TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Raw Thread 3/17/08

After being subjected two weeks in a row to the sadistic whims of others, tonight k it’s time for The Game to make the rules. And what Triple H has in mind spells nothing but hurt for his WrestleMania XXIV opponents, Randy Orton and John Cena.

Two weeks ago, Raw General Manager William Regal announced a Triple Threat Takeover, allowing each of the three men involved in the WWE Championship Triple Threat Match to arrange their opponents’ bouts for one week. That night, on John Cena’s command, Triple H was forced to battle reigning WWE Champion Randy Orton. Last week, The Cerebral Assassin was pushed into a match with his WrestleMania XV opponent, Kane, compliments of Orton.

Tonight, however, Triple H has arranged a match pitting Cena & Orton against the entire Raw roster. (No, really. It’s true!)

What the hell does this mean? Having suffered through two weeks of his opponents’ will, can The Game capture the momentum in the weeks leading up to the greatest stage in all of sports-entertainment?

In other action, Chris Jericho returns to Raw as the new Intercontinental titleholder after defeating former champion Jeff Hardy. Tonight, Y2J will kick off Raw with The Highlight Reel and he will have a huge guest - Big Show!

What will Show have to say about his encounter last week with his WrestleMania XXIV foe, Floyd "Money" Mayweather? The animosity between the two flooded the arena last week when The World’s Largest Athlete grabbed the WBC welterweight champion after their weigh-in, lifted him overhead and tossed him over the top rope causing Mayweather to injure his elbow. Will Mayweather be able to continue with their match?

For answers to these questions and more, tune in to Monday Night Raw at 9/8 CT on USA network.

It'll be interesting to see how they pull off this 2 vs. the whole Raw roster deal.

Flair vs Vince in a street fight was randomly just announced on wwe.com for tonight.

That's odd. Maybe Flair failed a drug test so McMahon is gonna end his career for screwing up WM plans?

Flair vs Vince in a street fight was randomly just announced on wwe.com for tonight.

That's odd. Maybe Flair failed a drug test so McMahon is gonna end his career for screwing up WM plans?

Kayfabe/ Vince wants to soften up Flair for his match at WM /Kayfabe

Jericho didn't come across as heelish there

Is this Show's first official match back?

No. He worked a handicap match on Smackdown a couple weeks ago.

To be honest I had to mute most of the interaction due to a phone call. Just seemed to me that since Jericho was backing Mayweather they were making him into the heel for the convo at least.

I thought Big Show had a squash against someone the week he came back. Not 100% sure though.

No. He worked a handicap match on Smackdown a couple weeks ago.

He had one last week on Smackdown too.

I think its obvious CM Punk is winning MITB.

I also think its obvious he'll be the first to cash in and not win the title.

I'd put Kennedy, Jericho, and MVP ahead of Punk in odds of winning MITB.

I only agree with you on Jericho. Kennedy won it last year, and MVP's probably going to feud with Matt post Mania. I think so, at least.

Wow that was a nice match. There were at least two other spots I would have bought as the finisher.

After the last few minutes of Jericho-Hardy last week, I realized how important near-falls are in getting the crowd into a match. Without them, the fans would have never gotten into the Punk-Carlito match, sadly.

We can eliminate Kennedy right off the bat, and Jericho..I doubt it. MVP could be but I think Punk is the better choice.

Yay lets job Kendrick/London to Umaga Yay!