TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

hmmm...I'm starting to enjoy WWE.com Legacy more than Classics on Demand, but at least its a theme that hasn't been done already. Plus, RR 1998 SOMEWHAT coincides with The Monday Night Wars, we'll be at the end of Nov 1997 when it airs.

The HOF Lawler piece and accompanying matches could provide some good fun. I was happy that a show I've ever actually seen in full (KOTR 97) is being shown, but then I realized I have Austin vs. Shawn on DVD, making the whole excercise a bit pointless. Still, 3 PPVs instead of 2 (not counting the PYBO), that's cool of them. Wonder what house shows are going to fit the theme. I doubt they have the 1991 KOTR houseshow on tape... but if they did, that would be a nice surprise. Shorties could be fun too.

The HOF Lawler piece and accompanying matches could provide some good fun. I was happy that a show I've ever actually seen in full (KOTR 97) is being shown, but then I realized I have Austin vs. Shawn on DVD, making the whole excercise a bit pointless. Still, 3 PPVs instead of 2 (not counting the PYBO), that's cool of them. Wonder what house shows are going to fit the theme. I doubt they have the 1991 KOTR houseshow on tape... but if they did, that would be a nice surprise. Shorties could be fun too.

Yeah... I'm definitely looking forward to the Lawler stuff, especially if we get some Andy Kaufman footage out of it.

Sunflower page FINALLY updated for January:

"King" Lawler and Jimmy Valiant Tag, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-6-09 TV-PG

Bret Hart vs Jerry "King" Lawler, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-6-09 TV-PG

Definitive Ric Flair Pt. 1, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-20-09 TV-14

Definitive Ric Flair Pt. 2, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-20-09 TV-14

History of ECW 7/30/96, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-14

Jerry "King" Lawler vs John Tolos, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-6-09 TV-PG

MNW: WCW Nitro 11/17/97, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

MNW: WWE Raw 11/17/97, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-14

Ring Royalty: Kingston vs Jericho, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Lord Alfred Hayes vs Heenan, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Lord Littlebrook Tag, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Lord Regal vs Badd, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Macho King vs Dusty, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: SNME 1/27/90, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-20-09 TV-PG

WCCW 5/28/83, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-20-09 TV-PG

WWE 24/7 Classics January, WWE_FREE_1 WWE 12-31-08 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE HOF: Jerry "The King" Lawler, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 2-3-09 TV-14

WWE Royal Rumble '95 Preview, WWE_FREE_1 WWE 12-31-08 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Royal Rumble '95 Pt. 1, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

WWE Royal Rumble '95 Pt. 2, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-13-09 TV-PG

WWE TNT 8/6/86, WWE_20 WWE 12-31-08 1-6-09 TV-14

"King" Lawler and Tommy Rich Tag, WWE_20 WWE 1-7-09 1-20-09 TV-PG

"King" Lawler vs Kendo Nagasaki, WWE_20 WWE 1-7-09 1-20-09 TV-PG

Jerry "King" Lawler vs Curt Hennig, WWE_20 WWE 1-7-09 1-20-09 TV-PG

NWA Wrestling 8/30/86, WWE_20 WWE 1-7-09 1-20-09 TV-PG

WWE Old School: Boston 9/12/87, WWE_20 WWE 1-7-09 1-20-09 TV-14

WWE Prime Time 12/31/87, WWE_20 WWE 1-7-09 1-13-09 TV-14

History of ECW 8/6/96, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-14

MNW: WCW Nitro 11/24/97, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

MNW: WWE Raw 11/24/97, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Duke vs King Bundy, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Jericho vs Regal, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: King Race vs Hogan, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-14

Ring Royalty: Kings vs Clowns, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Victoria vs Martin, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-PG

WWE Royal Rumble '98 Pt. 1, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-PG

WWE Royal Rumble '98 Pt. 2, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-27-09 TV-PG

WWE TNT 8/20/86, WWE_20 WWE 1-14-09 1-20-09 TV-PG

"King" Lawler and Bill Dundee Tag, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Legends: Monday Night War, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-10-09 TV-14

