TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

Director Morgan Spurlock appeared on Late Night with Conan O'Brien last night to talk about his new documentary, Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden. During the appearance, he mentioned that while visiting the Middle East and surrounding countries, the one thing that seemed to be true in all of them was that the people there loved WWE. He also said that everyone in those countries thought wrestling was real. When Spurlock told one fan that wrestling was fixed, the fan said "maybe it is, we will never know" and another fan said it might be fixed sometimes, but never when a championship is on the line.

Taken from 411mania

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/729...,-DVD-Sales.htm

CBS has cancelled "Secret Talents of the Stars" after only one episode because only 4.6 million viewers tuned in and the ratings dropped throughout the show, according to an AP Newswire report. Flair had been scheduled to perform a salsa dance routine during the first week in May.

prowrestling.net

Heh. Glad I didn't watch it.

Many in India believe Khali is a real fighter, and he is actually edited to be a good guy on shows airing there.

how in the world do they edit to make him look like a good guy..?

I wonder if they'll green screen Big Show eating a cow for their upcoming match.

Many in India believe Khali is a real fighter, and he is actually edited to be a good guy on shows airing there.

I wonder if they'll green screen Big Show eating a cow for their upcoming match.

I doubt it.

http://www.newkerala.com/one.php?action=fu...ws&id=46564

Khali's taking time off after Backlash (although he's taking time off to go back to his regular police job...some vacation.)

I doubt it.

http://www.newkerala.com/one.php?action=fu...ws&id=46564

Khali's taking time off after Backlash (although he's taking time off to go back to his regular police job...some vacation.)

He eats 5 chickens a day? man..

I suppose all of those answers are buried with who moved the briefcase @ KOTR 99

Bossman. He was 'fired' the week or two before that show, and the next night on Raw he was 'hired' back. Probably one of the subtler Russo angles actually.

and who was behind GTV.

Golddust, as it was originally named GDTV and the first few times it focused on people related to Golddust. He gets canned, it gets switched to GTV and the rest is extremely loopy history. On the other hand, I don't believe anyone was ever outed later on as being behind GTV, so I actually didn't answer your question.

My bad.

What happened to Josh Matthews? I thought was a pretty good young announcer. They had someone that would've done well for the future and yet they keep him on the internet show.

He got shot in the face by Tim White, duh.

They couldn't put him on TV, just imagine all the children that would be scarred by the horrible visage of Josh Matthews!

CBS has cancelled "Secret Talents of the Stars" after only one episode because only 4.6 million viewers tuned in and the ratings dropped throughout the show, according to an AP Newswire report. Flair had been scheduled to perform a salsa dance routine during the first week in May.

prowrestling.net

Good. Any show where Mya gets cheated shouldn't be allowed to continue, anyway.

Now that Hornswoggle is not Vince's son, I wonder if they'll try to redo or retcon the Ken Kennedy is a McMahon angle as originally intended.

I suppose all of those answers are buried with who moved the briefcase @ KOTR 99

Bossman. He was 'fired' the week or two before that show, and the next night on Raw he was 'hired' back. Probably one of the subtler Russo angles actually.

and who was behind GTV.

Golddust, as it was originally named GDTV and the first few times it focused on people related to Golddust. He gets canned, it gets switched to GTV and the rest is extremely loopy history. On the other hand, I don't believe anyone was ever outed later on as being behind GTV, so I actually didn't answer your question.

My bad.

Actually I thought it was the Mean Street Posse that was pulling the breifcase...... never thought Bossman was behind it.

I know about Goldust and GTV, but after he was canned, it still kept going. Ah........... WWF during the Just Joe days B-)

Interesting article about Paul Heyman from the Rocky Mountain News.

==========================================================================

Paul Heyman is still hustling.

One of pro wrestling's most influential figures of the past 20 years, Heyman is focused on a new challenge: an Internet-based reality/entertainment venture called The Heyman Hustle showcased by The Sun, a Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid based in the United Kingdom.

Filmed in New York, the show puts to use the gift of gab that made Heyman one of grappling's greatest managers. He interviews B- list celebrities like Survivor cast members, James Lipton and Ice T and his wife, Coco, as well as eccentric Manhattanites. The result: five- to 10- minute vignettes with the rapid pacing of his Extreme Championship Wrestling shows in the 1990s.

"I want to find the ordinary in the extraordinary and the extraordinary in the ordinary," he said. "I want to talk music with Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to find out what songs affect their moods and emotions, because it may show the mechanics behind their mood swings or motivation. And as long as they have charisma, I want to talk with the hot dog vendor and pizza maker about politics and their views of the world."

Heyman still dabbles in wrestling, commenting on the genre on his Web site (heymanhustle.com). But he says he has no desire to return after leaving his World Wrestling Entertainment scriptwriting role in December 2006 following creative differences with the company.

"I absolutely believe I can out- book anyone in the industry today, but it's a one-brand business right now," said Heyman of WWE's dominance in the marketplace. "That brand runs differently than the type of writing and mechanisms that I use.

"I have no bitterness about the wrestling industry. I've lived out every dream and had the time of my life. But it wasn't fun any more. My time was up."

Heyman's legacy lives on in Extreme Championship Wrestling, though the promotion is far different from when he assumed matchmaking chores in 1993. Despite limited budgeting and TV exposure, Heyman revolutionized wrestling by introducing talent and styles like hard-core and lucha-flavored bouts unfamiliar in the U.S. Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam and two late WWE champions, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, received their career breaks in ECW.

