TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Your Favorite Bar's Specials

My favorite bar is The Union here in Huntington. I have been going there since I was 17 and started college. It was beer only until I was 22, so I will list the specials like they were when I was in college, and what the specials are now.

Used to be (tips not included):

Monday

$2 pitchers (64 oz.) Usually, 4 of us would take turns buying pitchers. You could spend $2-4 and have a lot of beer. MNF and wrestling on the tv's. Good night.

Tuesday

$2 Double Dueces (22 oz. Miller Lite bottles) Tuesday was always an odd night for drinking. Not too many people were out, and the specials weren't that good. We usually went anyway. $6 for a decent night of drinking and throwing darts.

Wednesday

$5 All You Can Drink (draught beer in 12 oz. cups) Obviously a big hit. Drinkin' With Lincoln, Sink or Swim, whatever you wanted to call it, this was a huge crowd. They had an emcee doing Trivia for teams of four (local, national, whatever kinds of questions. pop culture, name that soing/artist, etc.) This was an awesome night in every way. Trivia at The Union was always fun. They gave away a prize for the weekly winners. The prize used to be free drinking next Wednesday for the four winners, but it was eventually changed to dinner for four at a local eatery. The clever team names for Trivia made this night even more fun.

Thursday

College Night $3 pitchers (64 oz.) Same game plan as Monday nights with splitting up pitchers, but it was way more crowded and lots more women. Usually spent $9 bucks with the same format as Monday.

Friday

Quarters! Happy Hour was every Friday from 4-7PM. 7 oz. cups of draught beer were 25 cents each and you bought them in rounds of four. They also had 20 cent wings. I would get $2-3 worth of wings, and try to get as many rounds in as possible before 7 PM. Typically, it was 7 rounds. $10 and I was drunk as hell. We would usually go home and nap and go back out later that night, possibly drinking, possibly not.

Saturday

No real speacials, but the beer was still reasonably priced. $4 pitchers, $2 bottles. Everyone was out on Saturdays.

This is getting rather long, so I'll post the changes in another post. Share your favorite bar's drink prices.

Also at Boston Pizza, 9.25/10.25 fishbowls (3oz.) depending on what alcohol you use.

And their team pitchers are only 29.95 on Clifton Hill, compared to 34 in town. This, of course, is good marketing, as food prices are about 30% higher.

2.50 drinks on Fridays at Big Bucks. Used to be 2 dollars. I guess they're trying harder to keep the high school kids out.

I believe the Chili Pepper has eight dollar pitchers on Monday nights, also L3 has dollar draughts on Wednesdays, when I went to college.

Current specials for The Union. Liquor was added to the bar around 2002, and at the same time, the kitchen went from mere wings, chips/salsa, and cheese fries to a kitchen with a full menu. Most of the items are named after Marshall stars that frequented the place. Scuillo's Hot Sicillian (named after former MU and NFL O-Lineman Steve Scuillo) is one of the best sandwiches in town. The bar is now open at 4 PM every day, and bottles are $1.50 daily until 6:30. Liquor specials are posted on a chalkboard near the door daily. They have an acoustic band playing the occasional Friday or Saturday nights. $1 cover any time there is a band.

Monday

$2 pitchers (64 oz.) No change.

Tuesday

Rotating "specials" that aren't very special. Most often, it's Coors Light pounders.

Wednesday

The only things that changed here is a $1 cover charge at the door, and the $5 all you can drink includes "well level" mixed drinks!

$5 All You Can Drink (draught beer in 12 oz. cups) Obviously a big hit. Drinkin' With Lincoln, Sink or Swim, whatever you wanted to call it, this was a huge crowd. They had an emcee doing Trivia for teams of four (local, national, whatever kinds of questions. pop culture, name that soing/artist, etc.) This was an awesome night in every way. Trivia at The Union was always fun. They gave away a prize for the weekly winners. The prize used to be free drinking next Wednesday for the four winners, but it was eventually changed to dinner for four at a local eatery. The clever team names for Trivia made this night even more fun.

Thursday

College Night $3 pitchers (64 oz.) No change.

Friday

Quarters lasts until 6:30 now instead of 7:00.

Quarters! Happy Hour was every Friday from 4-7PM. 7 oz. cups of draught beer were 25 cents each and you bought them in rounds of four.

Saturday

No real speacials, but the beer is still reasonable priced. $4 pitchers, $2 bottles.

Guest Vitamin X

One of my favorite watering holes, conveniently the closest one to my new place, has a $2 breakfast- 2 eggs any style, hash browns, and toast with jam. Decent size, and you can't complain for the price.

In terms of drinks, I usually only drink beer and wine (I stay away from liquor since I'm cutting down on alcohol consumption in general- I only drink the hard stuff from time to time) so I like a big pitcher of beer. $5 pitchers of Pabst at this other place near my house (although I'm sure there are cheaper elsewhere, I just haven't found it yet), but there's this place across the river that does a $2 daily microbrew special, and on Sunday they do $1 PBR. In fact, a lot of places have $1 PBR specials here in Portland. The aforementioned $2 breakfast place does $1 beer night on Thursdays, and just recently also added 3 chicken wings for $1 as well- you can get as many as 6 of each flavor (they have a lot of flavors too) so it's not hard to get, like, 30 wings for $10. That's not a bad deal, especially with $1 beer to wash it down with.

One of my favorite watering holes, conveniently the closest one to my new place, has a $2 breakfast- 2 eggs any style, hash browns, and toast with jam. Decent size, and you can't complain for the price.

Is that the Cheerful Tortoise?

Guest Awkward Lapdance

Fuckin TGI Fridays in the house BITCHES!!! Fuckin dollar Long Island Iced Teas every Thursday. Imma have to get fucked up, know what I'm sayin?

Guest Awkward Lapdance

Come on, bro. I've been here for years, lurking and shit. I joined when I was like 12.

Come on, bro. I've been here for years, lurking and shit. I joined when I was like 12.

Sorry man. You should totally send me some facts about yourself for the "Guess That Poster" game.

Guest Awkward Lapdance
It's Lukester. I guess he's no longer interested in birds. I wonder what happened??

Man, I grew out of that shit. Only bird I'm interested in now is the one I'm flipping y'all!! J/K!

Guest Vitamin X

Man, it's like Deon and EHME had a child together and it was an Awkward Lapdance.

Is that the Cheerful Tortoise?

Yup, you got it. Everyone here knows the $2 breakfast.

Only bar food I've had that I don't mind paying good money for, too. Great service, although not on Thursdays because of the huge crowd. I hate Thursdays there sometimes.

My favorite special was at good ol Patrick's Bar...they always have good food and every night at the end of happy hour they have what is called 'the fast 15' every drink is 75 cents for 15 mins. Good way to get shitty quick. Sunday is retro night with staggered drink prices start at $2 and going to a buck from 8 to 11. The best is Monday though...from 7 to 10 its all you can eat homemade pizza and tap beer for $8 bucks. They have these killer pizzas that they make up and freeze and cook to your order. Usually a couple of us guys would go to watch MNF and often suck down 2 pizzas each and a couple pitchers. Not a bad way to start the week.