TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

NCAA Tournament Pick'Em.

Are you sure about that? Nate the Great says to pick multiple upsets! I'm conflicted, King. Too many people claim to be experts on something that's completely arbitrary. On the same token, too many people have irrational reasoning for their questionable selections. Does anyone else have that guy at work/class who looks at multiple copies of bracket sheets throughout the day and tries to reason every single minute detail of every potential game? Of course you do, we all do.

its not like I'm saying Siena is gonna go far, I just dont think Vanderbilt is that good and they could very well lose if they are not on their top game, my theory is there's always at least 1 upset in each region

I also noticed last night that I have the top 4 seeds in every bracket in the Sweet 16. I'm sure this will bite me in the ass, but I'm not sure who to take out.

The only notable surprises I have are Kansas St. in the Sweet 16 and West Virginia in the Elite 8. Other than that, it's quite a bit of chalk. I almost picked Georgia over Xavier, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on that one. I've never really been an upset-happy person to begin with.

I'm in both.

I'm totally being a homer and picking Pitt to go way further than they actually will, because they always suffer a letdown.

In one I have them winning.

But if it happens, I'll win the bracket, woo!

Other than that, there's a lot of chalk type picks, though I have a good feeling about Xavier.

I was going to pick IU to go far but to take on UNC in the second round in Raleigh, NC is just criminal by the committee. Don't forget that if they get to the elite 8, they will be in Charlotte, NC. Plus if Texas gets to the elite 8 this year, they will be playing in Houston, TX for a "neutral" court game. I not one to make a big deal out of this many years but a default home game is going to aid these teams to the final 4.

After the first day of games, not that much separation in the top half of the standings. Surprised that no one with the exception of Bored (I think) with Stanford had a gutsy pick for national champion. Everyone seemed to ride the UCLA/NC/Kansas/GT/Memphis/Tennessee line.

After the first day of games, not that much separation in the top half of the standings. Surprised that no one with the exception of Bored (I think) with Stanford had a gutsy pick for national champion. Everyone seemed to ride the UCLA/NC/Kansas/GT line.

You don't consider mine a gutsy pick?

After the first day of games, not that much separation in the top half of the standings. Surprised that no one with the exception of Bored (I think) with Stanford had a gutsy pick for national champion. Everyone seemed to ride the UCLA/NC/Kansas/GT line.

Who are you? The guy that picked Duke or Texas? They are both #2's and can't really count as gutsy. Okay, I take that back. Someone picked Pittsburgh, that's a little bit of a reach but they are the trendy team thanks to Coach Asshole.

Guest Beastalentier
Surprised that no one with the exception of Bored (I think) with Stanford had a gutsy pick for national champion. Everyone seemed to ride the UCLA/NC/Kansas/GT/Memphis/Tennessee line.

Hawk 34 14 - - - - - (UCLA)

douche

Here's my results.

UNC over Louisville

Wisconsin over Kansas (which means Wisconsin will lose in the second round, like they always seem to when I pick them to go far)

Memphis over Stanford (I originally had Stanford here, but I chickened out and changed it to Memphis)

UCLA over Duke

UNC over Wisconsin

UCLA over Memphis

UCLA over UNC, 81-72

I don't know much about any teams other than UConn, but that's almost exactly what I picked, except I had Georgetown over Kansas and UNC over UCLA.

Who are you? The guy that picked Duke or Texas? They are both #2's and can't really count as gutsy. Okay, I take that back. Someone picked Pittsburgh, that's a little bit of a reach but they are the trendy team thanks to Coach Asshole.

Picked Duke.

I am so pissed I changed my mind on UConn when I changed my picks up or I would have had that. At least i had Western Kentucky advancing to the Sweet 16.

Im currently 40th right now though, though I did the scenario generator and found out that even if Perdue and Wisconsin dont make the final 4, as long as Memphis makes it to the championship game I'll win (unless I overlooked a wierd scenario) since it seems no one else picked Memphis?

Surprised that no one with the exception of Bored (I think) with Stanford had a gutsy pick for national champion. Everyone seemed to ride the UCLA/NC/Kansas/GT/Memphis/Tennessee line.

I picked Stanford.

#1 baby! OH YEAH!

I know it isn't possible for me to be #1 after tomorrow's set of games, but I'm still happy.

On ESPN:

Group: TheSmartMarks.com

Password: tsm2008

games.espn.go.com

I win! Yay!

Kingofthe909 versus Diamonddust in an epic fight to the death for office-pool supremacy!

Ortonsault versus The Czech Republic in an epic fight to the death for Yahoo!-pool supremacy!

Guest Teal-y Dan

I don't know where, I don't know when, and I don't know how, but one of Park Ridge's hometown heroes is gonna show up big. Do something cool, Harrison Ford.