Yet ECW couldn't survive a competitive marketplace. WWE and WCW copied many of Heyman's ideas and signed talent he couldn't afford. Heyman sold the promotion to WWE in 2001 and began working for the company as an announcer, manager (current Ultimate Fighting Championship star Brock Lesnar was his protege) and writer.

Heyman was part of the 2005 relaunch of ECW (8 p.m. Tuesdays, Sci-Fi Network), but it was clear his vision was markedly different from that of WWE owner Vince McMahon.

Heyman was part of the 2005 relaunch of ECW (8 p.m. Tuesdays, Sci-Fi Network), but it was clear his vision was markedly different from that of WWE owner Vince McMahon.

:huh:

I haven't read much on it, but do some of you guys think this HBK/Batista feud is really shaping up to be something next to great? I've loved it so far, from the moment that Batista first gave HBK an evil eye look to their segment just now on SD.

http://poll.wwe.com/santinomarella/

Santino is getting a t-shirt. Vote, you sons a ma guns!

I like the black shirt best without that nasty YOU SONS A MA GUN on the back, so if I were more likely to get one, it'd be the blue soccer one. I don't understand why the pizza looking one says "Served Hot and Fresh since 2004", he showed up in 07, so what significance is the 2004?

Any good sites that -

1> List results and general history of the NWA from 80 - 89? Before it became WCW really. My history of NWA around this time is "flaky" and would love to catch up on some past NWA glories.

2> WCW Nitro / saturday Night and Thunder results?

Thanks guys - PM me if your not allowed to post links in te main forum.

Any good sites that -

1> List results and general history of the NWA from 80 - 89? Before it became WCW really. My history of NWA around this time is "flaky" and would love to catch up on some past NWA glories.

2> WCW Nitro / saturday Night and Thunder results?

Thanks guys - PM me if your not allowed to post links in te main forum.

Clicky Clicky

and who was behind GTV.

My bad.

I think one of Headbangers actually ended up being behind GTV. The one that wasn't Chaz...

I had always thought Bossman was behind the briefcase thing too, but I just read somewhere that HHH admitted to being behind it after the PPV went off the air, so I dunno.

and who was behind GTV.

My bad.

I think one of Headbangers actually ended up being behind GTV. The one that wasn't Chaz...

I had always thought Bossman was behind the briefcase thing too, but I just read somewhere that HHH admitted to being behind it after the PPV went off the air, so I dunno.

Nobody was ever revealed as being behind GTV. The last GTV done was in November 2000 when it busted Eddie Guerrero in a shower with Godfather's Ho's. The Headbangers were long gone by then.

It was originally supposed to be run by Goldust. The very first GTV where it watched Mark Henry taking an enormous shit was actually "GDTV". Although they immediately decided to change it, because the replay of it on the next show had it as "GTV". Goldust ended up leaving the company right after it started, so they kept it going but could never decide on an operator. Vince Russo wanted it to be Tom Green, who was a red hot MTV entity at the time, but Vince McMahon had no idea who Green was. So they just kept doing it with no payoff.

From the Observer:

No Way Out did 207,000 buys in North America and had a worldwide total of 328,000. It was a jump of 59% from last year's numbers.

Funny quote from Andrew Martin over his DUI arrest, "Considering I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, I don't know how the DUI is going to stand."

The numerous traffic violations he's racked up might help with making it stand. So might him being arrested last year just after leaving TNA and being charged with a misdemeanor DUI with property damage or personal injury. That ended up with him getting a fined and having his license suspended.

The red and white pizza shirt is probably the first WWF/E shirt that I've seen in at least a decade and a half that I would consider purchasing/wearing.

WWE spokesman Gary Davis explained the company's goal in inviting HIllary Clinton and Barack Obama to appear on Raw. "What we're trying to do is provide both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama an opportunity to speak to more than eight million viewers of our program... which is the night before the Pennsylvania primary," spokesman Gary Davis told FOXNews.com.

"I think the invitation is self-explanatory," continued Davis. "Get into the ring and resolve their differences." The story notes that Davis stated the company is still in talks with both candidates over the proposed match. To read the full story, visit FOXNews.com.

prowrestling.net

Wow. I will be SHOCKED if they actually show up. They might pick up some votes from people that wouldn't vote in the 1st place.

WWE spokesman Gary Davis explained the company's goal in inviting HIllary Clinton and Barack Obama to appear on Raw. "What we're trying to do is provide both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama an opportunity to speak to more than eight million viewers of our program... which is the night before the Pennsylvania primary," spokesman Gary Davis told FOXNews.com.

"I think the invitation is self-explanatory," continued Davis. "Get into the ring and resolve their differences." The story notes that Davis stated the company is still in talks with both candidates over the proposed match. To read the full story, visit FOXNews.com.

prowrestling.net

Wow. I will be SHOCKED if they actually show up. They might pick up some votes from people that wouldn't vote in the 1st place.

I will laugh if they show up, because they've probably already got Ace Steel in blackface, Colt Cabana under a Bill Clinton mask, and some OVW broad as Hillary all set for another "hilarious" Trump/Rosie embarrassment.

The red and white pizza shirt is probably the first WWF/E shirt that I've seen in at least a decade and a half that I would consider purchasing/wearing.

I voted for the black one. Wear a red button up with it, and your good to go. The blue one would be good to cut the sleeves off and shoots some hoops.

Random Thought: From the looks of Shane Helms' myspace page, dude is pretty much ready to go. I think he's got a new gigolo gimmick or sumshit too.

But, yeah... anybody have the 411 on a timeframe of when ol' boys gonna be back?

Thanks.

Froggy1846