Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dr Pepper officially declares support for Chinese Democracy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Contact:Chris Kooluris

Ketchum for Dr.

Pepper

(646) 935-4098

[email protected]

DR PEPPER WILL GIVE EVERYONE* IN AMERICA A FREE SODA IF AXL ROSE RELEASES NEW GUNS N’ ROSES ALBUM, CHINESE DEMOCRACY, IN 2008

*Guitarists Slash and Buckethead Will Not Be Eligible For Free Soda

PLANO, Texas (March 26, 2008) – Tired of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers and musicals about high schoolers pass as rock ‘n roll music, Dr Pepper is encouraging (ok, begging) Axl Rose to finally release his 17-year-in-the-making belabored masterpiece, Chinese Democracy, in 2008.

In an unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl, everyone in America, except estranged GNR guitarists Slash and Buckethead, will receive a free can of Dr Pepper if the album ships some time -- anytime! -- in 2008. Dr Pepper supports Axl, and fully understands that sometimes you have to make it through the jungle before you get it right.

"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper’s special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love,” said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. “So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection – for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds - an instant classic.

Show your support for Axl and get on the nightrain of encouragement at http://www. chinesedemocracywhen. blogspot. com/ -

Dr. Pepper to Give Away Free Product If Axl Rose Releases 'Chinese Democracy'

Posted Mar 25th 2008 9:50PM by Kim Davis

Filed under: News, Holy Hell

Dr. Pepper is imploring Axl Rose to put out his album that's been an astounding 17 years in the making. The creators of the curiously candy-like beverage have promised that if Rose releases Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' at any point in 2008, everyone in America will receive a free can of Dr. Pepper.

But free soda aside, the best part about the proposal might just be the way the company is not only relating to, but sympathizing with, the 46-year-old singer. "It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients that our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr. Pepper -- not even blinking at her nod to the band's 1989 hit 'Patience.' "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album." What's more? The "everyone" in their promise comes with a big, wickedly funny asterisk: According to the Dr., both Slash and Buckethead will be left off the gift list. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Feel like supporting the cause? Head here to get involved.

http://www. spinner. com/2008/03/25/dr-peppe... releases-chine/

Last night I made a float with some cookie dough ice cream and a can of Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper. Highly recommended.

That sounds awesome. I've never seen cherry chocolate Dr. Pepper before.

It's a little overwhelming after the first 8 ounces, but imagine an improved version of the crappy chocolate soda your grandparents might have bought from Pathmark or ShopRite. I only started seeing it a month ago, but I think it's in most supermarket chains now. High marks as far as weird novelty sodas go.

As I do whenever there's a GnR topic, I'm gonna go watch the "Estranged" and "You Could Be Mine" videos now. Dolphins and terminators, son.

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

That's an actual statement from Axl, or at least someone associated with him. Very nice of Axl to offer Buckethead part of his can.

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

That's an actual statement from Axl, or at least someone associated with him. Very nice of Axl to offer Buckethead part of his can.

Wow...it's like a kinder, gentler Axl.

Axl Rose

Bitch, please. You know it's not coming out this year

Guest Bullshiterica
It's a little overwhelming after the first 8 ounces, but imagine an improved version of the crappy chocolate soda your grandparents might have bought from Pathmark or ShopRite.

For sentimental value, nothing can improve upon the Canfield's Chocolate Fudge that my grandmother buys from Jewel-Osco.

Never seen this, but I like Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper a bunch if it's in light rotation. Dr. Pepper in any of its iterations causes some pretty quick taste bud fatigue, so I can drink a lot of it for like a week and then none for months. I'll never tire of Diet Barq's. It's ice-cold, complex, and cuts through the pizza you're eating like a sarsaparilla sword of Odin. There's really nothing else I can drink with that.

It's a little overwhelming after the first 8 ounces, but imagine an improved version of the crappy chocolate soda your grandparents might have bought from Pathmark or ShopRite.

For sentimental value, nothing can improve upon the Canfield's Chocolate Fudge that my grandmother buys from Jewel-Osco.

Never seen this, but I like Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper a bunch if it's in light rotation. Dr. Pepper in any of its iterations causes some pretty quick taste bud fatigue, so I can drink a lot of it for like a week and then none for months. I'll never tire of Diet Barq's. It's ice-cold, complex, and cuts through the pizza you're eating like a sarsaparilla sword of Odin. There's really nothing else I can drink with that.

