TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NCAA BBall Tournament, 1st and 2nd Rounds

I thought Lopez was fouled on that last shot, but it didn't really matter in the end.

Sunday Tip Times

Siena vs. Villanova, 12:10 PM/9:10 AM

Miami vs. Texas, 2:15 PM/11:15 AM

Butler vs. Tennessee, 2:30 PM/11:30 AM

San Diego vs. Western Kentucky, 2:40 PM/11:40 AM

Davidson vs. Georgetown, 2:50 PM/11:50 AM

Mississippi State vs. Memphis, 4:45/1:45 PM

Oklahoma vs. Louisville, 5:00/2:00 PM

Arkansas vs. North Carolina, 5:20/2:20 PM

I don't think I can take watching another 4 games of UCLA doing that crap. I know they snuck out with the win, but scoring 53 points isn't going to win national titles. Nor is getting behind constantly and having to rally. At some point someone won't choke.

A potential UCLA vs. WVU regional rinal would put me in a very odd position, namely having to actually side with Bob Huggins.

Aside from WVU the Big East really showed its ass today. Marquette couldn't beat Stanford even after Trent Johnson was ejected in the 1st half. ND just got beat down big time by Washington St. And Pitt showed why they are never a real good tourney bet.

A 4 lost to a 5 that played better down the stretch, a 5 seed got blown out by a 4, and a 6 seed lost on a last second shot to a 3 seed. That's not exactly the worst day any major conference has ever had.

Fuck UCLA. I knew they were soft.

Everybody thinkin they're invincible.

That is how they play, they go down early and somehow find a way to win. They do it too many times for my liking.

and this is the third year in a row that they almost lost in the second round but didn't.

A&M peaked at the right time. They nearly beat Kansas in the Big-12 semis without Sloan, their leading scorer, only losing by six. That's two #1 seeds in a week's span.

Unless a few people on this board want to devalue Kansas as well.

A&M peaked at the right time. They nearly beat Kansas in the Big-12 semis without Sloan, their leading scorer, only losing by six. That's two #1 seeds in a week's span.

Unless a few people on this board want to devalue Kansas as well.

I'll be the first one to step up and devalue kansas.

They're soft as well.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Nova's putting the boots to Siena in a really lousy game. Villanova's just playing basic basketball while Siena fucks up with turnover after turnover. Team's totally out of gas.

As a Longhorn fan, I'm fucking glad that AnM lost.

You have a double-digit lead and let UCLA basically control the tempo of the 2nd half to scratch and claw their way back into the game. This was typical AnM ball..take a lead then let the other team jailhouse rape you in the 2nd half for the win.

Longhorns are up by 8 as I type this over Miami. A win puts us in Texas for the rest of the tournament and gives us an easy road to the finals.

As a WKU student I'm happy about us playing San Diego today although I don't like our chances because San Diego has more athleticism than we do. And besides, even if we win then UCLA will kill us in the Sweet Sixteen.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

They should bomb threes on every possession if they make it to UCLA.

Im not to fond of this..one of my upsets (Davidson) is down 4 but my runner up (Tennessee) is in a dogfight (heh, pun) with Butler, only up 4.

Western Kentucky was one of my other upsets and they are winning.

This was looking like a lousy session 20-30 minutes ago and now every game is close. Even Miami had a chance to send it to overtime at the end.

As a Longhorn fan, I'm fucking glad that AnM lost.

You have a double-digit lead and let UCLA basically control the tempo of the 2nd half to scratch and claw their way back into the game. This was typical AnM ball..take a lead then let the other team jailhouse rape you in the 2nd half for the win.

Longhorns are up by 8 as I type this over Miami. A win puts us in Texas for the rest of the tournament and gives us an easy road to the finals.

So speaks a guy who's team nearly gacked up a double digit lead in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Quick 2 with an and 1 that could put Tenn up by 5.

Good game Butler, better luck next year.

Edit: Ah.. they *nearly* fucked it up. I'll take us escaping out of Little Rock and regrouping back in Texas then us getting systematically out played for an entire half and bounced out of the tourny.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Tennessee gets the knife in with that one. NOW HIT A FOUL SHOT, somebody.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

What's the deal with foul shooting now? Can none of these good teams hit free throws? Georgetown isn't good at the line, Tennessee isn't good at the line today, Memphis has been bad all year..what the fuck. It's a freebie.

I'm actually impressed with both Butler and Tenn in this game.

Going into OT, both teams could've just given up and let the other have it. I mean, Butler had all the momentum in coming back and getting to OT but Tenn just rode the tide and kept playing their style of ball to pull out the victory.

What's the deal with foul shooting now? Can none of these good teams hit free throws? Georgetown isn't good at the line, Tennessee isn't good at the line today, Memphis has been bad all year..what the fuck. It's a freebie.

as you say that curry (a 90% FT shooter) nails 2 for Davidson to make it 2 possessions..and with the foul Davidson almost has it locked up.