TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Jeff Hardy suspended

From TMZ

Hardy House Fire Ruled "Undetermined"

TMZ just spoke to Captain Bruner of the Cameron Fire Department -- and he told us the Moore County Fire Department has ruled the cause of the fire that claimed wrestler Jeff Hardy's home as "undetermined."

Bruner said around 11:30 PM the blaze was "paged out as a wildfire" -- because the citizens that made the call only saw the fire through some woods. Three minutes later another call was made -- this time specifically naming the Hardy residence as the location of the fire.

When firemen arrived at the scene, Hardy's home was "fully engulfed." Because the home was "burnt so bad," the Moore County Fire officials investigating the blaze ruled it "undetermined."

Foul play on the part of Jeff Hardy is not being investigated -- because Jeff Hardy told Captain Bruner that he didn't have insurance on his home.

Why didn't the moron have insurance?

This is mere speculation, but if he has enough money, and was still into the meth (it is established he used it at some point, right?) Then having insurance on the house in case of a lab explosion would be pointless...if there was a lab, regardless of the source of the fire, insurance policy would be voided anyway. Also, there is less chance of an investigation into the cause of a fire if there is no insurance company involved...hence the "undetermined" ruling. They just dont have any reason to check.

I cannot believe you are acually taking the meth lab joke seriously.

If Jeff Hardy was doing meth, he'd have sores all over his body now amongst other things.

I've met plenty of people who have used meth that look perfectly normal. The look that meth users are saddled with is usually more due to lifestyle and social standing. Meth is usually a drug people can get and make cheaply, thus more poor people with less access to hygeine look methed out...it's not an absurd thought at all.

Yeah, the guy has admitted to using Meth, just because he doesn't have his teeth falling out and boils every where doesn't mean he doesn't do the shit. I don't think his house burned down because of a meth lab, because he wasn't even there to be cooking it up. I think it was something electrical, which would've been paid for through insurance, if the idiot had any.

Probably. The Hardyz made a fortune in their prime, and even after they split he was always a big merchandie seller. I think last year, he must have made close to a million despite the suspension due to being the number 2 face on raw. Granted a lot of that's probably went on drugs, but considering he doesn't seem to have a high maintaince lifestyle I have to think he's got a fortune stashed away.

I think people just assume it's only guys like Austin or Taker that are millionaires. But, honestly, someone like Umaga probably is too at this point. You only had to see trish stratus's house (and her 8 bathroms) to know she made a fortune as well and she wasn't even in the main event scene.

He certainly has had the opportunity to be one. Depends on how much he has saved over the years. Wrestlers that were in the fortunate situation to be around during the boom era, as well as the Monday Night Wars, got some very nice contracts. Hardy has also sold a ton of merchandise.

I just remember when that list of wrestler's salaries was floating around a while back that Matt Hardy was making about $300K a year. Now Jeff's a little higher on the card now then Matt was then, but he also the lacks the seniority that some of those other top guys have that make a million. I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Also, if Jeff truly lived in a trailer, then it's not that surprising that he wouldn't have insurance. Yes, it's always a good idea to have protection, but on a place where there is minimal or negative equity build over time, it wouldn't be that unusual to not have it insured.

Don't get me wrong I feel bad for the guy but all this 'poor jeff' stuff is ridiculous. Even if the worst happens and he loses his job, he'll still have enough money to keep him living in luxury for the rest of his life. Which is more than a lot of people have.

Even if the salary for Matt was correct, that was his downside guarantee. Add royalties, portions of live gates and PPV's, and merchandise to that and I'd say the figure was actually significantly higher. And, if I'm not mistaken, the number was higher than $300,000 anyway. I remember Lita's being reported as something absurd like $750,000.

If there was one thing in Mr Kennedy's whole summer 2007 rants I agreed with, it is that wrestlers that are now broke should stop blaming Vince for that. I mean, Lex Luger is broke now and has to hold fundraisers for his medical bills. How is that even possible with the huge cheques he got from Vince and wcw? I mean, I don't think wwe is the best place in the world to work in, but a lot of the guys get paid well for what they do.

