TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

I'm seriously losing interest in this game. I wish they'd fix the horrible online and then maybe the game would have a renewed appeal to me. I can deal with the cheap fighters.. it's the fucking lag that kills me. I don't - nor have I ever even experienced - lag on any other game except SDVR2009.. which leads me to believe that it's THEIR problem (ie: the Gamespy servers).

OK...question.

Simming some matches, and I've seen some front grapples quickly turned into behind grapples.

Is there a way to pull this off in-game?

I have a 360, for the record.

You sure they weren't just moves that looked like back grapple animations? (which I'm pretty positive they were) There are some moves, like certain backdrops and German suplexes that are in as front grapples as well, but it's all a part of the animation.

As far as online goes, any TSMers up for a big Smackdown tonight/anytime soon? Where we can get some Fatal 4 Ways or something going, as I've found that's the best experience so far (Well, minus like you said the lag) as it's a lot harder for any cheapness to occur. Plus if it's all TSM people I don't think there will be as much anyways. I think. ;)

4 is the most you can do in a match online isn't it?

I'm seriously losing interest in this game. I wish they'd fix the horrible online and then maybe the game would have a renewed appeal to me. I can deal with the cheap fighters.. it's the fucking lag that kills me. I don't - nor have I ever even experienced - lag on any other game except SDVR2009.. which leads me to believe that it's THEIR problem (ie: the Gamespy servers).

Yeah, I got the game with intentions of playing some online games with a few of my friends back home, but it makes it damn near impossible to play when you have to plan 2 or 3 seconds in advance.

Also, when I am ready to deal with the lag, the only matches I can seem to find are damn handicap matches.

That's why I dont fuck with the On-line matches in SvR09 because I knew this would be the problem. Being the fact that I got COD 4 and 5, it's hard to live up to that expectations. Maybe, JUST MAYBE (Crosses fingers) the patch that will be available in the beginning of the year will fix that fuckin LAG problem. It's fuckin annoying and it aint worth shit. Other than that, I'm enjoying my SvR as I create my league and have my cousins come down and we have our own fed doing the do.

PERFECT BO ROCKS

I just found a great post on ignboards about create a wrestler. The topic creator was asking about being able to get a code after making a caw and being able to share it with others so that people dont have to spend alot of time making one. I still cant believe that Yukes took something like sharing a caw with others online.

I've been playing with the copy my brother picked up, and I want to like it..but it's just so half-assed. It really is 2008.5. The number of new CAW clothing items can be counted on two hands, and they didn't even bother adding any additional textures. On top of that, you can't put the "Wrestling Tights Designs" on pants like you could last year, the belts clip through the pants (the few that fit the belt loop), and 90% of the pants hang around your CAW's ass, which is just odd.

The AI is better in some points, but worse in some. In a Tag Tornado HIAC, the second AI will never climb the cage, simply go in and out the cage door. In an infinite loop.

A slightly amusing note - If you preform the Frog Splash Pin off a ladder, and your opponent pushes the ladder out from you after the pose has started, you'll just levitate there in mid-air until you "jump" and complete the move. Nothing ever happens.

IMO, the best part of the game they actually worked on was the commentary. It was so awful last year, and this year's is pretty good.

According to WWE.com the 1st DLC pack is available today. Included are:

Evan Bourne - playable Superstar

Ted DiBiase, Jr. - playable Superstar

Charlie Haas - playable Superstar

Chris Jericho - alternate attire

How much does it cost?

400 points/$5

I think $5 is a fair price for that amount of content, especially given how much we've had to pay for things in other games. It's too bad Haas doesn't have multiple attires, but the ability to team up Rhodes and DiBiase as well as being able to play as Evan Bourne are worth $5 to me.

Update: wwe.com says "Coming soon" for the DLC.

I guess this is a plus, swapping Super Crazy for Charlie Haas.

How much does it cost?

400 points/$5

I think $5 is a fair price for that amount of content, especially given how much we've had to pay for things in other games. It's too bad Haas doesn't have multiple attires, but the ability to team up Rhodes and DiBiase as well as being able to play as Evan Bourne are worth $5 to me.

$5 is a reasonable price for content that I will probably use (well, maybe not Haas too much). All the same, I'm a little surprised that the Divas holiday costumes weren't released today as well (being as they were used last night and it is only 10 days from Christmas). No big loss since I won't be downloading it unless they are bundled together with something worth while

I wonder if, with the Charlie Haas and Ted DiBiase downloads, you get tag team entrances with them?

DiBiase I'm pretty sure on...but I'm hoping Haas has one. WORLD'S GREATEST TAG TEAM FTW!

How much does it cost?

400 points/$5

$5 is a reasonable price for content that I will probably use (well, maybe not Haas too much). All the same, I'm a little surprised that the Divas holiday costumes weren't released today as well (being as they were used last night and it is only 10 days from Christmas). No big loss since I won't be downloading it unless they are bundled together with something worth while

Maybe the next pack comes out next week?

How much does it cost?

400 points/$5

Maybe the next pack comes out next week?

Well, they have to release them within the next 10 days or it kind of defeats the purpose of it

Hmm, just had a look over at WWE.com and from what I can tell, it looks like different DLC will be offered for different consoles which is lame

SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 contains just about anything you could want in a fighting game, including Inferno Matches, improved tag team battles and even a Create-A-Finisher mode. But even with all that and over sixty playable characters, some gamers have been left wanting more...

Coming soon, for the very first time, the WWE Universe will have an opportunity to download updated costumes and even new Superstars for the game. Check out the details for the first download pack below and then take a gander at our exclusive photo gallery, including character models and screenshots of the Superstars in action.

Make sure to check back with WWE.com for information on additional content for Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, as well as the first content for PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.

Download Pack 1

Available for Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360

Price: 400 Microsoft Points

Hmm, just had a look over at WWE.com and from what I can tell, it looks like different DLC will be offered for different consoles which is lame

SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 contains just about anything you could want in a fighting game, including Inferno Matches, improved tag team battles and even a Create-A-Finisher mode. But even with all that and over sixty playable characters, some gamers have been left wanting more...

Coming soon, for the very first time, the WWE Universe will have an opportunity to download updated costumes and even new Superstars for the game. Check out the details for the first download pack below and then take a gander at our exclusive photo gallery, including character models and screenshots of the Superstars in action.

Make sure to check back with WWE.com for information on additional content for Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, as well as the first content for PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.

Download Pack 1

I will bet it will be the same content, just to come out on different days.

Fuck that, I want Super Crazy!

Download Pack 1

I will bet it will be the same content, just to come out on different days.

Hopefully.

So wait, the Christmas attire isn't coming out before Christmas? Odd. Maybe it's cancelled, or will be in a separate pack next week. I was only going to get it if it was part of a grander package.

Haas was always in the cards.

Yes, but originally Super Crazy was going to be in Pack #1.

Haas was always in the cards.

Yes, but originally Super Crazy was going to be in Pack #1.

Considering he was released a while back, I highly doubt if that content will ever get released for the game.

Haas was always a part of the DLC, btw. He was also in the leaked videos along with the rest of them.

Yes, but he may have been held back for Pack #2 originally.

Edit: Or not, who the hell knows anymore. Super Crazy ain't in it, the end.