TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Goal line blitz

I like how you ran directly into the FS, then kept going. Brought me back to the old Tecmo Super Bowl days.

EDIT: Let me know what positions you need human players for on the TSM team, I've still got 300 FP to spend.

Chriswok: Offer's on the table for your WR. Accept the offer from the Goiania Vultures and you're in.

CV: Stockholm refused my initial offer and hasn't turned around with any sort of counter offer.

Our next opponent got bought out and got renamed the Orlando Sharks...

Here's a updated list so everyone can see what positions have been filled.

----

Offense

QB - Geru Ortega (Alaskan Postal Worker)

FB] - Bernie Sidwell (Sideburnious)

C - Miguel Guillermo-Sanchez (Ced)

G - Ian Gordon (iggymcfly)

OT - Slate Fistcrunch (oldskool)

TE - Drew "Ironhead" Kincaid (massito)

WR - Chriswok Geordie (chriswok)

Defense

LB - Steven Simon (redbaron51)

LB - Hoji Savagebones (IK Cool Jew)

LB - Alex Morgan (UTBroward)

DE - Eric LeBeau (Cartman)

DT - Meagan Martin (redbaron51's fiancee)

CB - Annie Eclectic (AnnieEclectic)

Special Teams

P - Tobias Fünke (LaParkaMarka)

Unknown WR Chriswok Geordie, signed a 1 year contract with the Goiania Vultures today, the few journalist that turned up (from a local College newspaper) were treated to a brief interview from the new vulture's Receiver.

"Obviously I'm very happy to be a part of the Vulture's team, its all about the Football, and the winning. Though, if anyone out there knows anyone who can hook me up with nike, let me know, cheers."

I like how you ran directly into the FS, then kept going. Brought me back to the old Tecmo Super Bowl days.

EDIT: Let me know what positions you need human players for on the TSM team, I've still got 300 FP to spend.

As of right this second

HB, FB, WR, Both OT, DT, CB, and FS are CPU players.

We need more human O, so roll one of them.

Offer is there for your OT, oldskool. I'm going to uphold the 1 spot per TSMer for now, but I might change that up after the next game.

Yeah, the roster has 64 guys on it right now, and 42 of them are CPU. I think it might come down to people having two players to cover positions. Most positions only have one human player in them, except for G, QB, DT, DE, and LB, those have between two and four each, respectively.

I don't know how many "start" in each position, but if I move over to the team next season I'd be more than willing to ride the pine more often and take the field late in games when the starters start to get tired, and ask to start like one out of every three games or something just so my players don't get too far behind in the whole XP/Skills growth average.

I'm only holding it to one per user at the moment so I can get as many people at starting as the #1 in their position so they can get into as many plays as possible and level up quicker. Right now, it looks like I could bump up to it to two or more players per TSM'er soon if people are OK with potentially being bumped down the depth chart and seeing less playing time or maybe playing kick/punt returner.

Our punter had to punt at least twice, potentially three times, from inside their thirty. I don't know if that's on the coaches or the kicker not having the boot to make it or just the programming, but you have to at least try the FG ONCE. It's murdering the punter's average when he has to pooch all the time, and then it looks like he's the reason we lost because he averaged 18-something per kick.

Unfortunately I don't see a button where I can switch up tactics to call in kicker when we feel we're close enough to the endzone and willing to chance it.

Offense is fairly open for players right now, especially on the offensive side. I've got some flex points to spare so I may throw in an extra player into the mix to help the offensive efforts.

I'll put in the change of the team name to Smartmarks FC after I come back from my trip tomorrow.

I don't think you can change it either. I guess that means you just need to yell at the kicker to get his strength & Big Boot up so that he'll be attempting those field goals rather than punting the ball away for a negligible field position gain.

I'm down for making a second player if we need an extra somewhere. Maybe a TE?

OI!

THAT'S MY SPOT!

:D

I think we need a FB though.

What colors best describe Smartmarks FC?

I'd vote for the board colors, but Aqua and White is so cliche.

If we used the old TSM frontpage colors, it'd look kinda like this, but smaller:

samp14d558f6b6d249af.jpg

So we'd be the Bengals?

I've been on here forever and even I don't remember an orange front page. Pretty sure I've been around longer than my reg date too; I think it was reset in one of the forum crashes.

I guess that doesn't make sense with other people having earlier reg dates than me, but I swear I was on here telling everyone that HHH wasn't holding people down during his first World Heavyweight Title reign in 2002. At the very least, I was part of the MOTY argument in December as the only one campaigning for HHH/HBK from Summerslam over the Smackdown Six stuff.

17-3 win over the Caracas Vikings today.

Moves us up to 2nd in the conference.

Edit: I see I got slotted into the MLB spot. Any particular reason why?

17-3 win over the Caracas Vikings today.

Moves us up to 2nd in the conference.

Edit: I see I got slotted into the MLB spot. Any particular reason why?

I figured the you're the highest level of the LB core and the MLB is usually the defensive captain. I don't know if that really translates in GLB, but that's why you got moved.

By the way, IAN GORDON'S HOUSE OF PANCAKES! SEEEEEEERVED~! 4 pancakes from the beast and a piddly 1 from me. Funny that I'm in the league's top ten for the season with only 2 while iggy dominates with double digit 'cakes.

Offense is still a bit underleveled, but the running game is getting it done for the time being.

Boo. I liked my dominate roll in the middle. If I knew that before the game, I would have changed my defence tatics. Anyways two tackles and a pass deflection.