You might be a redneck if you can afford insurance on your house and choose not to get it.

Anyways, just to add to the above talk about Jeff's finances, I'm sure TNA paid him a bunch also when he was there, in addition to the merchandise he moved. Even if Jeff had serious financial problems because of his house burning down, I'm sure Vince (even though Jeff keeps letting the company down) would help out. Despite his on screen character and back stage "politics", Vince usually comes through for guys who have been employed by him in serious situations like this.

If you were a product of the Boom in the late 90s like Edge, Hardyz, and a few others who are still w/ the company,

I think they still make the highest salaries besides guys like Cena or Orton who came Afterwards.

WWE might have burned Jeff's house down

The paragraph in question, because the article itself is terrible on every level:

Could Jeff Hardy’s house burning down be retaliation by WWE? Did Jeff have is actual results inside his home? It sure seems very convenient. WWE sends Jeff home for sixty days and then his house goes up in flames. It claimed his dog as well. Could WWE have done this to make Jeff enter a rehab facility? Jeff could have refused and WWE went to drastic means to get him help. Without a home would Jeff be more open to treatment?

As for money, it's not what you make, it's what you save, and Jeff seems to have done that part. Financially, he would appear to be secure for the time being, but money isn't what Jeff needs most right now. It'll help for sure, but he needs emotional support the most. Not only is he losing out on a probably low six-figure chunk of change, but he's lost his house and everything in it, including his dog, and that's going to take a strong willed person to get through without cracking.

I mean, Lex Luger is broke now and has to hold fundraisers for his medical bills. How is that even possible with the huge cheques he got from Vince and wcw?

HE DON'T KNOWWWW!

Maybe because wrestlers sometimes don't have medical insurance as its extremely expensive for them so any pills, doctor visits and such that aren't covered by the company they are working for turns into massive change out of their pocket. Toss in a drug habit and you are talking about guys who can get broke very fast.

Then comes the fact that some live within the means that they can barely afford because they think the big paycheck will be coming in forever to keep them afloat. Check go away, stuff go bye bye fast.

That's pretty much it. Some guys have big fancy houses, some don't. Benoit did because he had a family. Booker has a nice place but it was originally for his late Mom. Austin has a kind of ranch house thing because he's fucking rich.

If you're on the road so much and you don't have a family living at home, well, why spend too much on a place you'll see maybe two months of the year?

I truly feel sad for what's happened to Lex Luger, but it's all consequences of the life he lived. I remember the guy still being in exceptional physical shape not too long ago.

Jeff Hardy has had a horrible past couple weeks. He failed a drug test, and lost his Wrestlemania payday, Intercontinental Title, and supposed World Title run in the Spring. Now, he just lost his house, everything he owns, and his dog. It's a damn shame really. I still hope he's able to bounce back from all this. Maybe his house going up in smoke will be the wake-up call he needs, either that or he'll finally completely snap.

I think people just assume it's only guys like Austin or Taker that are millionaires. But, honestly, someone like Umaga probably is too at this point. You only had to see trish stratus's house (and her 8 bathroms) to know she made a fortune as well and she wasn't even in the main event scene.

The rags said that Trish's last contract was for 600k, the highest ever for a diva, and if I remember right, she was the only diva to get a cut of her merchandising sales. I actually thought she was undervalued as (when she was there), the Women's Title was really the #2 title on RAW. (Though, Trish married a millionaire too--that can't hurt)

Chyna was actually the highest earning diva of all time I remember correctly- in 2000. She had the book, the playboy shoot, the fitness video and various guest spots on tv as well as a healthy mid card push. Which made her around $1 million or so.

I do agree it depnds on what lifestye the person chooses to lead (I imagine most of Chyna's money went on coke) but you see Molly Holly's house and it's pretty damn humble. But I think she's invested in a lot of real estate and whatnot so she's probably finacially secure. Mick Foley's notorious for being a tight git on the road as well.