TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Do all the blood vessels in your eyes burst when you vomit?

Every time I throw up... all the capillaries in my eyes just burst. I see stars for about a minute and then I look like a raccoon for a few days. Except instead of shady eyes, my entire eyes are just surrounded by red specks.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I must have eaten something bad this afternoon and ended up throwing up my entire lunch. My eyes are a mess.

Same thing happens to me.

A few years ago, I had an allergic reaction to a painkiller. I threw up so hard that every blood vessel around my eyes, forehead and cheeks burst. Plus, the whites of my eyes turned blood red and stayed like that for about three days.

It happened to me on Good Friday this past year. I got hammered that night after I just been in a car accident. This is the only time I've ever had my blood vessels burst on me.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

No. Every time I vomit, I blow all the acidic snot out of my sinuses and then crave hot dogs.

I've never vomited from drinking. What's everyone's limit here? Mine's around a dozen shots, or like 8 beers.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I haven't drank to the point of vomiting in years, but my most dramatic spew was after half an ounce of psychedelic mushrooms and a pint of cheap rum that sat in the sun in my truck all day. Breakfast that morning was cookie dough, bbq chips, and a ganja goo ball. Froth!

I've generally been more of a blackout/pass out drunk than a vomiting drunk. There have been a few notable and often poorly-timed exceptions to that.

I rarely puke, but blacking out is a calling card of mine. I'd say that most of the times that I have puked have been less about the quantity of alcohol consumed, but the timeframe it was done in.

Mik...I really thought I was the only one. This happens EVERY time I puke, because I strain myself when I'm throwing up. It never used to be that way, though, until I started drinking routinely. I don't mean I'll have a drink and puke, I mean when I puke at all in the last year and a half my eyes become swollen and I burst a ton of blood vessels in my face right around my eyes. It's gotten to the point where my girlfriend bought me those masks that you keep in the fridge/freezer and put over your eyes to reduce the swelling.

The next time I puke, and it happens, I'm taking pictures.