TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

How come they don't do it like in the old No Mercy, as far as weight...in that game, at the beginning of the match, if you tried to bodyslam a super heavyweight guy, you usually couldn't do it, but then if you wore him down enough, your guy could sometimes pull it off? Doesn't seem like it should be that hard to implement.

Couple things:

1) Cena's RtWM is lame in every respect. Even the unlockables (aside from the Tribute to the Troops set) are dumb. In what universe am I supposed to be impressed that I just unlocked a military guy I'll never use and fucking SNITSKY?!

2) They really need to ditch the momentum system already. After playing Fire Pro for about a year I just can't fathom why they can't give us a system where you use weaker moves to wear down an opponent before being able to use power moves. At least have it as an alternate way to play so the kids that want to just FU an opponent 500 times are happy too.

3) The jump from normal to hard is way too high as the CPU just reverses almost everything you do and your window to do your own reversals is way too small. I hate when they whip you into the corner and charge at you like they are going in for an attack but suddenly stop in their tracks and use a grapple. That's just cheap.

I've done 2 1/2 RtWMs (Jericho. Cena and HHH's DX portion) and I think it's a mode worth building on for next year.

How come they don't do it like in the old No Mercy, as far as weight...in that game, at the beginning of the match, if you tried to bodyslam a super heavyweight guy, you usually couldn't do it, but then if you wore him down enough, your guy could sometimes pull it off? Doesn't seem like it should be that hard to implement.

Yukes uses logic like WWE uses logic...Logic just doesn't apply.

3) The jump from normal to hard is way too high as the CPU just reverses almost everything you do and your window to do your own reversals is way too small. I hate when they whip you into the corner and charge at you like they are going in for an attack but suddenly stop in their tracks and use a grapple. That's just cheap.

This. I did a random match on Hard to see how it was after feeling like Normal was too easy and.. Ugh, so annoying.

This. I did a random match on Hard to see how it was after feeling like Normal was too easy and.. Ugh, so annoying.

Really? I play it on legendary (I think that's what the hardest difficulty is?) and the only time I have any problems is when I'm having to do those "win in under 2 1/2 minutes" matches.

Couple things:

1) Cena's RtWM is lame in every respect. Even the unlockables (aside from the Tribute to the Troops set) are dumb. In what universe am I supposed to be impressed that I just unlocked a military guy I'll never use and fucking SNITSKY?!

2) They really need to ditch the momentum system already. After playing Fire Pro for about a year I just can't fathom why they can't give us a system where you use weaker moves to wear down an opponent before being able to use power moves. At least have it as an alternate way to play so the kids that want to just FU an opponent 500 times are happy too.

I've done 2 1/2 RtWMs (Jericho. Cena and HHH's DX portion) and I think it's a mode worth building on for next year.

1. I haven't played Cenas but I do enjoy the RTWM alot more than previous career modes. I enjoy having a character specific storyline compared to having a generic one that is the same for each wrestler. I hope Orton and Edge get download content RTWM for this current game.

2. I am playing on Hard difficulty and I have to to use weaker moves before I can use strong grapples. I enjoy the game the way it is. If I go for a strong grapple early on in the game the computer almost always reverses it or dodges out of the way.

3. I understand your frustration but it is fixable. The difference in difficulty between normal and hard in diffulty is night and day. That is why they have sliders. I first started off the game playing normal and I was winning matches in 3 minutes. I went up to hard and I was losing matches in 10 minutes. For the sliders, I moved each one of the computer reversals 4 notches to the left and I moved the finisher damage two notches to the right. I also have the momentum meter on slow. This lead to realistic 10-15 minute matches with me winning 75-80 percent of the time. Now it is up to around 99 percent. I am either going to try out legendary or just up the computer reversals.

I agree with you here. I would make the RTWM a little bit longer for each character and try to get more wrestlers to have their own story. Edge, Orton, HBK should have had RTWM and Jeff/Matt Hardy for a tag team one.

