TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Huge Chunk of Ice Breaks Off of Antarctica

While I obviously set myself up for many many "EFA" posts to follow, I surely should not post before 10 am EST.

Still.

pbone, I am not a science guy (there's a reason it was the lowest score on my ACT), but how do you account for this?

'Sun not behind global warming'

...solar physicists at Britain's Rutherford Appleton Laboratory and the University of Southampton, along with colleague Claus Froehlich of the World Radiation Centre in Dorf, Switzerland, have found that while solar activity may have played a role in climate change in the first half of the last century, it is not driving the recent rapid warming.

Their conclusion was based on a study of all the available solar data for the past 100 years.

They found no correlation between total solar radiation, the number of sun spots or cosmic ray intensity and global warming since 1985.

"Our results show that the observed rapid rise in global mean temperatures seen after 1985 cannot be ascribed to solar variability," they will report this week in the Proceedings of the Royal Society A.

University of Melbourne climate scientist David Karoly commented: "These findings completely refute the allegations made by some pseudo-scientists that all recent global warming is due to solar effects..."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...0-30417,00.html