TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

WWE spokesman Gary Davis explained the company's goal in inviting HIllary Clinton and Barack Obama to appear on Raw. "What we're trying to do is provide both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama an opportunity to speak to more than eight million viewers of our program... which is the night before the Pennsylvania primary," spokesman Gary Davis told FOXNews.com.

"I think the invitation is self-explanatory," continued Davis. "Get into the ring and resolve their differences." The story notes that Davis stated the company is still in talks with both candidates over the proposed match. To read the full story, visit FOXNews.com.

prowrestling.net

Wow. I will be SHOCKED if they actually show up. They might pick up some votes from people that wouldn't vote in the 1st place.

I will laugh if they show up, because they've probably already got Ace Steel in a dress, Colt Cabana in blackface

Fixed

The fuck?

I disagreed with your use of the word "heh", and said that I thought Secret Talents of the Stars was a decent show. Shame we won't get to see Ric Flair salsa

another "hilarious" Trump/Rosie embarrassment.

That's what I'm expecting to happen.

I suppose all of those answers are buried with who moved the briefcase @ KOTR 99

Bossman. He was 'fired' the week or two before that show, and the next night on Raw he was 'hired' back. Probably one of the subtler Russo angles actually.

and who was behind GTV.

Golddust, as it was originally named GDTV and the first few times it focused on people related to Golddust. He gets canned, it gets switched to GTV and the rest is extremely loopy history. On the other hand, I don't believe anyone was ever outed later on as being behind GTV, so I actually didn't answer your question.

My bad.

I think one of Headbangers actually ended up being behind GTV. The one that wasn't Chaz...

Nah, Thrasher just did it once, to expose Mariana or whoever as having faked the allegations of Chaz beating her. And so then the Headbangers reformed and proceeded to job for the next year, or something.

In something very weird, Hardcore Holly and Val Venis called up some guy that broadcasts on Justin.tv and talked to him for about 8 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crQgPuVdk4

Awesome, Val staying in character and saying he's fucked almost all of the divas was great (unless it's true, which would make it even better).

Considering Edge is his old brother in law that might not make the best confession, unless one hand washes the other in regards to cheating.

In something very weird, Hardcore Holly and Val Venis called up some guy that broadcasts on Justin.tv and talked to him for about 8 minutes.

Awesome, Val staying in character and saying he's fucked almost all of the divas was great (unless it's true, which would make it even better).

Considering Edge is his old brother in law that might not make the best confession, unless one hand washes the other in regards to cheating.

The only ones he named as having fucked were Ryan Shamrock, Sable, and Debra McMichael.

Val: "Remember Ryan Shamrock, Ken Shamrock's fake sister? I fucked the shit out of her."

Val: "I fucked the shit out of Sable."

Holly: "No you did not, you fucking liar."

Val: "Dude, I did!"

Val: "Remember Debra McMichael? I banged her too. That's why Austin hates me. He married her after I banged her."

I remember Faarooq and Bradshaw got back together as APA on RAW one time to help out Hornswoggle. What was up with that?

Val: "Remember Debra McMichael? I banged her too. That's why Austin hates me. He married her after I banged her."

:lol: Classic.

I remember Faarooq and Bradshaw got back together as APA on RAW one time to help out Hornswoggle. What was up with that?

JBL was with the RAW crew preparing to fly over for the Iraq show and since he was there and it was good for a cheap pop, they did that brief reunion.

I figure this definitely goes into the random thoughts category.

Would anyone else like to see a Rumble with no "qualifying" matches before it? Not just that, but have NONE of the entrants known before the Rumble?

Make some kind of storyline where Vince decides that the Rumble will truly be random, and nobody, not even the wrestlers involved in it, knows who's in the match? I think it could EASILY add to the drama every time that the countdown comes up, and it would be an easy way to throw some surprises in there.

I figure this definitely goes into the random thoughts category.

Would anyone else like to see a Rumble with no "qualifying" matches before it? Not just that, but have NONE of the entrants known before the Rumble?