God I can't drink diet soda (besides the occasional Diet Dr. Pepper), I can taste the artificial sweetener giving me cancer.

Am I the only one here who doesn't drink soda at all? I can't be alone in my hatred of carbonated drinks.

I dont drink it... but I love it. It's just so bad for you.

I was a non-soda guy for years, but have Diet Pepsi back into my rotation. I find regular, non-diet soda to be a bit sugary/syrupy for my tastes. The choice to go diet has little or nothing to do with the caloric value of the product.

As far as Chinese Democracy is concerned, it's never coming out. I saw G n R live about 16 months ago and there more than enough tracks to cobble together an album. There's nothing more to do, which made me finally realize that Axl will never let this thing see the light of day.

This shit will be released when Axl dies and the rights to it all gets whored out, or when Axl goes broke.

I drink pop, but I'm working on quitng again. I quit drnking it for 3 months and drank nothing but Vitamin ater, and I felt great. Then I drank a little bit, and now I'm back to having to drink a can in the morning to avoid a migraine again.

Shit is wack, son. But it is delicious.

I do hope this album comes out in my lifetime, though. I dig the majority of the material that I've heard so far, and if it ever hits stores I'm most definetly buying a copy of that mofucker.

Guest (Loggins Name)

Paul, I taste the cherry, and I sure taste the chocolate, but I can't taste the Dr. Pepper! At least it doesn't taste like Dr. Pepper Red Fusion. We had 11 cans of a 12-pack of that vile shit in our garage fridge for over a year.

sarsaparilla sword of Odin.

When I was at the store today, I bought some Diet Barq's mostly because of this. They should use it as a marketing slogan.

A major music-oriented television channel has pitched an idea for a reality series to Axl Rose, according to sources close to the project.

The show, which would appear on a cable channel that asked not to be identified, would follow the troubled rocker as his continues his decade-long effort to release the Guns N' Roses project "Chinese Democracy."

Rose has been laboring on tracks for the project on-and-off since mid-1994, and in both 2006 and 2007 gave several interviews promising the album would be finished "within the year."

The sound of Chinese Democracy has often reported to be industrial rock music similar to Nine Inch Nails and Ministry, a style that Rose had long been a fan of. But the tracks that have surfaced online show a variety of sounds, with tinges of everything from Ministry to Queen to classic Guns N' Roses.

According to sources at Geffen (Rose's music label) a version of "Chinese Democracy" has been finished and delivered to the label. But there are still outstanding issues between the singer and the label, not the least of which is a recording cost for the project which (depending on who you believe), has reached between $11 and $15 million. Another stickler is the digital rights for the tracks, along with some proposed "bonus" tracks Geffen would like to release digitally.

This reality show project would be part of a larger effort to build buzz for an album which faces a number of promotional hurdles. Rose's recent concert appearances have been erratic at best, and many fans of the classic Guns N' Roses lineup are going to require some persuasion before embracing this new sound. Rose is also not an especially "journalist-friendly" preformer, making promotion for the project even more difficult.

The new (still untitled) reality show would follow Rose and his band as they prepare for release of the album. It would include behind-the-scenes rehearsal and studio footage, as well as interviews with a number of the participants. "There is a lot of footage to choose from," said a network source. "Some of it is incredibly personal and revealing about Axl's life."

According to the network source, the deal for the show is "close, but not signed." Part of the holdup seems to be the timing, as the particpants want to integrate the show into a timeline with the leadup to the album's release, along with the announcment of a limited number of concert dates.

Efforts to get a comment from Axl or his management have so far been unsuccessful.

If Axl had a reality show, I would definitely watch it.

If the only thing holding back the album is production costs and potential royalties, you would think that Geffen would just suck it up to get the album out.

I love how what's dooming this album has nothing to do with the record itself, but rather the fact that the music industry has crashed so badly in the last few years that NO record could possibly sell enough anymore to recoup the production costs.

Axl could put out the greatest album ever recorded today and it won't sell half as well as if he'd put out the shittiest record in the world 5 or 6 years ago.

One thing I like about Axl is that he has laid low for so long. I've thought of this reality show deal as something that they might do for a while now. But, I think it's a bad idea for Axl Rose. He'd be bringing a lot of attention upon himself and would probably crack. Hopefully they don't do anything like they've done with Bret Micheals or Flava Flav. But, if that's what it takes to get this album in my hands, I'll watch