TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Williams

Whats the first pay per view you saw live?

After many MANY years of living without cable in NYC I finally got it in 1990 and saw WrestleMania VI live. I think the price back then was only $24.95.

First ppv in person was SummerSlam '88. . There truly was a special feeling in the Garden that night.

First ppv I attended live was Royal Rumble '89.

First ppv I watched live on tv was Capital Compat '90, first WWF ppv was Survivor Series '90.

I lived in the Philippines from 85 to 88, which was when WWF PPVs first came about. I saw all of the shows in that span via VHS tape thanks to family in the states. First PPV I ever ordered and watched live was Summerslam 89.

First and only PPV I've ever attended was IYH: Good Friends, Better Enemies. Crappy PPV with a good ME. The HBK/Diesel streetfight. The heat Nash got for ripping off Mad Dog Vachon's fake leg was amazing. Remember, Vachon is a local fella.

This year I'm attending Judgement Day here.

ECW November to Remember '99 was the first (and only) I've ever attended.

The earliest PPV I ever remeber seeing is Wrestlemania III, and that was in 91 or 92. Live, my guess is Wrestlemania IX.

On TV it was Survivor Series 1990 at my Aunt Sharon's house. Until then my dad would just rent me videos when they came out.

First live was Survivor Series 1999 (ugh). I was a late bloomer when it went to live shows.

Guest Bigelow34

First PPV I saw live was Royal Rumble 91.

First I attended was Royal Rumble 94.

First PPV I saw live was Wrestlemania XV...

First one I attended was ECW's Guilty as Charged 2000 in Birmingham, Alabama.

First PPV live on TV was Wrestlemania 13. I was a fan since the early 90's, but never had PPV capabilities until 1997. At the time I thought this was an amazing show. I still don't hate it as much as everyone else does, but yeah, obviously it isn't as good anymore.

First PPV in person was Summerslam 97.

TV - SummerSlam 1991 - Didn't have cable but lucky for me, I met a kid my age at the YMCA who was as big a wrestling fan as I was AND his dad ordered all the ppvs and taped all the SNMEs. For about a 2 year stretch, I saw SumSlam91, RR92, WMVIII, and WMIX over there. Unfortunately, he turned kind of goofy that summer and I stopped hanging out with him. I've said it before about this show, but I loved how face-friendly it was. Heels only won the Disasters/Whackers and IRS/Valentine match. Every match w/ consequence was won by the babyfaces and it was glorious for someone like me that had a theory that the 3 major championships would be 2-1 on either the face or heel side to be proven wrong.

In person - No Mercy 1999 - First ppv w/o Russo. What an awesome show live. Hardies/E&C in the TIT, we got to mark for the Bulldog, laugh at the Moolah/Ivory spectacle, and raise an eyebrow when JJ went over Chyna . . . temporarily. Fun times.

Never attended a PPV in person. The first live viewing experience was Survivor Series 1991. God damn was I relieved when The Hulkster dumped that casket over before his match started. I was so worried that The Undertaker was going to stuff him into it.

The first PPV event I saw was WrestleMania VII via Coliseum Video - I became a wrestling fan shortly after this event (spring 91) and I ended up renting it from a video store. I wasn't totally caught up on when it was from, what it mattered that it was a WrestleMania, or that it was so recent (I recall my mom asking when this was from when she saw Regis Philbin involved, talking about Kathy Lee with Tenryu). I actually had timeline / history problems a lot when I was 10 because I had no idea what had gone on title wise previously, so I always thought Mr. Perfect was going to lose his IC title to Bulldog on other Coliseum Videos, then Bossman at Mania VII. Kind of silly, but hey, what did I know?

SummerSlam 91 is a close second - by this time I was fully aware a big event was coming up and while we had no PPV capabilities in our area at this time, we had friends of the family watching and recording it in Detroit. I got the tape not much later.