NWA Wrestling 9/6/86, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Owen Hart vs Jerry "King" Lawler, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: WWE Raw 10/10/94, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Tommy Dreamer vs "King" Lawler, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-14

WCCW 6/4/83, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE MSG 10/28/89, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Prime Time 1/4/88, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 1-27-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven '08 Match 1, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven '08 Match 2, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven '08 Match 3, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven '08 Match 4, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven '08 Match 5, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven '08 Match 6, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven '08 Match 7, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE Unforgiven 9/7/08, WWE_20 WWE 1-21-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

History of ECW 8/13/96, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-10-09 TV-14

Ring Royalty: Francine vs Beulah, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-3-09 TV-14

Ring Royalty: Iaukea vs Regal, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: King Parsons vs OMG, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Owen Hart vs Razor, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

Ring Royalty: Race vs Haku, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

WWE King of the Ring 1997 Pt. 1, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-10-09 TV-PG

WWE King of the Ring 1997 Pt. 2, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-10-09 TV-PG

WWE TNT 9/10/86, WWE_20 WWE 1-28-09 2-3-09 TV-PG

"Ring Royalty: Francine vs Beulah" - someone is going to have to explain that one to me.

The September 87 Boston show sounds like it has a really dull card. The main event is Hogan vs. Killer Khan! It sounds like it fits the royalty theme with TSM's favourite Duke, Pete Doherty, retiring from the ring mid-show and becoming a commentator.

I like that we're getting a 1994 Raw, though it looks pretty uninteresting. Still, I enjoy nostalgia.

The 1989 MSG show has Bret Hart trying his best with Dino Bravo for and a 17 minute Jim Duggan vs. Savage match. It also has one of the Warrior/Andre squashes.

Guest Smues

While waiting at Seatac for my flight I got an e-mail that WWE 24/7 is FINALLY available on GCI. So once I get home I'll be subscribing. (Or having the landlord subscribe since it's his cable.)

Awesomeness.

Good to see the Monday Night Wars roundtable coming up in January. It was pretty damned interesting watching Eric Bischoff navigate his way through that episode.

Lawler vs. Owen? I only know of their match on Challenge back when Owen wore that blue getup, so that must be it.

"Ring Royalty: Francine vs Beulah" - someone is going to have to explain that one to me.

The 1989 MSG show has Bret Hart trying his best with Dino Bravo for and a 17 minute Jim Duggan vs. Savage match. It also has one of the Warrior/Andre squashes.

The Queen of Extreme

And those Duggan/Savage MSG matches were quite awesome, thanks in part to hot crowds. And the Warrior/Andre match is amusing just for seeing the Giant mock the Warrior by shaking the ropes before getting bopped w/ a bunch of clotheslines and pinned.

Those Andre/Warrior matches were great fun because Andre HATED to work with Warrior and went out of his way to be as unprofessional as he could and make him look bad.

Edited by KingPK

Guest Smues

Landlord called to say they ordered 24/7, so when I get home I should have it. Super awesome. Question for those of you that have had it for awhile: What's their Benoit policy? Does everything Benoit get cut? Do they just try to cut his interviews and stuff? Or does it vary by 24/7 provider?

The current policy is to edit matches and promos, but if he is part of a run-in or something they keep it. Sometimes I think they edit his name out of commentary when there is a long silence on Nitro, but that could be advertising a match he's in that is cut from the broadcast.

With the 4 Horsemen being disbanded recently, I can't picture Benoit being part of any major run-in beatdowns.

It's worth noting, though, that Judgment Day 2006 is in the "Pick Your Big One" line-up for January and WWE.com lists his match with Finlay as part of the card.

A February that ISN'T Valentine's Day themed!

