TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/28

From Torch

=========================

DARK MATCH

Ron Killings vs. Kenny Dykstra

Unlike his match against Paul London last night, Killings was working as a face and got a great response. A lot of people responded to his WHAT'S UP yells. He pinned Dykstra after an axe kick.

SMACKDOWN

Mini Battle Royal -- Kane vs. Chuck Palumbo vs. Mark Henry vs. The Great Khali

ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero came out to do guest commentary. Khali eliminates both Kane and Palumbo. Henry and Khali trade strikes. Henry picks up Khali for a bodyslam and throws him out to win. Henry got a huge face pop for dumping Khali. After the match Chavo sneaks in and attacks Henry. He works on him until Henry recovers. Henry gives Chavo the world's strongest slam and then hits him with a big splash.

Backstage, Teddy Long is with Eve Torres, Cherry, and Michelle McCool. He announces Eve has been eliminated from the Diva competition. Victoria and Maryse show up to yell. Long announces the only solution is to have a "Divas Super Soaker/Water Balloon Tag Team Match."

Promos are shown revealing that Edge will hold a funeral ceremony tonight for The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak.

CM Punk vs. John Morrison

Punk gave Morrison a top-rope frankensteiner during the match. Punk gets the win after reversing Morrison's neckbreaker into a Go 2 Sleep.

Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, & The Miz vs. Jesse, Festus, & Kofi Kingston

The faces get the win when Kingston nails Miz with a kick while the tag teams are brawling outside.

Batista vs. Snitsky

Batista totally squashed Snitsky. Spear, spinebuster, Batista-bomb. Match didn't even last 45 seconds. After the match, Batista grabs a chair and hits a Batista-bomb on it.

Divas Super Soaker/Water Balloon Match -- Victoria & Maryse vs. Michelle McCool & Cherry.

Eve is named the special guest referee. Victoria came out wearing goggles, a snorkel, and children's arm floats. The water balloons ended up getting thrown at Michael Cole, Coach, and even some fans in the front row got hit. McCool & Cherry win after McCool hits Victoria with a modified suplex. Eve poured a bucket of water on Maryse after the match.

Chris Jericho vs. MVP

Neither title was on the line. MVP came out to distract the fans from the ring crew replacing the ring mat. Probably won't air. Jericho reversed a Playmaker attempt into the Walls of Jericho. MVP escapes the ring and grabs the US Title. He is DQed for trying to hit Jericho with it, but he misses. Jericho gives MVP a Codebreaker.

Funeral ceremony time. The ring is done up with black wreathes and roses. There is a portrait of Undertaker on an an easel with a casket in the ring. Edge, Hawkins, and Ryder are all wearing black suits. Edge gives a "eulogy" of Undertaker's career. He goes over a list of everyone that Taker has beaten at WrestleMania. GM Vickie Guerrero comes out and says she has a surprise for Edge. It's a video done in a movie trailer style of superhero Edge beating Taker. When the video ends, Edge says a final prayer. During the prayer, the lights go out and Taker's gong plays. Taker emerges from the casket and attacks Edge while Ryder and Hawkins bail. Edge escapes and the show ends with Taker posing in the ring.

DARK MATCH

Ric Flair, Batista, & The Undertaker vs. Edge, Big Show, & MVP

The faces win when Taker tombstones Edge while Flair gets MVP to tap out to the figure four. After the match, Batista grabs a microphone and thanks Flair for being a friend and being an integral part of both his professional and personal life. Flair takes the mic. Flair thanks the fans of Fayetteville for supporting him throughout his career. He says that if Sunday really is the end of the line for him, he is thankful that he was able to perform in Fayetteville one last time. He was getting choked up badly during this. Taker didn't take the mic, but he hugged Flair and raised his arm to the crowd. All three walked out together.

Pretty pathetic they couldn't put Flair's last Fayetteville match on TV with all the brand extension disparity going on. Oh well, we need our Divas water matches right?

Making WWE Champion Randy Orton tap is a pretty awesome way to end your last TV match (if that is in fact the case) so I won't really complain about them not doing anything else to risk lessening that moment.

Making WWE Champion Randy Orton tap is a pretty awesome way to end your last TV match (if that is in fact the case) so I won't really complain about them not doing anything else to risk lessening that moment.

Absolutely, personally I found it great watching the last person Flair beat was the WWE Champion.

Okay, this eulogy thing that heels do as a promo is getting really old. Didn't Mark Henry do the same exact thing before their big ppv match?

Is it just me, or does any one else get a little scared when they encorporate water in matches? It seems to me that if someone is setting up for a move and happens to step in a particularly wet part of the ring, that could result in some serious injuries.

Seems rather lacklustre. Wwe has done a horrid job of building hype going into WM. The only two matches I am really interested in are Flair/HBK and Mayweather/Big Show. Wwe really dropped the ball with the title matches.

Taker coming out of a casket is so predictable that I don't even know why WWE keeps doing these segments with heels leading up to their matches with Taker.

Logically, you'd think Edge would have known by now what happens when there's a CASKET in a segment.

I await for the day when the casket to start moving and shaking violently and the heel casually saying "I nailed the casket shut so Taker can't get out."

Awesome! Book it

The video package for Edge in the last segment was awesome!! Edge did the best pre-WM "eulogy" speech. I have been waiting for this match a long time and I REALLY can't wait. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most interesting match on the card. I just hope it gets decent ring-time. I want Taker to keep the streak, but this year more than ever before, WWE should make a real effort to put us on the Edge(pun intended!).