TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NCAA BBall Tournament, 1st and 2nd Rounds

Stephen Curry might be the best pure shooter in college basketball. He just doesn't seem to want to miss EVER when the game is running short. Clearly the best way to stop Davidson is to triple team Curry.

Better yet, put all five guys on him and see if anyone else on Davidson can score points. I don't know if they can because I only recall two of them taking a shot in the last ten minutes. One missed and the other scored because Curry made a pass he shouldn't legally be allowed to make.

WKU baby! I was cringing when the Hilltoppers coughed up yet another lead to SD, but once they got behind by 1 they turned it on big time and put this thing to bed. Now it's on to UCLA. You have no idea how bad I want to see Western upset UCLA. At least it is in Phoenix and not right there in S. CA, though UCLA will of course have way more fans.

I think I said time and time again on various threads that I thought Georgetown was complete bullshit all year. That once they got outside the Big East and didn't get every call known to man that they were in serious trouble. It's so hilarious that a couple of G'Town's screwjob victims are in the Sweet 16 (WVU, Nova) while they are now going home. Good for Davidson, it's just a shame I didn't have them beating the Hoyas (I had Gonzaga).

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Oh, that is gonna be so much fun at work tomorrow. Lot of Georgetown grads who (foolishly) thought this year's team was better than last year's Final Four squad.

What's the lunch scene like at work? Take everyone out to a local indian place for a nice plate of curry.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Arkansas is getting their stool pushed in to the tune of a 20 point drubbing not even midway through the first.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Damn. Memphis has it opened up to a 7 point lead now. If they get knocked out here, my chances of winning my pool go up dramatically.

After the Davidson game today Im ticked off I didnt pick them further, I think they can beat Wisconsin.

Thats if Davidson mustards anything against Wisconsin defence.

After the Davidson game today Im ticked off I didnt pick them further, I think they can beat Wisconsin.

Thats if Davidson mustards anything against Wisconsin defence.

I see them playing ketchup all night.

Now that the games are over a quick check of my bracket reveals that my picks overall really sucked. I only ended up with 7 out of 16 teams. I overthought a bunch of these picks. The ones I did have were UNC, U of L, Kansas, Memphis, Stanford, Texas, and UCLA.

The screwups? In the East I had Notre Dame instead of Washington St., Butler instead of Tennessee (which was a tough pick, OT game). The Midwest was a fiasco aside from KU, since I didn't have either Siena or Nova going anywhere (I had Vandy...ugh). I had Kansas St. over Wisconsin more as wishful thinking, but at least Davidson beat G'Town to prevent the nightmare game that would have been Wisc/G'Town. Even in the rare moment of brilliance in predicting the G'Town loss, I had Gonzaga beating them instead of Davidson (which is a pick I regretted when I found out Dav/Zaga was a noon tip). The South was the only bracket I got mostly right, but Pitt managed to pull their usual tourney swoon and I had them over Michigan St. The West was another debacle, as I didn't have WKU (had UConn instead). I had Purdue instead of Xavier, and Duke instead of WVU. I almost put that WVU upset of Duke, but I just wasn't sold on Huggins in the tourney.

I should have had more faith in WKU. Thing is, I didn't think they could possibly beat UConn, but SD took care of that problem. I was hoping A & M could have held off UCLA, since obviously WKU would have more of a chance there than against UCLA. It's wild but WKU hasn't lost to anyone but South Alabama in 2008.

I had 11 of the sweet 16 teams. I dont think very many people had Villanova or Michigan St (since Pittsburgh was the cool team to pick) so I dont feel bad about those but Purdue, Notre Dame and Kentucky (with their round 1 loss) ticked me off.

I dont think there will be a bad game out of any of the next round of games, as WKU will probably give UCLA just as much of a scare as A&M did, and I think Davidson will probably beat Wisconsin.

I had Georgetown in my Nat'l Title game. Just goes to show you, never trust a team with a bullshit mascot. Commodores, gone. Hoyas, gone.

9 of my 16 alive, 5 of the Elite 8, 3 of the Final Four. Could be worse, but fuck Georgetown.

I haven't followed much college basketball this year and with the Georgetown loss today my bracket has been set far back. I put them farther than they should have gone. They are the only team in my Elite 8 that isn't alive still, but I foolishly had them going further.

I have 10 of the Sweet 16 teams (would've had 11 if I hadn't changed Wash St. at the last moment). I only have G'Town missing from my elite 8, and my Final Four is still intact.

Good news everyone, Gus Johnson will be around for the regionals unlike last year where we had to suffer with James Brown. He'll be doing the Detroit games so hopefully Curry Man will work more of his late game magic for Gus.

Good news everyone, Gus Johnson will be around for the regionals unlike last year where we had to suffer with James Brown. He'll be doing the Detroit games so hopefully Curry Man will work more of his late game magic for Gus.

Yeah, he mentioned this on Bill Simmons' latest podcast. A lot of people were upset that he was taken out of the rotation for the regionals last year.