TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

Seven Years...

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss WCW?

• Yes
    • No

Today marks seven years since the end of WCW. I personally miss the company as it had a different feel to WWE. I know alot has been said about how WCW went downhill towards the end, but they had more great moments than bad ones- and not just the obvious ones like the formation of the nWo. I even miss Tony Schiavone's commentating.

We will never have another time like the Monday Night Wars and I loved it.

WCW rules!!

What do you think of WCW? Does it feel like it's been seven years since the end?

Discuss.

Does it feel like it's been seven years since the end?

It feels a lifetime has passed since then. Damn I miss the Monday Night Wars. Being a fan used to be so much more fun.

Yeah I miss it. Even at its worst WCW was at least another wrestling show on TV and gave a bunch of guys a paycheck. Doesn't really seem like a lifetime ago to me though...in fact it seems almost like it was yesterday.

Seven years does seem about the right time, I know this is beating a dead horse when I say this, but at least WCW offered an alternative.

One of my personal favourite things on a Friday when I was in school was watching Raw and then Nitro would come on 2 hours later, here in the UK.

Then they decided to put Nitro before Thunder on the same night here.

You were looking at five hours roughly of back to back WCW every week.

When it was hot, it was red hot, but when it was same old WCW, it was torture.

Would I have it back today?

Absolutely, but i'd still be a WWE fan first, always was.

I miss it to an extent. I miss the fact the WWE doesn't have serious competition to keep them on their toes. The Monday Night Wars were at its peak during the time I was in high school so I have fond memories of that whole period. Monday night was such an anticipated time for a while. I miss the atmosphere of that. Even though I knew about the sale, seeing Vince McMahon open the last episode of Nitro was the most surreal thing I've ever watched in terms of wrestling.

In fact, when I was a sophomore (1998), we had to write a letter to ourselves 10 years in the future. Classmates of mine have started getting theirs so I'm anxious to see mine considering I know I have a portion in there that documented what was happening in the wrestling world at the time (We're talking around mid to late February 1998 - a month before Austin's first title win and about the time of Sting/Hogan at Superbrawl).

I've always been more of a WWE fan then a WCW fan, but what I always dug about WCW was the outstanding mid-card guys they had, and the nice little matches they used to have every week. Also, I loved how WCW was big enough to be a serious contender and actually made both themselves and the WWE better as result

I was always more of a NWA/WCW fan so now I just kind of float between dvds of classic wrestling, roh, japan, and WWE/TNA ppvs. I usually miss the tv shows due to work, but tend to be able to catch atleast one wrestling show a week, and keep up via the net.

I voted both. I miss WCW because it was a place to see PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING on TV. Even during the horrible days, from the Fingerpoke of Doom through the New Blood, there were still a few damn solid matches here and there. Hell, I even remember Shawn Stasiak putting on a fun match with Booker T at GAB 2k. Yes, I said it: I ENJOYED A SHAWN STASIAK MATCH. It was another place for guys not in the WWF to work and not have their checks bounce, and it was fun to watch during Raw commercial breaks, or while bored with the Drew Carey Show on ABC on Wednesday's (in '01) or during SmackDown commercials.

That said, there is a televised alternative to WWE that is an exact replica of WCW. It's called TNA. It has enough solid wrestling action to appease most diehard fans, and the storylines are so stupid that it's amazing how little the people who run the company forgot about what helped WCW's ratings die.

Guest tom cody

Yes I miss WCW, at least they gave an alternative to the WWE which made things interesting.

Guest blue2

Yeah I miss WCW as well. It was another place for guys to wrestle and it was an alternative. So I would have them back in a Heart beat. WCW was my childhood for a while too.