TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

al's forgetting War Games 2000 for the WCW World title. It was Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, and Vince Russo Vs Booker T, Sting, Goldberg, and Kronic.

When was this? I'm looking all over the internet and can't find it at all.

Did anyone else notice that the Sunflower site is gone :(

It's back. They sorta updated it, so now we know that KotR will be put up in the next update, Living Dangerously in the first update of July, and the Boston show also in the first update of July.

Love those Shorties. On one hand I'm hoping 98 doesn't make the cut because it's awful, but on another hand I hope it does because it's SO awful I need to see Warrior injuring himself within 30 seconds again.

A looked over point of interest from that preview is the Arn Anderson retirement speech is intact - that's a non-compete week that they kept to highlight an important WCW event (the last non-compete weeks they showed focused on important WWE events in April/May 97).

Does anyone ever have a program show up under one name, then change to another? It's just one of those funny things I've noticed.

For example, Sunflower lists Bockwinkel vs. Hansen as "Bock vs. Hansen", and that's how the show appeared in my menu last night at midnight. This morning it became "Nick Bockwinkel vs. Hansen". "Shawn Michaels" also turned into "The Shawn Michaels Story". Just a weird note.

I don't really have much to say about Stampede wrestling to start a new thread about it, but I see why Ed Whalen gets the praise he does (his voice is very friendly and welcoming) and I love the graphics that introduce and end the show.

Schivonne's WWF work wasn't exactly a highlight of his career. At Summerslam, all he did was scream like a lunatic and sounded like he was going to have an orgasim every two seconds.

Just watched Bockwinkele and Ray Stevens vs Billy Robinson and Red Bastien from December 1972. I highly recommend watching this match because the ringwork was fantastic. Billy Robinson was a master technician who does things you don't even see now. His part, Bastien, is a really good high flyer. Bockwinkele is Bockwinkele and him and Stevens made a great heel tag team. This is the second AWA tag team match from this era I enjoyed, the first being the Outlaws vs Robinson and Don Muraco from the Dusty DVD.

Caught Vader's title victory over Sting and it was good. Pretty overpowering performance by Vader against a top heel. But it also shows my problem with the way they booked Vader. They booked him as an unstoppable monster but just about every victory he had over a top face was the direct result of Harley Race's interference. That's how he won his big Halloween Havoc match against Cactus Jack. For God's sake, he even needed Race to help him beat Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Despite dominating the match against Sting, he finally puts Sting away after Sting basically knocks himself on the ringpost.

The elbow drop was a powerful move back in 1979, it seems.

Flying Fred Curry seems like he should have been a bigger name with his 1979 acrobatics.

He was, not a national star but a solid mid-carder for many years. His father was Bull Curry, one of the most notorious heels in wrestling history.

Good stuff.

I also had to laugh at SD Jones being called "the toughest competition to date" for Bulldog Brower. It just sounded so funny to hear SD Jones called tough competition.

I was watching a little of the MSG show where Hogan became champion. I've seen that footage a hundred times but 24/7 also shows you the before and after stuff. Namely, Shiek cutting another wonderfully incoherent interview. Next is Shiek and Hogan going to ringside. Real American is inserted into the ring introduction, which is stupid since Hogan wasn't using that theme yet and I don't think was using any theme at the moment. The dumbest though was when the Hogan DVD inserted Real American into his match with Bockwinkele from 1983.

Anyway, also got to see the post-match stuff. After being beat, doctors come to the ring and attempt to put Shiek on a stretcher. Shiek gets up and goes after Hogan. Hogan proceeds to beat him up and throw him to the outside and into a bunch of chairs. Shielk throws a few of them in the ring.

The post-match celebration and Hogan with his parents is on the original Hogan DVD. Funny bit is when Hogan is cutting his promo, some spit flies out of his mouth and onto his shirt. Okerlund wipes it off and throws an annoyed look at the camera.

I was watching a little of the MSG show where Hogan became champion. I've seen that footage a hundred times but 24/7 also shows you the before and after stuff. Namely, Shiek cutting another wonderfully incoherent interview. Next is Shiek and Hogan going to ringside. Real American is inserted into the ring introduction, which is stupid since Hogan wasn't using that theme yet and I don't think was using any theme at the moment. The dumbest though was when the Hogan DVD inserted Real American into his match with Bockwinkele from 1983.

Anyway, also got to see the post-match stuff. After being beat, doctors come to the ring and attempt to put Shiek on a stretcher. Shiek gets up and goes after Hogan. Hogan proceeds to beat him up and throw him to the outside and into a bunch of chairs. Shielk throws a few of them in the ring.

The post-match celebration and Hogan with his parents is on the original Hogan DVD. Funny bit is when Hogan is cutting his promo, some spit flies out of his mouth and onto his shirt. Okerlund wipes it off and throws an annoyed look at the camera.

I would have to assume that if on 24/7 they inserted Real American anachronistically into a Hogan entrance, then he was coming out to SOMETHING they don't own and not silence. I don't know when he started coming out to Eye of the Tiger but let's just assume it's that.

I don't really have much to say about Stampede wrestling to start a new thread about it, but I see why Ed Whalen gets the praise he does (his voice is very friendly and welcoming) and I love the graphics that introduce and end the show.

Stampede was interesting. To be honest, for me it came across as a little 2nd rate - almost public access - given the very same graphics you like. Granted, it was a different time, but it really didn't grab me at 1st.

