of all time in WWE. This battle royal pits all the cruiserweights against each other for an opportunity to face the champion, Nunzio. Find out which high-flyer will pull out all the stops and earn this title opportunity.

Shame on Cody for not picking Dusty/Dustin Rhodes vs DiBiase/Virgil as his favorite match. And by the by, Natalya's interview w/ The Fink may be the most insightless interview ever. I mean fuck, it was 17 seconds.

But enough good stuff here assuming these links aren't all mucked up like the past couple weeks.

And the archive is updated.

Poor Owen Hart (in regards to the 40 man on Prime Time).

He's on his way to the ring and in the order of the names, he gets announced as Dwayne Gill.

The Velocity match is very good, specifically at the point it's down to 3 guys, then even better when it's just two.

Poor Owen Hart (in regards to the 40 man on Prime Time).

He's on his way to the ring and in the order of the names, he gets announced as Dwayne Gill.

The Velocity match is very good, specifically at the point it's down to 3 guys, then even better when it's just two.

Agreed you beat me to the post. I think the Velocity Battle Royal had best ending out of all the ones shown on Legacy. It makes me wish they still had the cruiserweight division.

I just watched Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship. Razor seemed to have the exact same match with everyone. Shawn Michaels definitely brought out the best in him.

Speaking of the show, for the love of god they have to get rid of Jack Korpela. He is horrible and looks like he's bored out of his mind standing there. They need to replace him with Matt Striker (this show was meant to be hosted by him!) or Josh Mathews or even The Fink!

I think I dislike him hosting more than anyone in the history of wrestling. I know that's harsh but don't tell you're not feeling the same way?

Legacy has uploaded some of their 1/26 update:

Raw: Episode 63

May 16, 1994 | Approx. run time: 40 mins.

The first ever Sumo Match on Raw takes place between Earthquake and Yokozuna. Not since the days of Andre the Giant and Big John Studd have two gigantic forces collided in the ring. Who will be victorious?

The Fink's Hall of Fame Selection: Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon

May 16, 1994 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

The Fink looks back at the 1993 Royal Rumble WWE Championship Match between Razor Ramon and Bret Hart. This is an incredible back and forth battle between two of the most popular Superstars in 1993. Find out who leaves the Rumble as WWE Champion.

Royal Rumble 2000 - Royal Rumble Match

January 23, 2000 | Approx. run time: 57 mins.

WrestleMania 2000 is around the corner and the winner of the Royal Rumble is going to challenge Triple H for the WWE Championship. Favorites such as The Rock and Big Show battle it out with 28 other Superstars for the golden ticket to WrestleMania.

Home Video - 16 Man Battle Royal

May 1, 1989 | Approx. run time: 11 mins.

Originally only seen on a rare Home Video called “Best of the WWE Vol. 19,” this battle royal is re-released on WWE.com Legacy. Don’t miss which Hall of Famer leaves the arena the winner.

Superstars - 20-Man Battle Royal

February 23, 1995 | Approx. run time: 17 mins.

This battle royal was only one month after the 1995 Royal Rumble (catch Cody Rhodes “My Favorite Match” to relive it). Every rivalry from 1995 is addressed in this huge match.

WCW Saturday Night - Cruiserweight Battle Royal

November 8, 1997 | Approx. run time: 7 mins.

The Cruiserweight Division was getting very popular in 1997 in WCW. This battle royal features a plethora of some of the most exciting cruiserweights ever. Find out which masked Superstar wins this lucha libre battle royal.

I am very much looking forward to hearing Dusty's commentary during the Saturday Night battle royal, even if it is 7 minutes. Even though it isn't posted on Legacy's page, I have the link for the 4/5 ep of Challenge up in the archive as well as all of these links.