TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Goal line blitz

Whoo hoo! Despite 5 straight losses, it looks like we backed into the playoffs. Losses by the Caracas Crackers and the Carolina Wildcats were enough to get the job done. Would be nice if we could finally break our losing streak when it matters most.

Well, I'm going to see if I can get out of the last few games of my contract (I signed in midseason so I've still got like 5 games on my contract. They REALLY need to fix that). I'm hoping he cuts me so I can catch on someplace else. I don't know what settings the owner uses for games, but whatever they are they're wrong. Last game was the third in a row that statistically speaking we should have won yet didn't. I've already got my equipment all boosted so I've got plenty of money to train intensely during the offseason.

So we drew the Pirates for a chance to avenge the bad loss in the regular season. Our tactics have changed up and now Geru's up to speed so we have a passing game. Our tactics have been rather successful, but we just fall into a slump in the second half. I think I'm going to train stamina on my guys so hopefully they can stay in longer and contribute more.

Hmmm, maybe I should put my custom equip for stamina since I haven't touched it and might help. If anything we'll see how the cutsom equip works :D

edit - never mind, when I saw what I could do with it...

Ok Ced - check over both my player's stats, see if Allison's decent enough for a starting job - maxed her out to lvl 6 and whatnot.

Annie's pimped out pretty good, and her pass defense bar jumped big time :D if you can get flex points for it, max out the custom. It's huge!

-Annie

Aye, what really sucks is that we didn't have a second half collapse like we had been having either.

Guh. Just guh.

I got 3 tackles, a few pass deflections but meh. We tried I guess. Next season hopefully Annie and Allison can contribute more. 4/20 right? Gotta get some more flex points :D

-Annie

New teams released sometime the night of 4/22 in Pacific Time (somewhere between 6pm and midnight is the guess, but there's no official time to avoid a rush.) Postseason will probably last a day or two beyond that and then season 2 begins.

New teams just went live. I snagged a GM position....merely by not specifically requesting it, if the owner's eagerness to give it to me is any indication.

EDIT: Season should start this upcoming Saturday...just in time for the NFL draft.

Yeah, level 8 is a big turning point. Boosting all your gear and adding to your custom equip is nice.

I'm fully boosted and ready to go. Level 12 run stuffing DT ready to go do grunt work for another season.

10-9 loss in our first game this season.

Aggggghhhhhh, how do we keep losing?! Our team is better than most of these people we're playing, from position to position.

They had a kickoff return touchdown...by a defensive end.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=1390746

Unrelated note, we need more corners. Annie's idle and we only have 2 humans anyway; the CPU CBs are just terrible and they're playing nickel, dime and substituting for the two humans. I'll make one if nobody else has the FP, I was planning on buying some soon anyway.