Make some kind of storyline where Vince decides that the Rumble will truly be random, and nobody, not even the wrestlers involved in it, knows who's in the match? I think it could EASILY add to the drama every time that the countdown comes up, and it would be an easy way to throw some surprises in there.

Yeah nice idea, they could have mean Gene picking out names for each number. Would allow for a fresh feel as some wrestlers would get snubed . Will never happen though

They didn't do that this year (nor did they do a skit that revealed anyone's entry slot) which was an welcome change. I also ask that no one has to overcome the odds from the heel GM/owner to get a spot.

They wouldn't do a completely random Rumble like that because even though the Rumble sells itself, they still need to promote specific people. Naturally, the fans would figure the big names would be included and wouldn't be particularly concerned about which low card act got a spot.

Perhaps having a set field of 20 people and those last ten guys to be completely random up to the actual match itself would accomplish both. So you could show a crowd of mid-carders and perhaps even a big name in a group waiting to see if their name comes up in some fashion. That being said, the Rumble doesn't need much fixing, just good action and booking.

I never understood why they started doing qualifying matches anyways. It's a bad idea, because:

1) The matches are so lopsided, you KNOW who's going to win.

2) Some of the people have to win a qualifying match against someone who's already qualified because the quality of talent believable to win the Rumble is so thin.

Reports circulated that wrestlers were upset with The Rock at the hall of fame ceremony because the left before Ric Flair's speech. Apparently he rubbed some the wrong way by doing a lot of comedy before really getting into his speech. Reports also surfaced that The Rock was acting aloof backstage, but apparently those viewpoints came from those jealous with him and/or didn't understand his circumstances. The Rock had to leave to return to filming "Witch Mountain" in Las Vegas the next morning.

(source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Credit: Gerweck.net

I could see how some would be upset he didn't stay for the whole show, but being mad that he was too funny is petty.

Reports circulated that wrestlers were upset with The Rock at the hall of fame ceremony because the left before Ric Flair's speech. Apparently he rubbed some the wrong way by doing a lot of comedy before really getting into his speech. Reports also surfaced that The Rock was acting aloof backstage, but apparently those viewpoints came from those jealous with him and/or didn't understand his circumstances. The Rock had to leave to return to filming "Witch Mountain" in Las Vegas the next morning.

I could see how some would be upset he didn't stay for the whole show, but being mad that he was too funny is petty.

That's not why they were upset. They were mad that a lot of his "speech" was just a stand-up comedy routine and only a small part of it was about the people he was inducting.

Even though doing the roast idea was approved by Vince McMahon who loved the idea. The people upset were people jealous that Rock is as big as he is and doesn't need wrestling anymore.

Everyone knew going in that the HOF was basically about Flair and Rock

The WWF lies by omission gets people to go see the first Wrestlemania: I got some '85 WONs and some of the stuff that they pulled back then is amazingly carny. In markets where there was only CCTV location, the show was promoted using vague terms as if it was occurring live in that location, with no mention of CCTV. In addition to this, at least one location had a single 44 inch screen in the middle of a 10,000 seat arena.

From Bix elsewhere.........

AWESOME

Doing a comedy routine...what did they expect? For the Rock to come back and not entertain the fans there? Lets say that Rock didn't do any of his old schtick...I can guarantee that many of the fans wouldn't be going home happy. A lot of the complaints just stem from jealousy that not only is the Rock finding a happy and successful life outside of wrestling, but that he's more over and cared about than just about everyone on the current roster.

The only ones he named as having fucked were Ryan Shamrock, Sable, and Debra McMichael.

Val: "Remember Ryan Shamrock, Ken Shamrock's fake sister? I fucked the shit out of her."

Val: "I fucked the shit out of Sable."

Holly: "No you did not, you fucking liar."

Val: "Dude, I did!"

I'll have to listen to it again later as I didn't get a chance to listen to the full thing, but the beginning sounded more like a Val Venis impersonator rather then actually being Val Venis to me...

Alright..listening to the rest, that damn well might be them. Ha, if it is, great to see what they do in their spare time.

Who was the mystery wrestler that CNN interviewed for their Death Grip special? I guess somebody posted a video on YouTube that had the voice undeepened, but I can't find it.