But for fans of the CAW feature, I'd like the ability to have RTWM for anyone, rather than character specific. Why not choosing a certain attitude before starting the mode, like say you want to be a viper like heel, you get thrown into Randy Orton's RTWM with names changed around. Something like that. Because I agree that RTWM is a better mode than the normal career mode, but I need my CAW.

I completely forgot about the sliders, I gotta do that, because the jump from normal to hard is huge. I would rather have a realitic match than this arcade bull shit (I FU YOU AGAIN FOR THE 50th TIME IN 5 MINUTES, I ROCK) sucks.

I've been wanting a heel RTWM since it came out, and Cena's RTWM SUCKS ASS! Worst one there, tag team is second worse, UT is just funny to me, and the best is Y2J...hands down (IMO). The Career mode is too generic, besides my CAW weighs 350pounds and I can go for the Cruiserweight title (Now that's not realistic.) and now I am the NEW Cruiserweight champion.

They need to put Ortan, Edge, HBK, Hardy (Alone or with Matt)

They really need to update the moveset ( I WANT TO CREATE D'LO BROWN AND USE THE SKYHIGH AND LOWDOWN)

For those who haven't bought the game. Amazon.com has the collectors edition on sale for $40.

I already have the game and I'm still buying the CE. I can sell the game for $40 or so, then use that money to cover the CE and I end up with the Blu-ray with the matches on it after all. Works for me!

I had a digustingly fun time earlier in Create An Entrance giving pyro to everyone I thought needed it. I actually got some good results too. Firing off Jeff Hardy's stage pyro when Maria blows the kiss to the crowd actually looks pretty cool.

My SD vs RAW Collector's Edition just came in the mail. This was a steal for 40 bucks. It comes with a bonus blue ray disc featuring 8 matches from the past year. The packaging is pretty sweet too. About to test it out right now as Punk.

Man, the Code Breaker sure is weak. I can't seem to pin any main event caliber type guys using it on my first attempt (when their head is already red or they're busted open)

It does serve as a great come out nowhere type of move. I got a count out when someone tried to pick me up, I slapped their hands away and caught them with the Codebreaker. Can you change it to a signature move? I would move that to a signature and give him the standing Walls of Jericho.

A couple weeks back, I was playing Jericho's RtWM. When the masked man did the run in, my girlfriend got a look at the eyes under the mask and immediately said "

That's Randy Orton!

". I already knew it was supposed to be him, but for her to have no real prior knowledge of the game, I thought it was pretty funny.

Honestly, this game could have been nothing more than Create a Finisher, and it would have been worth the price to me. I've had more fun with that feature alone (as limited as it may be), than most full games I've picked up over the past year or so.

A couple weeks back, I was playing Jericho's RtWM. When the masked man did the run in, my girlfriend got a look at the eyes under the mask and immediately said "

That's Randy Orton!

". I already knew it was supposed to be him, but for her to have no real prior knowledge of the game, I thought it was pretty funny.

Honestly, this game could have been nothing more than Create a Finisher, and it would have been worth the price to me. I've had more fun with that feature alone (as limited as it may be), than most full games I've picked up over the past year or so.

Yea, if you take a look at it in highlight reel, you can clearly see who it is. And even funnier, if you use highlight reel in the match where you unmask him, he's not wearing a mask at all.

I've seen the 15th to 20th of December being thrown around on various message boards. :huh:

Is it just the obvious that we know about already or is it going to be more?

The obvious is

Jericho new attire

Kelly Kelly and Maria Xmas Outfits

Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase and Super Crazy DLC.

I've seen the 15th to 20th of December being thrown around on various message boards. :huh:

Is it just the obvious that we know about already or is it going to be more?

The obvious is

Jericho new attire

Kelly Kelly and Maria Xmas Outfits

Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase and Super Crazy DLC.

Masked Kane.

Manu is rumored too.

Don't forget Charlie Haas!

I want DiBiase basically for the purpose of changing Cody Rhodes theme music.

I forgot about him. I hope there are more DLC than just that. I just learned today about the Triple Jump Moonsault that Sabu used to do is in the game. So is a Superplex off of the ladder which sends your opponent to the outside. You have to have a stored special to do that. Is it possible to do the Swanton Bomb off of the top of the ladder?