TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

OAO WWE is ECW Thread - 3/25/08

Preview: Mayhem before 'Mania?

March 25, 2008

On the final ECW before WrestleMania XXIV, Superstars will surely be looking to secure an advantage for their contests at The Granddaddy of Them All.

CM Punk is coming into WrestleMania week strong after earning a Six-Man Tag Team Match victory with partners Jesse & Festus. The Straightedge Superstar has money on his mind; with a win in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, Punk will have the opportunity to challenge again for a much-coveted championship. Shelton Benjamin, who was on the losing side of last week’s contest, will look to turn the tables and generate some momentum for Money in the Bank. His partner in the Six-Man Tag Team Match, John Morrison, will be looking to do the same. The Shaman of Sexy qualified for the contest when he beat fellow WWE Tag Team Champion, The Miz, on SmackDown. Will any of these ECW Superstars get a final leg up on Sci Fi?

ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero is also in good spirits after defeating Colin Delaney and denying him an ECW contract last Tuesday. Guerrero is ready for the tri-brand 24-Man WrestleMania Battle Royal to determine his next challenger for the ECW Championship. Chavo's destruction of Delaney was a warning message that rang loud and clear across the Land of the Extreme. Will Chavo have anything to say as WrestleMania XXIV draws closer? Will any of the Battle Royal participants look to make a final splash?

What will happen just five days before the biggest night of the year? Find out on ECW on Sci Fi, tonight 10/9 CT.

I find it funny that ECW is still in it's own little world. I'm surprised they didn't mention Punk lost last night.

Is London still injured? I don't see him on the face side.

Otherwise, it looks like no Stevie Richards or Colin Delaney (which makes sense, I suppose, since he didn't win his "contract" last week.)

I don't believe there was a Big Daddy V either.

It's looking like still, the most logical option to win, and win the title, is Kane.

And what a horrible choice to get the pin...

(lol, Snitksy....and his team.)

Did they seriously just announce the winners as "Snitsky and his team?"

Granted, it'd take too long to name out all 12 men, but that's still a hilarious touch.

Yea, Kane's winning the battle royal. Though it would be hilarious to have someone completley random like Jesse or Val Venis get the duke.

Only thing I didn't like about that match is...why team up all the heels? Cuz they're assholes? They should hate each other too. They should team up the heels and faces and make them work together.

I don't believe there was a Big Daddy V either.

It's looking like still, the most logical option to win, and win the title, is Kane.

And what a horrible choice to get the pin...

(lol, Snitksy....and his team.)

Based on the fact that Kofi Kingston got his entrance and would probably have a good match with Chavo, Id say hes an outside shot as well.

I'm slightly confused.

So the ECW battle royal is an online only dark match at WM, and then the winner will face Chavo on the actual show? Is that how it's working now?

I'm slightly confused.

So the ECW battle royal is an online only dark match at WM, and then the winner will face Chavo on the actual show? Is that how it's working now?

Considering how the last few years theyve done a dark match battle royal before WM to put on the DVD as a bonus, it makes sense but its dumb in a way as well.

Is amazing that Carlito has the worse chin lock in a company where chin locks are encourraged.

He also has the most hair when they usually make people cut theirs...

and this has been a spiffy match but the problem is no one cares that much for either of them..crowd is slowly getting into it