TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers*

411:

- Michelle McCool defeated Victoria, Eve and Cherry in an obstacle course. Maryse was voted out of the diva competition. Maria was host since they were in Chicago.

- Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels have a meeting about their handicap cage match later in the evening.

- The Big Show defeated Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore in a handicap match.

- John Morrison defeated the Miz to qualify for the Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania.

- The Money in the Bank graphic already has Jeff Hardy removed, and has MVP listed in the match.

- US Title Match: MVP © retains the title over Batista, when Umaga interfered and gave Batista the Samoan Spike.

- Khali and Chuck Palumbo defeated Kane and Jamie Noble

- Vicky Guerrero added Chavo Guerrero to the Handicap Cage Match Main Event.

- Chavo Guerrero, Edge, Zach Ryder and Curt Hawkins defeated HBK and Ric Flair when Edge escaped. The Undertaker came from under the ring to scare off Edge and his crew.

- Dark Match Main Event: The Undertaker faced off with the Big Show, but Edge would replace Show only to be pinned and send the crowd home happy.

You didn't really think the tag titles were going to be defended, did you? I'm fine with it. I'd take that over a meaningless 4 corners match like WMXX had. That leaves one open spot.

You didn't really think the tag titles were going to be defended, did you? I'm fine with it. I'd take that over a meaningless 4 corners match like WMXX had. That leaves one open spot.

Thats not what I meant. I was just saying that in the past, title matches were some of the most important matches (and sometimes best) matches on the show. The IC title hasn't been defended at Mania since 18. Its just a shame how they have been thrown to the side over the years.

So Flair retires now?

It was explained on Raw at one point that it only applies to singles matches.

I think it was on Raw 15 show when he was teaming with HHH/Batista that JR made a special point of saying it.

So Flair retires now?

No, they added some wacky rule later on where the rule only counts in one-on-one matches.

The Undertaker came from under the ring to scare off Edge and his crew.

Boy, didn't see THAT coming!

Not that I'm his biggest fan, but Miz really got the short end of the stick if he doesn't end up making it into MITB anyway. I'd imagine he gets in on a second chance somehow though. Having one Tag Champion in and one out seems a little strange.

It'll probably be either Miz or Kofi getting the last spot in the MITB. The other one will go the ECW battle royal probably...

...where they will get squashed by Kane and watch as Kane becomes ECW champion.

It'll probably be either Miz or Kofi getting the last spot in the MITB. The other one will go the ECW battle royal probably...

...where they will get squashed by Kane and watch as Kane becomes ECW champion.

I'll drink to that. As long as Kane gets a reign of a little longer than a single day this time.

That'd be cute for Backlash but not WM. I don't think Colin has garnered a big enough support right now to warrant that type of moment at that stage. I'd much rather see Dreamer win the Battle Royal if it isn't Kane. I'm going to throw a surprise name out and say Matt Hardy. Sure, he hasn't finished his deal with MVP but Matt winning the Battle Royal unannounced and beating Chavo would go over quite well. I also believe MVP-Matt would never recapture what they had before his injury. I'm not saying it will happen but Chavo's role here really limited the options since most of the names left are absolute low level mid card acts with no direction or heels.

To be fair though, the battle royal isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. It's not filler, by any means. But I guess it's akin to the Cruiserweight Open at WM20. I don't see Chavo dropping the title, so the actual title match would probably have a screwy ending if it's anyone of any note. If it's Kane, you're looking at a DQ or CO or something, build to a future title match, not really a WrestleMania moment. If Colin won the battle royal, at least you get a memorable moment out of it. You can have Kane and Palumbo brawling away and Colin ends up winning by pure dumb luck. The crowd would, I'd venture, be solidly behind him by the time Chavo gets to the ring. And you can give Colin maybe a couple of hope spots before Chavo finishes him off.

Maybe it's more wishful thinking than just thinking, I dunno. If anything, I don't think the timing is right as far as his team with Dreamer and how far along he is as far as getting offence goes.

I know it won't happen but, CM Punk wins MITB, Chavo beats the winner of the Battle Royal (Dreamer?) and then Punk comes out and beats Chavo to cash in MITB. I know the ECW Title is not seen as something important, but hey, this can elevate it just a little.

To be fair though, the battle royal isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. It's not filler, by any means. But I guess it's akin to the Cruiserweight Open at WM20. I don't see Chavo dropping the title, so the actual title match would probably have a screwy ending if it's anyone of any note. If it's Kane, you're looking at a DQ or CO or something, build to a future title match, not really a WrestleMania moment. If Colin won the battle royal, at least you get a memorable moment out of it. You can have Kane and Palumbo brawling away and Colin ends up winning by pure dumb luck. The crowd would, I'd venture, be solidly behind him by the time Chavo gets to the ring. And you can give Colin maybe a couple of hope spots before Chavo finishes him off.

Maybe it's more wishful thinking than just thinking, I dunno. If anything, I don't think the timing is right as far as his team with Dreamer and how far along he is as far as getting offence goes.

Speaking of Colin, remember when he hit his first offensive move a few weeks ago? I believe he hit an elbow on the Miz, and received a pop that rivaled Punk's. Everyone loves an underdog, so I honestly wouldn't mind Colin getting a fluke shot.

I'd much rather see Dreamer win the Battle Royal if it isn't Kane. I'm going to throw a surprise name out and say Matt Hardy. Sure, he hasn't finished his deal with MVP but Matt winning the Battle Royal unannounced and beating Chavo would go over quite well.

Those three you mentioned are also my top choices, and I like all possible scenarios they would produce. Of course, much depends on who gets that coveted final spot for MITB.

So Flair retires now?

It was explained on Raw at one point that it only applies to singles matches.

I think it was on Raw 15 show when he was teaming with HHH/Batista that JR made a special point of saying it.

Edge also made a point of mentioning Flair's career wasn't at stake when they first made the 3 vs. 1 stip.

Not sure if this is a typo in light of the Jeff Hardy situation or not, but the WWE.Com preview of Smackdown is stating the Miz/Morrison match is for the last MITB spot:

WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison were successful in defending their titles this past Tuesday on ECW on Sci Fi against Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney. On SmackDown, however, as seen at the conclusion of the ECW X-Stream, the duo will rekindle their pre-championship reign rivalry with a trip to WrestleMania XXIV on the line when Miz and Morrison square off for the final spot in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Will Miz move on to WrestleMania or will John Morrison secure his place in Orlando on March 30?

I can't put into words just how much I hate the new Maria.

When did they all of a sudden drop her ditzy act? It seemed to have come out of nowhere.