I lucked out (sort of) that so soon after becoming a wrestling fan, Survivor Series 91 was in Detroit. My cousin, his friend, uncle, and the kids from the Detroit family we knew all went and had a good time. I left the show thinking it was really something (plus I had a foam 2x4 and nightstick!).

Royal Rumble 92 would be the first PPV I actually was able to see as it happened on television thanks to a local tavern. I also saw my first Mania (VIII) there as well.

One fateful day we received a flyer in the mail alerting us that Warrior vs. Savage was a go for SummerSlam 92 AND I could watch it from the comfort of my own home. I remember my mom telling me she had hoped I wouldn't find that ad but I did. The cool thing was that in order to watch the PPV we had to ger a decoder box from the cable company, and said box was the gateway to the "Superstations" - WTBS, WSBK, WGN, and KTLA. This opened up a lot of WCW viewing for me with TBS. Anyway I invited my cousin and some friends over for a big SummerSlam 92 party and a good time was had by all - I remember how the channel the PPV was on existed JUST for SummerSlam, and we had to order it in advance. We just had a screen on channel 52 with old school computerized text saying "You Are Authorized To Receive This Channel" for weeks until the big event.

Never saw one live in person, first one I ordered was Wrestelmania 2000 along with the Wrestlemania All Day Long feature. Ah, the days when $50 got you 12 hours of WWF pay-per-view instead of 2 hours and 15 minutes...

The first PPV I watched live as it happened was Royal Rumble 1997, as my family did not have PPV capability prior to that

The first PPV I ever attended live was Vengeance in 2004, where Benoit beat Triple H to retain the world title

First one I saw was Survivor Series 1992. Had to completely move and re stack our fire wood pile before my dad agreed to order and pay for it.

First one I attended was Royal Rumble 2001. I'm in the people on the street segment during heat, the only one that doesn't sound like a goober (I'm wearing a gray t-shirt and saints ball cap). Only complaint I had about the show was our Section F row 16 didn't exist so we were moved to Section A row 25.

First one I watched live was Royal Rumble 1994, I think.

First (and only) one I went to was Royal Rumble 1999.

I would've loved to have been able to attend an ECW PPV in the company's heyday.

The one I attended, Guilty as Charged, was really hit and miss. I had a bunch of friends, who were casual fans, with me, and the big thing they wanted to see was The Sandman (Not real hard to figure out how he'd appeal to a bunch of high school seniors). He no-showed the event (Scheduled to take on Rhino), and they didn't bother telling anyone in Boutwell Auditorium about it that night.

Still... it was pretty nuts to see Spike Dudley take the Super Awesome-Bomb through the table that night.

First ppv I ever ordered was Royal Rumble 95. For some reason I was a huge Jeff Jarrett fan and went nuts when he won the Intercontinental title. The rest of the event was fairly uneventful. First (and only) ppv I attended was Wrestlemania last year. For 80 thousand (or over 70 according to Meltzer) fans, Ford Field was very quiet. The only major pop of the night was Undertaker's title victory over Batista.

First PPV I ordered was Badd Blood '97.

I remember that I tried to order that one, but my cable company was fucked up. I did catch the Free For All and the announcement that Brian Pillman had passed, so really, that evening would have been a major bummer either way.

The First PPV I saw on TV was WrestleMania VIII.

The First PPV I attented actually was suppose to be just a SuperStars Taping back in May 96

But thanks to a Power Outages during a couple matches, I was actually at Beware of Dog II

It was a weird night. First they taped a SuperStars Episode, Then two actual matches that were

in the dark from a couple nights before shown live on the Tuesday Replay on PPV: The Caribbean

Strap Match between Stone Cold and Savio Vega which was DiBiases last night and the Casket Match

between Taker and Goldust w/ the Gold Casket and Mankind coming out of the Casket. Then they taped

a couple more SuperStar episodes and we got a HBK/Goldust Title match as a dark Main Event to send us Home Happy.

First one I ordered was Summerslam '95, which was when my cable company was first able to provide PPV service.

The first and only PPV I attended was Survivor Series '93.