TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

Just a heads up to English posters, Sky Sports 2 has a 'WWE Special' tonight at 9pm, which says 'A look back over a slammin' (yes they said that) 15 years of Raw. Famous faces relive their favourite moments from in the ring rumbles and behind the scenes shenanigans'.

It appears to be from the RAW XV DVD.. disc one's main feature.

Yeah, the WWE Specials are pretty much an hour of the 'latest' DVD documentary.

Right thread for this, I like how on the repeat shows they fill the lost commercial time between the UK's commercials and the US's endless commercials with a From The Vault match. And that they've gone from random Smackdown/Raw matches to random whatever the next PPV is matches. Last week's Smackdown had London/Chavo from JD '05 I think.

Right thread for this, I like how on the repeat shows they fill the lost commercial time between the UK's commercials and the US's endless commercials with a From The Vault match. And that they've gone from random Smackdown/Raw matches to random whatever the next PPV is matches. Last week's Smackdown had London/Chavo from JD '05 I think.

I've never understood how they seem to pick the worst possible matches for this, the fact that the show can now be finished in about 25mins under Sky+ ff is indicative to how mind numbingly bad the shows are. The from the vault is an opportunity to promote th best of WWF/WWE instead they show matches that end in a Fecking DQ or involve Hardcore Holly!!!

That was quite the poor feud with Chavo being lazy in their matches against each other and London trying to copy Jimmy "Huss" Jacobs.

Sandman wrestling hammered last month

What a pro!

What do you expect when you give Sandman his cases of beer before the show starts? The Sandman wrestles with alcohol in his system, when I worked with him in Oct. he was drinking while all the matches were going on but he still wrestled his match just fine. It just looks like he got his drink on way early in the night.

What a pro!

What do you expect when you give Sandman his cases of beer before the show starts? The Sandman wrestles with alcohol in his system, when I worked with him in Oct. he was drinking while all the matches were going on but he still wrestled his match just fine. It just looks like he got his drink on way early in the night.

If you're getting paid you can at least make sure your sober enough to work a match. I'd say get this guy in rehab, but it would ruin his gimmick.

If you're getting paid you can at least make sure your sober enough to work a match. I'd say get this guy in rehab, but it would ruin his gimmick.

Back when Sandman was still in WWE on Raw, it was so weird to see him without a beer during his entrance through the crowd. I wonder if that was WWE's idea or if Sandman himself stopped drinking at the time?

What a pro!

Watching that video makes me think that promoter is fairly stupid. 1) He let the Sandman have access to enough alcohol backstage to get him that toasted. 2) He let the Sandman go out that toased. 3) He made an immature video about the Sandman being in front of his crowd that toasted.

That's not reflecting as poorly on the Sandman as it is the promoter.

Seemed to me like the promoter made lemonade out of lemons. He may have made bad decisions to let Sandman get to that point, no doubt, but he did the best he could do after the fact. He made fun of Sandman and put it up for the internet world to see, promoting his company at the same time. Then, he promoted his website and a DVD of the event so people could see the entire thing. I doubt that this will push them into the big time or anything, but he will probably make a little more money off the event.

During the PA announcing of the Hornets starting lineup at San Antonio the Spurs decided to play the Undertakers entrance music.

Anyone seem the liveautographs.com commercial? It's a site where you can get a sports star to do a live streaming video of them signing somethin for you, and giving you a personalized message at the same time. Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin are the main 2 guys they're using to hype the site currently. Austin says in the commercial "this is a very limited event, so get your BUTT online and sign up now!", or something to that extent.

Haha... nice. WWE suspensions and drug scandals.

I just went to WWE.com to watch ECW. Apparently, they have finally implemented the use of Microsoft Silverlight. In addition to the video quality being better, and offering full screen capability, we can watch every single episode of ECW since they started the X-Stream. No longer will we be restricted to Wednesday-Monday viewing if we missed the television broadcast of a particular week's episode! :)

Jim Ross will be co-hosting the KFOR Ch. 4 news broadcast in Oklahoma City this afternoon. The broadcast airs at 4:30 p.m. CST and Ross is expected to hype the Raw taping in Oklahoma City this summer. The streaming broadcast is available on Ch. 4's website.

For some reason I find the idea of JR freaking out over a piece of breaking news hilarious.

http://www.kfor.com/

Jim Ross will be co-hosting the KFOR Ch. 4 news broadcast in Oklahoma City this afternoon. The broadcast airs at 4:30 p.m. CST and Ross is expected to hype the Raw taping in Oklahoma City this summer. The streaming broadcast is available on Ch. 4's website.

For some reason I find the idea of JR freaking out over a piece of breaking news hilarious.

http://www.kfor.com/

Bah god, a twister running wild threw downtown Ok. City! F-5! F-5! F-5! F-5!

That bastard, Timothy McViegh is seemingly back from the dead, and blown up Mr. McMahon's limo. Damn him! Damn him to Hell!!!!!!!!

Haha... nice. WWE suspensions and drug scandals.

I just went to WWE.com to watch ECW. Apparently, they have finally implemented the use of Microsoft Silverlight. In addition to the video quality being better, and offering full screen capability, we can watch every single episode of ECW since they started the X-Stream. No longer will we be restricted to Wednesday-Monday viewing if we missed the television broadcast of a particular week's episode! :)

Im glad they are improving the video, and I hope they put Smackdown up a day after it airs on MNTV so that I can watch it.

If anyone has a spare 5-10 minutes to kill, the Super Crazy vs Burchill/Lea match on Heat is actually quite the treat. Crazy's comeback was pretty slick as was the dickish behaviors of Burchill/Lea. Plus, Lea has done a good job of not drawing any sympathy when a face ruffles her up a bit. Reminicent of Sensational Sherri where as much as Hogan would kick her ass, no one would feel the least bit sorry for her cause you knew the bitch was going to get up and be meaner and louder than ever the next show.

I'm bothered that they can't bother to announce Colin Delaney is "From Rochester, New York", yet they make time to let me know that Matt Striker is "A former Social Studies teacher in New York City". He doesn't live in New York City any more, he doesn't WORK as a Social Studies teacher and he doesn't work in New York City any more, why bother with it?