FEBRUARY 2009: BLACK HISTORY MONTH

Celebrate Black History Month with matches showcasing top African American superstars:

Bobo Brazil

The Rock

Junkyard Dog

Tony Atlas

Rocky Johnson

Ernie Ladd

James Dudley

Koko B. Ware

Kamala

Abdullah the Butcher

Ahmed Johnson

Bad News Brown

Ron Simmons

Butch Reed

Haiti Kid

Booker T

Stevie Ray

Mark Henry

Nothing else announced yet.

Looks like TNT is being replaced by Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling beginning in November 1981, and King of the Ring 96 won the PYBO

FEBRUARY 2009: BLACK HISTORY MONTH

In February, join WWE 24/7 Classics in celebrating Black History Month with a look at groundbreaking African American Superstars and the matches and moments that helped define wrestling history.

Legends

Hall of Fame: Bobo Brazil – Known as the “Jackie Robinson of Wrestling”, Bobo Brazil was wrestling’s first African American superstar. Relive Brazil’s groundbreaking career through matches, interviews and moments spanning five decades. The retrospective, hosted by Gene Okerlund, includes battles versus Fritz Von Erich and Bruiser Brody. Plus, see fellow Hall of Famer “Big Cat” Ernie Ladd present Brazil for enshrinement into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1994.

Legends of Wrestling: Black History Month – The Legends return for a no-holds-barred, round table discussion of the influence of African American superstars in wrestling. WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross leads the panel as they discuss segregation and stereotypes, influential African American Superstars like Bobo Brazil and the Junkyard Dog and historic moments starring The Rock, Ron Simmons and more.

The Big Ones

WWE Vengeance ’02 – The Rock looks to capture the WWE Undisputed Championship. But to do so, the “People’s Champ” will have to defeat both Kurt Angle and The Undertaker in a Triple Threat Match. Other top matches include Brock Lesnar challenging Rob Van Dam for the WWE Intercontinental Title, Jeff Hardy vs William Regal for the European Title, John Cena vs Chris Jericho and Hulk Hogan and Edge defending the WWE Tag Team Championship vs the Un-Americans.

TV Classics

The Monday Night War – The temperatures may be dropping outside, but as the Monday Night War hits December 1997, the battle between WWE Raw and WCW Nitro is really heating up. On Raw, tensions escalate between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. Vince McMahon finds himself trapped in the middle of the budding rivalry. Plus, D-Generation X redefines “attitude” in the WWE. On Nitro, Hollywood Hogan and the nWo continue to play games with Sting on the road to their historic WCW Championship clash at Starrcade.

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling 11/18/81 – One of wrestling’s most storied territories makes its debut on WWE 24/7 Classics. Follow great NWA action, beginning in November 1981, as Jake “The Snake” Roberts teams with Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat to battle the Super Destroyer and the Grappler. Other top stars featured include future WWE Hall of Famers Sgt. Slaughter and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper.

Tuesday Night Titans (The Final Episode) – A staple of WWE 24/7 Classics programming since the beginning, Tuesday Night Titans reaches its final episode. Gene Okerlund and Lord Alfred Hayes host the eclectic talk show’s finale, with studio guests including George “The Animal” Steele, The Iron Sheik and “Classy” Freddie Blassie.

Shorties

WWE 24/7 Classics continues to celebrate Black History Month with an array of matches highlighting wrestling’s top African American Superstars. Memorable contests include The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero, Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Intercontinental title, Bad News Brown vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage for the WWE Championship, Mark Henry vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler and Abdullah the Butcher vs. Kevin Von Erich.

Vengeance 2002 is a good show. It's also an interesting pick as I believe it's the first Non-PYBO PPV chosen to air that features a Chris Benoit match (I think a GAB with a Benoit match was picked during a time Cogeco wasn't getting the PYBOs). I assume they'll just edit it out but perhaps in 2009, they'll continue the gradual re-insertion of Benoit into programs that began in 2008 with his presence being allowed on screen during promos.

Is the Black History Month panel the one Bill Watts taped? Hopefully Hayes is there too.

