TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

Anyone else think they should have used CM Punk in the "No short cuts, no steriods" promos? It's too hard to believe Cena isn't on something.

Also, here's a recent picture of Chris Harris in WWE.

1cena.jpg

It's odd that they continue to kayfabe the 16-time champ thing when the actual number is closer to 21. Wouldn't it behoove them to mention all of the title reigns and make him look that much more incredible?

They'd look sleazy to come out and concede an extra five title reigns; anyone who was unaware of them would wonder why they covered them up in the first place, and they don't have an answer for it.

Which 5 reigns do they ignore?

Thanks

I get a vibe of the old Nitro sign on his tights.

Looks like he needs to get back into shape, before he is called up to the main roster.

Not surprised that he was no longer pushed in TNA if he looked like this in his final days there.

Just imagining the amount of fat on display during the Harris / Reign match.

Was wondering, does anyone know why on all of Cena's jersey's he has the number 54?

Supposedly, there are commercials airing in the UK that have the Backlash main event as Orton defending the WWE title against JBL and Hunter in a three-way.

I'd hate to be a skeptic but there's only one reason for JBL to be in that match. The poll last week had me hoping for a 5-6 man match (a concept they have done well at booking over the last couple of years). It'd allow for Orton to pad his credibility by beating 4 or 5 other guys or saves face by losing his title without a direct defeat.

It's odd that they continue to kayfabe the 16-time champ thing when the actual number is closer to 21. Wouldn't it behoove them to mention all of the title reigns and make him look that much more incredible?

They'd look sleazy to come out and concede an extra five title reigns; anyone who was unaware of them would wonder why they covered them up in the first place, and they don't have an answer for it.

Thanks

As much as it pains me to suggest someone go out their way to visit the site, Mike Johnson at PWInsider actually broke down all potential reigns and why there is dispute over them. I don't have the direct link handy but some searching at wrestlingdb.com might help you find it. Wikipedia might have some info too.

I figured they would do a Wrestlemania main event rematch at Backlash since that's a typical trend as seen with Backlash 1999, 2004, and 2005. If Cena is not involved, even better because its not predictable.

I think JBL was placed in there because if HHH wins the WWE Championship, we can FINALLY get that HHH Vs. JBL feud.

Those two would work better with the title not being in the way. JBL being in the match to keep HHH from taking a pin from Orton is the right route to go. That could easily allow Orton-HHH one on one for title to continue to build.

I think JBL was placed in there because if HHH wins the WWE Championship, we can FINALLY get that HHH Vs. JBL feud.

That isn't exactly something I was on the edge of my seat for.

The promos will be loaded with insider lingo that 90% of the fans won't get and the match will be average at best. However, it's one of the few things HHH has left on his plate.

Thanks

As much as it pains me to suggest someone go out their way to visit the site, Mike Johnson at PWInsider actually broke down all potential reigns and why there is dispute over them. I don't have the direct link handy but some searching at wrestlingdb.com might help you find it. Wikipedia might have some info too.

"For the record, Ric Flair doesn’t even know how many title reigns he has. We talked at length about it and the number is at least 19 and maybe more for you trivia buffs out there. " - JR

Not that it answers your question, but it's relevant. If Flair doesn't even know how many he's had, they might as well just make up a number.

This will probably be ok to put as a new topic, but I thought for now, I'd post it here, from the Observer site...

Fox 5 in Atlanta tonight had as one of its lead stories, an item about a man who moved into a home he had just purchased from a WWE wrestler (whose name was not identified in the story).

He found shoe boxes filled with steroids and Growth Hormone in a crawl space in the wall along with a copy of the wrestlers current contract and a memo regarding changes in the dress code.

They announced they weren't releasing the name of the wrestler who just moved until they spoke with him first.

Thanks to Scott Decker

----------------

Off the top of my head, I don't know who all resides in Georgia, even Atlanta more specifically, but I'm sure someone is going to lose their job possibly off this.

Watching SD! a week or so ago, but why does Michelle McCool do a move that she looks like she's going to botch at somepoint and break someone's neck?

A Locust Grove, Georgia man claims to have found several bottles labeled as containing human growth hormone, testosterone, neomasteron, and syringes inside his home, which once belonged to a WWE wrestler. No charges have been filed and police have asked the local media not to release the name of the individual until they speak to him and test the substances. They believe the wrestler is staying with family members in another state.

The current homeowner claims his daughter found two shoeboxes that contained the drugs, syringes, a WWE contract, and a 2004 memo sent to wrestlers regarding the company's dress code. "My kids actually play up in that room and so the first thing I thought is what if they were to open that and they would have gotten a hold of the stuff and the syringes," the current homeowner told FOX5 News in Georgia.

WWE's director of publicity Kevin Hennesy stated: "Wrestlers can only be prescribed steroids by a physician, which is rare and only for a specific medical condition and it is usually taken orally. If a wrestler is injecting steroids for performance enhancing purposes that would be a matter for local law enforcement." To read the full story, visit MyFoxAtlanta.com. [Thanks to Dot Net readers Tommy Gladden Jr. and Brian Bazinet]

prowrestling.net