TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

WEC: Faber vs. Pulver

The Sacramento Bee is reporting a sellout crowd of 12,682, which is easily the highest attended WEC event in history, i believe.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/981344.html

If you happen to read the article that I linked, it seems that most fighters were happily suprised at how many people attended the show and were very pleased with the support. IMO, it came off live-in-person as well as the UFC show at Arco did a year or so ago. The only real difference was UFC might have been a little fancier during pre-fights with the video montages but other then that WEC put on a really good live production.

I thought the 135 fight was FOTN and is my current FOTY. It was more varied than Pulver/Faber and it brought THE HATE. Manny looked PISSED at some points during the fight and that, coupled with Maeda's dicking around, made for a more intense fight.

The total disclosed payroll for the event was $260,000. The average salary was $11,818.

The full list of salaries included:

* Urijah Faber ($44,000) def. Jens Pulver ($33,000)

* Miguel Torres ($28,000) def. Yoshiro Maeda ($6,000)

* Mark Munoz ($16,000) def. Chuck Grigsby ($3,000)

* Rob McCullough ($32,000) def. Kenneth Alexander ($3,000)

* Donald Cerrone ($10,000) def. Danny Castillo ($3000)

* Mike Brown ($10,000) def. Jeff Curran ($10,000)

* Will Ribeiro ($6,000) def. Chase Beebe ($7,000)

* Tim McKenzie ($12,000) def. Jeremy Lang ($4,000)

* Alex Serdyukov ($6,000) def. Luis Sapo ($3,000)

* Jose Aldo ($6,000) def. Alexandre Franca Nogueira ($8,000)

* Dominic Cruz ($6,000) def. Charlie Valencia ($7,000)

I just watched the show for the first time on the DVR.....was that Clay Guida ringside where the fighters get vasolined up? Dude looked like he could hardly contain himself and wanted to jump into the ring himself.....lol.

If Faber gets a rematch with Griffin next(the only man to beat him in a hell of a fight) I wonder if they do it in Sacramento. Both of them grew up in the area and it would be interesting to see the crowd dynamic for that fight.

Oh and here are a couple pics from the show.....I was in the upper deck front row.....and yeah you already heard what happened with the overbooking, so we kinda lucked out....as far as the pics....well it was dark and I was drunk...not a good combo to be snapping pics of moving targets....lol.

100_1047.jpg

100_1069.jpg

100_1021.jpg

If you've got another one similar to the last one (but without the requisite devil horns. C'mon Mike - you call yourself a smark? :P ) I think you've got a winner for the sig...

If you've got another one similar to the last one (but without the requisite devil horns. C'mon Mike - you call yourself a smark? :P ) I think you've got a winner for the sig...

Yeah, haha the devil horns are kinda of a bad habit that comes out when I have been drinking heavily.....they show up at the most inoppurtune times....lol.