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling 11/18/81 – One of wrestling’s most storied territories makes its debut on WWE 24/7 Classics. Follow great NWA action, beginning in November 1981, as Jake “The Snake” Roberts teams with Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat to battle the Super Destroyer and the Grappler. Other top stars featured include future WWE Hall of Famers Sgt. Slaughter and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper.

This is what I'm looking forward to. Mid-Atlantic kicked ***!

I'm very excited about Mid-Atlantic being put in the rotation. It also looks as if the DX Poker Game will be up next month as well.

And Watts on the Legends Roundtable is something I've been looking forward to for a while. I just wish the shorties had the house show match between Vader and Ron Simmons. The crowd reaction to Simmons winning the belt was insane.

I would like to point out I used Watts name as a joke (though we know he did tape one).

BTW, the PYBO choices are SuperBrawl III (another show with a Benoit match mentioned in the WWE.com card listing, for those keeping track), In Your House: Final Four, and No Way Out 2005. SuperBrawl III won a PYBO back when I wasn't getting PYBO shows (a better time then "getting no shows" era I seem to be in right now) so I could go for that. I have a VHS copy of the IYH show somewhere - it's very good and I actually hope that one wins. NWO 2005 is the worst option.

I would like to point out I used Watts name as a joke (though we know he did tape one).

BTW, the PYBO choices are SuperBrawl III (another show with a Benoit match mentioned in the WWE.com card listing, for those keeping track), In Your House: Final Four, and No Way Out 2005. SuperBrawl III won a PYBO back when I wasn't getting PYBO shows (a better time then "getting no shows" era I seem to be in right now) so I could go for that. I have a VHS copy of the IYH show somewhere - it's very good and I actually hope that one wins. NWO 2005 is the worst option.

I think he might have actually taped two - the Black History month episode, and one dealing with Texas wrestling legends that will most likely air in March.

Guest Smues

Please people, we HAVE to vote up Superbrawl III. IYH Final four is a really good show, no arguement there. But I've never seen Superbrawl III, it's supposed to be a really good show, and most importantly, THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR! Getting a clean copy of the White Castle of Fear mini-movie would be awesome. STINGER! COME TO MY WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!

Come on, you know you want to vote for the WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!

I think he might have actually taped two - the Black History month episode, and one dealing with Texas wrestling legends that will most likely air in March.

I don't think they have actually being taped yet - this was in JR's blog last Saturday:

It looks as if the Legends Roundtable is back on for a January taping. I'm not 100% sure of who will be on the panel but the guests will discuss African Americans in Wrestling and Texas Wrestling Stars and Promotions. Hopefully, Bombastic Bill, the large Cowboy, Bill Watts will be involved in this effort as he always has plenty to say.

Please people, we HAVE to vote up Superbrawl III. IYH Final four is a really good show, no arguement there. But I've never seen Superbrawl III, it's supposed to be a really good show, and most importantly, THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR! Getting a clean copy of the White Castle of Fear mini-movie would be awesome. STINGER! COME TO MY WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!

Come on, you know you want to vote for the WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!

That PPV only shows clips of the mini movie, and not the entire thing.

Besides, the Spin the Wheel Make the Deal mini movie is 1000 times better.

Sunflower schedule is up. Highlights include the shorties section (December to Dismember EC is in there), an MSG show from 12/28/1982 (Backlund vs. Graham, Ray Stevens vs. Snuka, Morales vs. Muraco), and Bash at the Beach 2000. Can't wait for that last one.

In regards to Bash at the Beach 2000... Thank god. I realize that it's WCW 2000, and a good portion of the show will suck, but I've always wanted to see the show. The prices on Ebay and Amazon are the most ridiculous prices for any wrestling tape you'll ever see, ranging usually between $75-$500. Now if they can start showing any other WCW PPV from October 2000 onward, we'll be set.

Why is the Bash there? Booker's title win?

Yeah... it would have to be for that reason...

Although we get the added bonus of the whole Russo/Hogan/Jarrett situation.

I seem to recall the internet community being pretty happy with BATB 2000 (rare for a WCW show at the time), but that could have been the hype of it all. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it.