TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AnnieEclectic

Does anyone here -play- music?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Coolest thing I can play is a jankass rendition of "Big Swifty." The main themes I can do pretty much note-for-note. The noodling, not so much, but that's the point of noodling.

I played percussion from grade 6 through grade 12, and in grade 11 I got my own drum kit.

I still have said drum kit, it's just gathering dust in my parent's basement, since I can't fit it in my apartment.

TaigaStar just covered Cluster '71 in its entirety with her that-there-new-fancy-schmancy keyboard thingy, before and after killing a whole box of Donut Sticks.

never happened. because it was boston creme donuts, not sticks. ew?

I am a singer. Strike that... I am a performer!

My motivation lags as I'm not so pissed of at everything anymore in my old age, though.

I practice the Morin khuur.

I can sort of half play a bunch of stuff.

I'm pretty good at sampling.

Might learn the bass. Cause it's an instrument, but not really.

I've played bass for five years, but with an on and off relationship. Love to play a lot of classic rock stuff like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That's really all the instrument is good for, unless you're funk-inclined.

I'm going to sell all of my bass gear. I'm sick of the instrument.

That's really all the instrument is good for, unless you're funk-inclined.

I'm going to sell all of my bass gear. I'm sick of the instrument.

Or if you are in a band.

Eh, you could always tune a second guitar an octave lower than the first one. I did that a few times when jamming with a friend of mine in high school, and while it didn't sound like a true BASS I fucked with the settings on my combo to get a decent sound out of it. Man, I kinda miss my combo. I love my Line 6 head and my B52 cab, but my combo...that was some fun stuff.

I've been playing guitar for 8 years. Hawaii sucks for music and there are no bands so I just make my own.

mg0027nf1.jpg

Part of me wants to learn the guitar for real, but it's so typical. Which is part of why I'd like it, it's practical. But I don't have the temperment to be practical, I need to either be weird or flashy. And I don't know if I have the patience to do that on guitar.

But, if I do learn guitar, this is my guitar:

216376778_0059195d05.jpg

I've been playing guitar for 8 years. Hawaii sucks for music and there are no bands so I just make my own.

mg0027nf1.jpg

That picture makes me jealous, what do you run through that nice board with?

I used to play drums, though I was never good, no matter how much I practiced.

That's like nine thingies too many.

I know.

Is that a z-vex I spy at the end of that pedalboard?

I used to have some Zvex stuff, but no more.

In order:

True Bypass loop (painted by a friend)

Boss Tuner

EHX Big Muff Pi (NYC)

Analogman Peppermint Fuzz

Skreddy Screw Driver

Diamond Compressor

Analogman Clone Chorus

Moog Low Pass Filter

Moog MuRF

Eventide Timefactor.

I'm using an American Strat with a Voodoo ST-70 pickup in the neck, and running stereo to a Deluxe Reverb and a Princeton Chorus.

Part of me wants to learn the guitar for real, but it's so typical. Which is part of why I'd like it, it's practical. But I don't have the temperment to be practical, I need to either be weird or flashy. And I don't know if I have the patience to do that on guitar.

But, if I do learn guitar, this is my guitar:

216376778_0059195d05.jpg

mg0027nf1.jpg

I plays guitar in this band (and also don't know html)

www.whitewrenchconservatory.com

and play through this line:

Danelectro:

PB&J delay

Chorus

Reverse Delay

Daddy-O Overdrive

Boss:

Flanger

Super Phaser

Super Overdrive

Digital Delay

Super Feedbacker/Distortion

Other:

Memory Man

Occasional:

Morley Wah

Digitech Whammy/Wah

Small Clone (chorus)

Small Stone (phaser)

[/transmission]

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I just use a badasfuck Hughes and Kettner ATTAX preamp. Sick distortion. I played around with a Digitech DD5 for a while, but got bored with it and sold it.

I can kind of play a variety of instruments, but really what I do is play short little bursts of what I'm capable of, record them, and piece them together on the computer. Very punk rock of me, I know.

I mentioned before that I played guitar, but I am not on the prowl for a new one at garage sales.

So Yesterday I picked yup a yamaha rbx 170 for 20 bucks which was a good little deal and all, but this story...

So I am at this one yard sale in what seems like the multimillion dollar homes in the Atlanta, and I went there because there was an ad for a classic guitar there.

So I drive way the fuck out there and this chick has it in her hand as she pulls up. I get out anyway and walk hoping she will put it down. so here is the conversation:

Girl - What kind of guitar is it?

Lady - Yah-ee something

Girl - How much for it?

Lady - i guess about 10 points. I mean since its pretty old.

Girl - Cool. I am going to use it in a collage of instruments...like drill it to the wall and go with the other stuff I am getting.

So bascially this chick was about to buy a fucking 1970 something Yairi acoustic guitar to drill to a fucking wall like its a Joes Crab Shack or something.

So as I contiplate killing her and taking it, this other guy, apparently there for the same thing, jumped in and offered to give her two guitars for that one. They made the deal, and while I am upset I didn't get it, at least that dumbass chick didn't get to bolt a incredible guitar to a wall.

So this will be a weekly outing for me now, looking for guitars around atlanta until I find a replacement for my Spencer (which still sounds great but I notice the action getting higher as the years go on and the truss rod is pretty much not moving, so its going to go bad eventually)

I was a pretty good trumpet player back in middle school/high school. I started playing the piano early, but I stopped after 2nd or 3rd grade...would like to get back into it someday though.