Also, Ed Whalen seemed kind of lost at times, esp how he would just wander around the ring while the show cut to a commercial. Again, it was a different time, but it was a lot looser than I expected.

It's a good thing Stu could stretch people a zillion ways, b/c he was a worse interview than early Shelton Benjamin.

Was that Skandar Akbar (can't recall the name)? Wiki says he retired in 77 (this ep was 79), and doesn't list Stampede as a place he worked. But damn, that guy looked and sounded just like him.

I would have to assume that if on 24/7 they inserted Real American anachronistically into a Hogan entrance, then he was coming out to SOMETHING they don't own and not silence. I don't know when he started coming out to Eye of the Tiger but let's just assume it's that.

I thought the crowd noise was good enough. The Garden audience was absolutely rocking during that entire match.

I thought the crowd noise was good enough. The Garden audience was absolutely rocking during that entire match.

By slience, I meant "no entrance music", not crowd reaction.

My bad.

Very cool getting to watch the old-school WWWF show. It was great seeing the Valients win the titles from Zybisko and Garea but could they have worked that match any ligther? They were barely touching each other with those punches and kicks. Not to mention throwing the weakest forearms imaginable. Took a lot away from the match.

Sunflower updated for the rest of July. Nice they are showing the Nitros when Raw wasn't airing due to the US Open. And as expected no 97 War Games.

ECW LD '99 Pt. 1, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

ECW LD '99 Pt. 2, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

History of ECW 4/29/96, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

HOF: Killer Kowalski, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-29-08 TV-14

Killer 6 Man Tag Match, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-PG

Killer Handicap Match, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

Killer Tag Team Match, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

Mick Foley Hits Part 1, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

Mick Foley Hits Part 2, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

Mick Foley Hits Part 3, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

Mick Foley Hits Preview, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

MNW: WCW Nitro 8/18/97, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

MNW: WWE Raw 8/18/97, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

NWA War Games 1987, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

NWA War Games 1989, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

WCW Nitro 9/1/97 Preview, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

WCW War Games 1992, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

WCW War Games 1993, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

WCW War Games 1995, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

World Class 4/23/83, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-PG

WWE 24/7 July, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

WWE Boston 3/18/89, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-15-08 TV-14

WWE Boston Garden Preview, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

WWE TNT 5/14/86, STANDARD WWE 7-2-08 7-8-08 TV-PG

NWA Wrestling 5/24/86, STANDARD WWE 7-9-08 7-22-08 TV-14

WWE Prime Time 10/15/87, STANDARD WWE 7-9-08 7-15-08 TV-PG

Executioners Tag Match, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

History of ECW 5/6/96, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

Killer vs George Bolas, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

Killer vs Louis Torres, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

Mick Foley Hits Part 4, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

Mick Foley Hits Part 5, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

MNW: WCW Nitro 8/25/97, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

MNW: WCW Nitro 9/1/97, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WCW War Games 1991, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WCW War Games 1994, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WCW War Games 1996, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WCW War Games 1998, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WCW War Games 2000, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WWE IYH: 4/28/96 Pt. 1, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WWE IYH: 4/28/96 Pt. 2, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WWE MSG 12/17/79, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-29-08 TV-14

WWE TNT 5/21/86, STANDARD WWE 7-16-08 7-22-08 TV-PG

NWA Wrestling 5/31/86, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-4-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash '08 Match 1, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash '08 Match 2, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash '08 Match 3, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash '08 Match 4, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash '08 Match 5, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash '08 Match 6, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash '08 Match 7, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Backlash 4/27/08, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 8-12-08 TV-14

WWE Prime Time 10/22/87, STANDARD WWE 7-23-08 7-29-08 TV-PG

War Games 92 is something I've wanted to see for 16 years so I'm happy. I don't even know if it's good but that's when I was watching WCW and reading about Larry Z failing the Dangerous Alliance in the Apter mags. I think I even read a WCW comic book about it but I'm not sure. I know I read one about the Halloween Phantom. 98 was something so awful I must see it again and I've never seen 2000, but I'll just assume it was a debacle.

Just noticed Good Friends Better Enemies is showing next month. I've never seen it outside of the excellent Michaels/Nash brawl and I assume I'm not missing much, but it's nice to see a PPV I've never seen before.

Wargames '92, if I remember correctly, is very very good.

Personally, I can't wait to see Wargames '91, even though I cringe every time I watch Sid nearly kill Brian Pillman.

Also... I'm glad we're not getting Wargames '97... the ending of that match made me absolutely furious.

The 1992 Wargames is one of the best things WCW ever produced. It's about as vicious and brutal as mainstream wrestling could get circa 1992. The 1991 match isn't as good really, but maybe it's because I was distracted by Rick Steiner and Sid blatantly calling spots throughout. Seriously watch the match with that in mind, they practically have a conversation!

I think Warrior/Goldust from IYH was unbelieveably awful, though I don't remember right off. Do they really need to split a two hour show into two parts?

WarGames '92 is simply one of the greatest gimmick matches of all time. ***** easy.

Killer Kowalski vs. George Bollas, aka the Zebra Kid. That should be interesting.

The 1992 Wargames is one of the best things WCW ever produced. It's about as vicious and brutal as mainstream wrestling could get circa 1992. The 1991 match isn't as good really, but maybe it's because I was distracted by Rick Steiner and Sid blatantly calling spots throughout. Seriously watch the match with that in mind, they practically have a conversation!

Yeah, Sid is pretty audible in calling spots at certain points in the match.