TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Goal line blitz

My mentality for kick/punt returners is to get some extra play for WR and CB's to help them level. Maybe I should put Onita into the mix?

Have no problems with that, would save me some energy. Made 5 KR last match, along with a few plays.

Well then, he must be really good at it.

I found someone who has 60 some-odd pancakes.

Strength: 46.79 Blocking: 47

Speed: 8 Tackling: 11.6

Agility: 13.54 Throwing: 7

Jumping: 10 Catching: 10

Stamina: 15.51 Carrying: 8

Vision: 17.59 Kicking: 8

Confidence: 11.6 Punting: 10

Yeah..that's just inhuman right there.

Put everything including equipment into strength and blocking? Well, that's one way to do it I guess. As long as he doesn't have to pull he should do ok.

On another note, I usually played games on normal intensity and I play ok, but nothing too special (a tackle or so a game). We play the top team in the division, so I move it up to Hard intensity, which I don't normally do since it drains your stamina faster. The result? Maybe a half dozen plays fewer than usual, but 6 tackles (3 for a loss). So I recommend that if you don't play games at Hard intensity, do so.

They've only scored 9 points in four games. They're really bad.

And that's the team that caused the rule change! The owner cut his entire roster and forced a tie in the opening game because he didn't have any players on his team. Now teams are replenished with CPU players if they lack enough men to play.

EDIT: Kickoff returns, not as easy as they look:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=697486

About as close to Leon Letting as you can get.

Yo, Ced, you thought about making Annie a Deion type and putting her third on the WR depth chart? I was looking at stats, and Annie's numbers compare very well with Chris and Allison.

We have fairly good rotation at WR and lv 7 and 8 CPU's are waiting in the wings to relieve Allison and Chriswok. I say it's a risky proposition considering to put Annie into the WR charts since she's the top CB and the talent at corner tapers off alot quicker than at wideout.

Yo, Ced, you thought about making Annie a Deion type and putting her third on the WR depth chart? I was looking at stats, and Annie's numbers compare very well with Chris and Allison.

We have fairly good rotation at WR and lv 7 and 8 CPU's are waiting in the wings to relieve Allison and Chriswok. I say it's a risky proposition considering to put Annie into the WR charts since she's the top CB and the talent at corner tapers off alot quicker than at wideout.

You seem to be missing the point. Of course it doesn't make sense, but it'd be totally neato torpedo!

3-27.

Again, our team ripped us in the 2nd half.

Offense was inept once again with Ortega throwing 2 INT's.

Looking at our next opponent, the Cochabamba Pirates, I'm thinking of moving Ian Gordon to left guard to try to exploit their low level DT and DE on that side. I'm also thinking of possibly upping the percentage of runs to the outside in hopes that we run to the left and that Gordon and Guillermo-Sanchez break through the line quick enough to move onto blocking the LBs.

Well, this was fantastic for my pancake stats (7 this game!), but probably not the best strategy overall. You really want to put me on the strongest defender, as I'll be able to block pretty much anyone, but some of the other linemen need some help, and should probably get as easy of an assignment as possible.

Also, I don't think 50+ pancakes is all that ridiculous. I've got 20 and I've only played in 7 games. If you figure that the players who've been around the whole season not only had more games to play in, but more games to get their stats boosted and more games when the opposition was weak, I think it's perfectly reasonable.

I just did a bit of tactic re-alignment.

Set sub to the 60 out, 0 in rule.

Gave our FB only 15% of the running with 85% going to our HB.

Switched up our coverage to 55/45 zone / man. I think that was a big part of us getting beat was we were spending more time dropping into zone when honestly, looking at things now we've got the talent in the backfield to chance some more man to man.

Also, I forget who's playing him but whoever is playing Lebeau.. please set your training to relaxed for a while so you can get your stam back up.

Our next three games are against the first and ninth place teams (currently) in our conf with our last game being the 6th place team in the Zeta conf.

Any ideas or what not, either post 'em here or post to our team's private forum.

I think the 0/60 thing sounds like a bad idea. At a lot of positions our starters are worse than our reserves; no point running them into the ground. I have my own team, (the Georgia Tec-9s), and I use 45/70 for the subs.

Also, I tend to make the vast majority of the throws short, and focus most of the defense on defending short too since most QBs at this level (especially ours) have difficulty with the deep ball.

Awesome. Just wanted to put that little bit out. *shrug*

http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=6371

Is a good thread I found the other night that breaks down the positions by type and gives a little run down as to what you might want to level up in to try and maximize your position.

My OT finally got a pancake, and my WR continues to "struggle" due to being on a team with a better starting receiver. I'm averaging only 7 yards a pass and like 2 yards per carry. I wasn't even put on kick return duty this game, and nobody else on my team made any more of a dent than I would have. I think I'll be a strong force on the Smartmarks FC once my contract runs out.

Regarding Rando's players, the only problem is at the moment we don't have the talent. I guess I could throw a G and a CPU-owned WR at Manitoba, but I doubt they would bite.

Tweaked the depth chart to add recently signed players to it. Looking ahead, next game against Ridgerunners and it's looking to be the hardest game of the season.

God Ced, PLEASE get me off of my team when my contract is up in the middle of next season. The team is tanking and while my player's stats are getting pretty good and his production is improving, there's nothing I can do to stop it. I'm drowning! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So exactly what privileges do I have as GM? I noticed that Smartmarks FC was listed as a GM'd team when I went to my home page, but when I went to the team page, I couldn't see the tactics or change the depth chart or anything.