TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

After watching some of our lord and savior's new dvd on youtube, the question begs to be asked.

When do you believe Triple H acquired his hairplugs?

If you watch the 2/3 match with Michaels, his head looks like a graveyard.

Steroid use can cause the hair to thin out. HHH appeared to be heavily juicing at the time of the Michaels match. It's not out of the question that his hair would gain some of its body back now that he is supposedly off the heavy stuff.

I never got the comments on Triple H's hair loss back in the day. To me, it was an illusion due to the change in his hair. Up to that point, he had it pulled back or he always had it dry and well-maintained. When he turned into the Game character, he always had his hair wet and possibly gelled, which made his scalp visible; you know, like when anyone has their hair wet like that. At the same time that he was supposedly going bald, his hair looked full as can be when it was dry.

It's odd that they continue to kayfabe the 16-time champ thing when the actual number is closer to 21. Wouldn't it behoove them to mention all of the title reigns and make him look that much more incredible?

It's odd that they continue to kayfabe the 16-time champ thing when the actual number is closer to 21. Wouldn't it behoove them to mention all of the title reigns and make him look that much more incredible?

They'd look sleazy to come out and concede an extra five title reigns; anyone who was unaware of them would wonder why they covered them up in the first place, and they don't have an answer for it.

I don't know if the booking of Mania is going to play into the long term things, but it's fucking awesome how they've made Randy Orton into Superman right now. Dude gets to survive the STFU for like two minutes, gets beatdown the whole match by Triple H and Cena, yet comes out in the end with the Concussion kick. Next night on RAW he gets hit with a Twist of Fate on the outside by Matt Hardy, gets tossed back into the ring and then hits an RKO out of nowhere, as if he were playing possum, even though he just took one of the more protected finisher on the outside.

Cena has been humanized in a way, with not being able to put Orton away with the STFU, and after about 3 years of kicking out of every main event finisher, all it takes is one Pedigree to do the job this year.

Edge got put over the most with being able to dominate and have an answer to everything Taker wanted to do, up until he took a moment to regroup his gameplan and magically got caught with Taker's Gogoplata. The same move that has had everyone on the roster tapping within 5 seconds of the hold being locked onto them, even the MONSTERS (Khali, Henry, BDV, etc.) and Edge gets to survive a full minute and almost break out of it.

I don't know if they're going to continue this for the long term, but I can't wait to see how things develop, especially for Edge. He was built up as the worst Taker opponent for Mania yet... I expected a weak 20 minute match with him doing nothing but cheating having the Majors run-in, expecting Vickie Guerrero to come out and try to reverse the decision... and yet he gets put over strong for over half an hour, and even gets a segment where he stands toe to toe with the "WWE'S BEST PURE STRIKER IN THE BIZ OF ALL TIMES!"

Checking my e-mails, I see I missed the start of a pre-sale for Detroit's upcoming Raw that started this morning at 10am. Now the best ticket is in the 10th row of the upper deck. Hopefully that's just from the pre-sale batch and some lower bowl ones are available on Saturday.

Because everyone could do with a diversion, here is the top 20 in the 100 greatest wrestling moments as selected by the readers of WrestleZone:

The 100 Greatest Wrestling Moments of All Time

1. Hulk Hogan turns heel and forms the NWO

2. Hulk Hogan bodyslams Andre the Giant at WM III

3. Y2J debuts for the WWF

4. Austin 3:16

5. Mankind vs. The Undertaker, Hell in a Cell

6. The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan at WM XVIII

7. Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart, Iron Man Match

8. Mankind defeats The Rock for the WWF title

9. Chris Benoit wins the WWE World Heavyweight Title

10. Stone Cold stuns Vince

11. The Montreal Screwjob

12. Shane McMahon appears on Nitro (WWF buys WCW)

13. Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold, I Quit match

14. Eddie Guerrero wins the WWE championship

15. Scott Hall / Kevin Nash show up in WCW

16. Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage at WM III

17. Sting returns and beats Hulk Hogan at Starrcade '97

18. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit celebrate at WM XX

19. Goldberg defeats Hulk Hogan for the WCW title

20. The Rock vs. Stone Cold, WrestleMania series

Austin and Angle singing was at 44, while Austin winning the WWF title was at 94.

at least i agree w/ number 1

I don't know if the booking of Mania is going to play into the long term things, but it's fucking awesome how they've made Randy Orton into Superman right now. Dude gets to survive the STFU for like two minutes, gets beatdown the whole match by Triple H and Cena, yet comes out in the end with the Concussion kick. Next night on RAW he gets hit with a Twist of Fate on the outside by Matt Hardy, gets tossed back into the ring and then hits an RKO out of nowhere, as if he were playing possum, even though he just took one of the more protected finisher on the outside.

Cena has been humanized in a way, with not being able to put Orton away with the STFU, and after about 3 years of kicking out of every main event finisher, all it takes is one Pedigree to do the job this year.

Edge got put over the most with being able to dominate and have an answer to everything Taker wanted to do, up until he took a moment to regroup his gameplan and magically got caught with Taker's Gogoplata. The same move that has had everyone on the roster tapping within 5 seconds of the hold being locked onto them, even the MONSTERS (Khali, Henry, BDV, etc.) and Edge gets to survive a full minute and almost break out of it.

I don't know if they're going to continue this for the long term, but I can't wait to see how things develop, especially for Edge. He was built up as the worst Taker opponent for Mania yet... I expected a weak 20 minute match with him doing nothing but cheating having the Majors run-in, expecting Vickie Guerrero to come out and try to reverse the decision... and yet he gets put over strong for over half an hour, and even gets a segment where he stands toe to toe with the "WWE'S BEST PURE STRIKER IN THE BIZ OF ALL TIMES!"

Word. This is the first time I've been hyped for wrestling inyears, other then around the time Cena was drafted to Raw, and RVD winning the titles/ bringing back ECW.

I just hope they keep it going like they are. This years WM is gonna end up being one of my favorites. Orton winning with the punt of doom after the whole finishing sequence was perfect. I marked out.

R-K-O, we runnin' this mat shit.

Checking my e-mails, I see I missed the start of a pre-sale for Detroit's upcoming Raw that started this morning at 10am. Now the best ticket is in the 10th row of the upper deck. Hopefully that's just from the pre-sale batch and some lower bowl ones are available on Saturday.

I don't think they have separate batches.

Yes.

Can you smell the Reid Flair/Cody Rhodes feud? Cause you know it's gonna happen.

Complete with run-in from former WCW United States Heavyweight Champion, "Nature Fat" David Flair?

CM Punk just made a cameo appearance on an X-Play bumper.

"Hey everyone, this is CM Punk. Don't change the channel unless you want to Go To Sleep."

How punny

CM Punk just made a cameo appearance on an X-Play bumper.

"Hey everyone, this is CM Punk. Don't change the channel unless you want to Go To Sleep."

Elijah Burke looked so fucking HUGE on that. Next to wrestlers, he looks like an average build guy, but he was HOSS like on that.