TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Goal line blitz

Oof. It's tough to see my player struggle in his very first game (his best play was a 7.5 yd. rush up the gut http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=764649). I'm still new to this, so if there's anything out of whack on my character's stats, let me know ( http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=95639 ).

Also, I'm interested in picking up some equipment. What are the team's colors?

If you want us to see your stats, you're gonna need to change the settings you have to "let all view" or "let team view" so we can see what you've got set up.

This is a link that is on one of the forums. It gives a good breakdown of all the positions and how to build them up depending on what you want to do. It's not an end all be all, but it gives you a good base.

First, if you haven't done so.. create the equipment. Blue/White are the team colors so you could use that.. or grey in place of white.

If you're wanting to rush more, then I would suggest you start bumping up your agility, vision and speed. Strength so you can get past tackles too.

Also, when you start deciding to boost your skill tree again, focus more on your offensive stats.

So exactly what privileges do I have as GM? I noticed that Smartmarks FC was listed as a GM'd team when I went to my home page, but when I went to the team page, I couldn't see the tactics or change the depth chart or anything.

Whoops, forgot to set those. My fault. Now you should have GM capabilities, iggy.

Well, first things first. I basically leveled up twice tonight. Whoo hoo! Not only did I get my 5 skill points for reaching Level 8, but I also got 4 more bonus skill points for being able to upgrade my equipment. God knows how many pancakes I might get this game.

As for the GMing, I made a couple changes there too. Dropped our blitz frequency from 40% to 1%. (If the other team has a decent O-line, you're not getting sacks in this game ever.) Cut down on the longer throws too, and am about to do some scouting to see what we want to do on defense.

Wow, for being a backup WR Allison Onita got used quite a bit. Annie yet again couldn't come up with an INT - if anyone wants to look at my stats and give suggestions please do.

Onita's got a lot of speed, think I should start modifying her for KRing maybe? Roleplaying ftw!

-Annie

14-27 loss, despite that I'm actually pretty satisfied considering it was against one of the top teams in our league.

Props to Geru Ortega, throwing his first 2 career TDs and preventing a complete debacle. Seems they focused on our rush attack and proceeded to stuff it badly.

MGS is about to become a lv. 8 so I'll be pumping him up seeing as Los Gatos are a bit soft defensively.

EDIT: Holy junk, double leveling by upgrading my equipment is completely rad. I'll be sad if me and Gordon don't go all IHOP next game.

Eh, one of the worse games I've had with Alex. 3 tackles and a PD with over 50 plays.

Kosuke had a decent debut and hopfully its something to build off of

Ugh. Just one pass deflected - although the Kick returns for both my players is getting intense. I may have to give Annie points in kick returning the way things are going.

Allison had a decent game for a backup WR with only 16 plays. Wish they both could've contributed more but like you said, one of the top teams in our league.

So top 8 of each conference goes to the playoffs - we're facing the 8th place team coming up next - a win there would be huge for our playoff hopes, I think we'd clinch a spot actually. Don't know how tiebreakers work here but just eyeballing it I think we'd be pretty safe. Especially since we could be facing the #2 or 3 team in the Zeta conference for the last game. So lets get those Angels!!!

-Annie

Being much more blunt here than at the GLB forum: I'm giving the boot to an offensive guard that's been no-showing. If anybody wants in or a secondary player, then there you go.

Just try to dump him on some unsuspecting single or double A team. Maybe they won't check our roster to see he hasn't logged in since the 26th..?

A very surprising and disappointing loss. Outside of their passing for nearly 400 yards, we completely outperformed them.

Huge, huge, HUGE question mark on GLB switching over to the backup QBs in OT. Geru was having a great game so I don't understand the sub-in at all.

Did ya see me mashing faces? I ran through their Safety and their lineman!

And then we lost.

In OT.

Was the sub a glitch? Or was Geru just toasted from throwing the ball that much? He was hucking skin alot this game compared to others.

His energy after the game was no less than after any other game, in the 80s. The sub may not have been a glitch since it came at the very end of the 4th quarter, but it definitely cost us the game.

They always do that unless the QB has really good stamina. The QB on my other team was up to Level 8 last game and he still misses a few plays toward the end, but he recovers fast enough that they don't leave him out for long stretches.

Super disappointing loss though. To have a 24-6 lead with 5:00 in the 3rd and a 27-20 lead with less than 2:00 in the game and still lose is rough. We outplayed them too. They just got their yardage in chunks and got TDs out of it instead of FGs.

It was a stamina issue. Los Gatos had their backup QB in a few times as well (even alternating QBs on four consecutive plays). With all the passes he was throwing, I can't blame him.

EDIT: And my kicker's being shipped to another team that my current team's new owner also owns. At least the new team's not eliminated from playoff contention at the moment, though they're seventh in the conference with two games to play (in a six-game season, no less.)

Actually Chris I think we just put higher level CPU players in to try and win and get into the play offs. I'm pretty sure you are still on the team.

Annie tried, nabbing her 2nd INT and getting another KR in.

Allison again getting subbed in and being nasty on punt returns. I'm going to up her speed and carrying if that's the case, heh.

Annie hit lvl. 8 so I got regular level upgrades plus the equip upgrades. Next I'm going to get some flex points for custom equip - you can boost an entire skill tree for 300 pts. Annie's going to be ballin' soon.

-Annie

Well, while I haven't done much to help Smartmarks FC to get to the playoffs, my Georgia Tec-9s, (the team I own) just came up with a huge win today over the previously 13-1 Warsaw Legioniers, 20-16. We've now beaten the top two teams in the league in the last two weeks and are 6-1 since I took over as owner.