TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Goal line blitz

Yeah I mean, I'm all for taking one for the team but when its that big a lead..I'm not going to throw my body out there when some Rook can take a few hits.

A football based MMPORPG? Shoot, they'll have to shut it down or take away my internet before I'll lose interest.

Exactly... football + MMO = love for me. I've been checking my stats everyday even though the only thing that happens is the training boost and cash intake. Right now I feel super rich because I don't have anything to spend yet ;)

Can't wait 'till lvl 8 - get to upgrade all my equipment with extra bonuses. +5 to catching you say? INTs ahoy!

-Annie

Yeah that's going to be nice but it's going to take a bit of time. Being able to level up only 3 times a season kinda sucks, but I can see why they'd do that. People at some positions would get way overpowered pretty quickly. Keeps those of us who don't get in on a lot of plays somewhat in the game.

For everyone on the Vultures:

I figure when I get home from pushing reserves of MGS4 and GoW2 tonight, I can start up a little write up about our team and the recent activity (new team owner, influx of new talent..)

So Ced, Red.. anyone else who has a little blurb about their player or whatever, send me a PM on here and I'll try to edit it into a decent little news post for the South American boards.

Oh yeah, I also figure Red and I would take the role of team Trash-Talkers, so.. if anyone else wants to get in on the fun, feel free to do so.

Hey boys and girls, update time.

Looks like my deal with the Eagles fell through so I don't think I'm going to be able to pick up iggy's G until his contract runs out on account that he has a higher level player and we don't have anybody of real value to offer. It's a shame since MGS and Ian Gordon would be a sweet working together on the O-Line. UPDATE: Just accepted a counter-offer and it's pending. O-Line Power Up~!

I threw out an offer to APW's QB, and I'll update the list on page three shortly after that.

Finally, I want to officially christen the Vultures with a new name, but I want to have a informal discussion before making that final. I've got some positive feedback on using "Smartmarks FC" but I think that would work best as a team/city name, so I'm keeping it open for nickname suggestions.

If you're going to use Smartmarks FC, then just make the location Smartmarks and the nickname FC. No point in trying to use the classy soccer club name if you're just going to put "Fighting Jumpin Beans" or something after it.

Also, happy to be on board!

2/4 on extra points, 0/1 inside 20 yards, but 3/3 from 30-39? How the hell does that math work?

And my punting position's been usurped, dammit. I only got 400 XP rather than 1000+.

CV: Deal's on the table with Stockholm to bring you aboard, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I think FC will be the nickname, now it's a matter of being "Smartmarks FC", "Goiania FC", or another South American city + FC.

Pretty sure everyone here that's currently with the Vultures right now is in a starting position. PM me if I missed somebody

Hey Ced, any chance I could get a contract renegotiation? I signed my current deal with a computer team when I was Level 1 for $327/day, but I'm currently Level 5 and at Level 5, even normal training costs $375/day. I think a raise is definitely in order.

Alright..

We need a logo of some kind. Now, this is all dependent on what name we use. If we go with Smartmarks FC, then obviously.. we'll need some sort of crest we can all decide on or maybe just a simple logo.

If we go with Goiania FC or FC Goiania, I'd think we could simply use the crest here.

Also, since our regions board is kinda dead.. (mainly talk about the higher level teams) I want to maybe do an interview with either Ced, or one of our "top threats." It'd be just a little something that could be done via AIM or what not so we can get people to follow the team and give us some exposure.

Anyone else who's got any ideas..lets hear 'em.

CV: Deal's on the table with Stockholm to bring you aboard, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I think FC will be the nickname, now it's a matter of being "Smartmarks FC", "Goiania FC", or another South American city + FC.

Pretty sure everyone here that's currently with the Vultures right now is in a starting position. PM me if I missed somebody

No problem. I didn't want to come off as obnoxious, just joking with ya. The team isn't bad, there's just no interaction. Defeats the purpose of making it an MMORPG.

This is the "Smart" family crest, apparently, located here. We could change the colors around to match the board scheme, and maybe replace the flower in the middle with a football.

I'm fine with Goiania FC though, that's pretty classy.

This is the "Smart" family crest, apparently, located here. We could change the colors around to match the board scheme, and maybe replace the flower in the middle with a football.

I like the crest idea... who besides me is good with Photoshop? (My degree is in digital multimedia... but I hate photoshopping, ha)

I like the crest idea... who besides me is good with Photoshop? (My degree is in digital multimedia... but I hate photoshopping, ha)

There's actually a Mark Family Crest too. Annie, I think you need to combine both of them together into a SmartMark crest.

Smart trade picking up Ian Gordon. I took the Mambas D-line to the International House of PANCAKES, getting 3 pancakes myself while the rest of the team combined for.... zero. :D

The team's looking real good though. I think we could easily win the South American AAA league.

Edit: Added brag. Just looked and realized that I'm leading the South American AAA league in pancakes with 5 after only 3 total games.

I leveled up with that game so hopefully I'll add to the 'cakes in the next game. Blitzing in the middle against us is absolute death.

Ugh, 3 missed tackles. Set my tactics up to go for more fumbles than tackling. Going for a more balance approach next game to see how that works.

Three tackles today, but they seemed like tackles that I levelled the opposition. Mind you our secondary must have played well when they only completed 17/37 passes.