TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

With the dissolution of the General Discussion topic, it has come to my attention that there are certain comments that just don't warrant a thread. I can buy that. After all, there are no bad posts, just bad posters.

Think of this as a catch-all for inane comments and posts that lack any insight. This is not a news thread. REPEAT: This is not a news thread. No signings, no firings, no house show reports, nada.

Think of it like this. If you thought it looked like Shawn Michaels was stuffing his crotch on Raw, post it here. If you thought Shawn's match sucked, discuss it elsewhere. If you feel like your comment might generate thought and discussion, make a thread!

Do not abuse this topic. It is not intended to be a mega-thread. Screw up and I'll throw you in the Gulag with Leena.

I really miss Tajiri and his presence on WWE TV. He'd make a great addition to the upper card on ECW. I'd really enjoy seeing him against Punk, Morrison and Burke.

Not especially, no. Maybe as a joke title that someone just introduces somewhat similar to the drinking title in TNA. But as a proper belt I just don't see it happening. Would they really be able to put weekly male on female violence on TV without ruffling some feathers?

How did Candice get the Women's title when she apparently doesn't know how to deliver a dropkick without breaking her collar bone? Your first match back from a major injury is not the time to be testing out new landing theories.

EDIT: And on the subject of women, where's Mickie James been?

I think that's a little harsh. Candice isn't Trish, but she's put effort in to improve, which she certainly didn't have to on the basis of why she was hired. The first injury was a slightly reckless bump that went wrong, the second can surely be put down to a fluke accident? If she keeps Kennedying herself then yes, things need to be looked at.

However, in response to your question, Candice got the Women's Title because of how she looks. I think it was a happy bonus that she'd been putting effort into learning how to wrestle.

I say it only because I remember Tough Enough, and the dropkick was one of the first offensive moves they were taught beyond the basic punches & kicks. She has put in a lot of work, but how can you not know how to land on a dropkick when that's probably the first or second move you were taught? (I'm taking her WWE.com "I tried landing on my back to make it more forceful" as a "I landed on my back instead of where I should have landed" confession/work, on a side note)

A crazy thought occurred to me from this past Monday, when Santino pinned Maria.

Can anyone here see WWE making an Intergender Wrestling Championship belt?

Watching Raw on Monday when Lawler tagged out after one of the divas tagged in, I and probably a lot of other people thought that Andy Kaufman was probably looking down and just shaking his head at Lawler for doing that.

I think the only possible rational I can think of for that happening would be if they finally signed Mistico. The division itself was generally neglected unless they had someone they wanted to build it around and Mistico's the only person I could think of that would warrant that treatment.

A crazy thought occurred to me from this past Monday, when Santino pinned Maria.

rassle.gif

The One and Only Intergender Wrestling Champion of the World.

ak.jpg

No, not really. However, I'd love to see Santino proclaim himself as some sort of champion, complete with his very own title that he buys for himself.

EDIT:

He could just bring back the Euro title, but I'm not sure they'd want to mock that title (yeah, haha, I know), and it would take work to make the angle make sense.

More, from PWI:

Shortly after he was shown on air, he left the taping with the word being that WWE officials contacted him upset over the situation.

Meanwhile, word is making its way around backstage at the Impact taping that TNA talent and staff are barred by WWE from visiting the hotel WWE has put their performers and staff up in this weekend in Orlando.

if WWE had not done the whole fiasco with the "Terrorists" jumpin Taker, could Hassan have been a major star and possibly been a WWE champ at least once

Watch Robbie get fired for this. TNA is scum. He was probably there watching friends, not drawing attention to himself or sitting in the front row and they go out of their was to out him, and even use his real name.

Wwe should ban all TNA wrestlers from the HOF ceremony for this stunt.

Watch Robbie get fired for this. TNA is scum. He was probably there watching friends, not drawing attention to himself or sitting in the front row and they go out of their was to out him, and even use his real name.

From what I read (I don't remember which site but I only go on Gerweck.net, lordsofpain.net and wrestlview.com) TNA officials told their wrestlers not to go to the HOF ceremony for fear that they might end up on TV.

From what I read (I don't remember which site but I only go on Gerweck.net, lordsofpain.net and wrestlview.com) TNA officials told their wrestlers not to go to the HOF ceremony for fear that they might end up on TV.

You know, if I'm Sting... I'd be very torn. It would be kind of weird not to have him somewhere in the crowd when Ric Flair is going in the Hall of Fame.

According to Wikipedia, Santino Marella's finishers are a Triangle Choke and a Swinging Neckbreaker. I have never seen him beat anyone with those moves ever. The only move I've seen Santino win with is School Boy Rollup 3.

Guest Diablo_Dor

I fast forwarded through ECW this morning (its shown on a Thursday Night in the UK)

Is anyone else shocked they allowed Mike Knox to use what is essentially the "Mike Check"?

I know Kennedy has been in the doghouse, but there is NO way anyone else would have been allowed the Rock Bottom, or God forbid the Pedigree during the ascension to the top of those two.

Guest Bigelow34
More, from PWI:

Shortly after he was shown on air, he left the taping with the word being that WWE officials contacted him upset over the situation.

Meanwhile, word is making its way around backstage at the Impact taping that TNA talent and staff are barred by WWE from visiting the hotel WWE has put their performers and staff up in this weekend in Orlando.

I'd be pretty upset if I were him. Like said above, he was just checking out some friends, why screw the poor guy. I hope they are ready to offer him a job if he gets canned. That wasn't cool and it only makes TNA look desperate anyway. "Look, DW! A WWE jobber to the stars is in our crowd! TNA! TNA!"

if WWE had not done the whole fiasco with the "Terrorists" jumpin Taker, could Hassan have been a major star and possibly been a WWE champ at least once

I believe he was booked to beat Batista for the World Title at Summerslam of that year, before that whole debacle happened. Personally, I never liked the guy. He was getting the cheapest heat imaginable, and had sub-par ring skills at best.

I fast forwarded through ECW this morning (its shown on a Thursday Night in the UK)

Is anyone else shocked they allowed Mike Knox to use what is essentially the "Mike Check"?

I know Kennedy has been in the doghouse, but there is NO way anyone else would have been allowed the Rock Bottom, or God forbid the Pedigree during the ascension to the top of those two.

In all fairness, Knox was using it long before Kennedy started using it

Guest Bigelow34

I believe he was booked to beat Batista for the World Title at Summerslam of that year, before that whole debacle happened. Personally, I never liked the guy. He was getting the cheapest heat imaginable, and had sub-par ring skills at best.

I know he was supposed to get the title shot, but I don't think they were planning on taking the belt of Batista just yet. He was going to beat Taker at GAB to win the shot, but he ended up getting buried and sent packing instead.

Sting should be allowed to the HoF tbh, for all the things Ric Flair did for Sting's career, it would be a piss take by TNA to deny him the chance to see one of his best friends get inducted.

Guest Diablo_Dor

I know he was supposed to get the title shot, but I don't think they were planning on taking the belt of Batista just yet. He was going to beat Taker at GAB to win the shot, but he ended up getting buried and sent packing instead.

I thought they were gonna take the belt off Batista in his HOME TOWN, wasn't Summerslam in Washington that year?

Also there was a REALLY interesting story that could have been developed around Hassan, with someone else "ordering" the terrorists with Hassan trying to refuse the help, tying in to his original character someone who was being tarred by the terrorist brush even though he himself was innocent.

Instead, we went straight to the Terror Cell without any reasonable excuse behind it.

the only thing I recall about that time was that I was offline before the PPV so the complete MURDER DEATH KILL of Hassan was a shock to me.