TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

WWE.com has updated the DLC Page with alt attires for Edge, MVP and Masked Kane, as well as the divas Christmas costumes, and the previous guys. WWE.com says it's available now, but on the PSN website it says January 2009

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/22/...psn-in-january/

We at THQ have some great news for all of the PlayStation Blog readers out there. For the first time, the world’s leading fighting franchise will offer downloadable content starting in January 2009. Owners of SmackDown vs Raw 2009 will be able to download updated costumes and even new playable Superstars on their PS3 through PlayStation Network. SVR09 is already chalk full of new features such as the all-new Tag-Team Gameplay, the Create-A-Finisher mode, an all-new Highlight Reel mode and the first ever tag-team storyline. Not to mention, the 100+ match types and updated roster of over 60 playable characters. However, we didn’t feel that was enough. We are proud to announce the first roster update pack for the SmackDown vs Raw franchise. Check out the details for the first download pack below:

Roster Update Pack 1

Available for PS3

Price: $4.99

* Evan Bourne - playable Superstar

* Ted DiBiase - playable Superstar

* Charlie Haas - playable Superstar

* Chris Jericho - alternate attire

* Kelly Kelly - holiday costume (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)

* Maria Santa - holiday costume (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)

* Masked Kane - alternate attire (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)

* MVP - alternate attire (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)

* Edge - alternate attire (EXCLUSIVELY ON PS3)

For more information and images, please visit http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sdvsraw09/dlc/

You can also view updated trailers, screens, rosters, features and more for SVR09 by going to www.smackdownvsraw.com

I think the "available now!" text on WWE's site is in reference to the game itself. I agree, though, it is misleading. Kinda odd that the xmas attires would be released... after xmas.

Just got this game for $20. If you haven't added me yet, add the tag Matt Young 951. I play on X Matt Young X, but that list is full.

Where/how did you get it so cheap? I want to buy it (just got a PS3 last week) but it's still way too spendy around here lately.

Ironically, though, I did get TNA Impact for only $20, and I am actually enjoying that game immensily, despite really negative reviews of it.

I will bet it will be the same content, just to come out on different days.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Yea, not to mention they couldn't even get their shit together enough to get it out before January. Those Christmas outfits really make sense now..

The release better come with a patch that allows you edit attributes and abilities of all CAWs. Should be able to edit abilities of default wrestlers too, it's stupid I can't have a decent hardcore match without using Punk or Dreamer. At least the exclusive content is stuff I wouldn't use anyways so I personally don't mind that as much.

Rumor is that the patch is out today.

Any source of said rumor? I'm looking around the web and I haven't stumbled across anything to support that.

CAWS.ws

Seriously. Some guy on there is saying that he knows this guy who works for WWE.com and yadda yadda yadda. At least, that's where I saw the rumor first posted.

Ah true, now that I check the CAWs site, people are talking about it there. Apparently it hasn't fixed any of the things that THQ promised it would, though.. wierd.

Ah true, now that I check the CAWs site, people are talking about it there. Apparently it hasn't fixed any of the things that THQ promised it would, though.. wierd.

Everyone seems to be exclaiming it's a "pre-patch".

One that at the moment allows you to deny an ability you may have unlocked, according to one post at least.

CAWS.ws

Seriously. Some guy on there is saying that he knows this guy who works for WWE.com and yadda yadda yadda. At least, that's where I saw the rumor first posted.

Works for Meltzer.

Again I repeat, Fuck this PS3 only/first shit!

I have both a PS3 and a Xbox 360. Shall I mention Fallout 3, Gta 4 getting exclusive only for the 360 DLC?

What is the best way to get behind a groggy opponent to do a finisher?

Are you from the U.S.? Where is the update? I am downloading the DLC right now as we speak.

The update should be automatic if you're signed into the net. It asked me to install it as soon as I tried to boot the game disc.

Anyone else actually surprised to see Super Crazy in there?

What's also weird.. Kane, Edge & MVP all have alt attires under their original character slots.. but for some reason the new Jericho & Rey attires are separate character slots. :huh:

I also noticed that they took out the alternate portraits for HBK & HHH when you're selecting their DX attires. *double :huh:*

I have both a PS3 and a Xbox 360. Shall I mention Fallout 3, Gta 4 getting exclusive only for the 360 DLC?

That's kind of different though. GTA DLC is a contract Rockstar has with Xbox, I don't know the reasoning for Fallout 3. Those games are a bit different though than Smackdown vs Raw. This should be a universal DLC that comes out at the same time for both systems.

That's kind of different though. GTA DLC is a contract Rockstar has with Xbox, I don't know the reasoning for Fallout 3. Those games are a bit different though than Smackdown vs Raw. This should be a universal DLC that comes out at the same time for both systems.

Ok, well Fallout 3 and GTA 4 should be universal as well.

Ok, well Fallout 3 and GTA 4 should be universal as well.

I sorta agree but Rockstar has been fucking Microsoft over with that exclusive shit for years so that's why they're doing it. I think Bethesda just likes the 360 a lot more than the PS3 since Oblivion got a bunch of DLC stuff way before the PS3 verison did.

GTA 4 Exclusive MS DLC: It's a deal worked between Rockstar and MS. Its a way to get more copies of the game sold (you need to have a copy of GTA 4 in the system for the Lost and Damned DLC to work) and to push those that are undecided between a 360/PS3 to side with Microsoft. Would you choose to simply just have GTA 4 or would you choose to have the game and get content you can't get anywhere else?

Fallout 3: No real clue..might be due to more people liking to work with the 360 on a whole than the PS3 and thus put more work into the 360 sku than the PS3. I know Valve's a bit "meh" on the PS3 as are others.

With Smackdown, I can only see this as appeasement to PS3 owners who didn't get a demo last year and had to also lose out on a bit of the CAW mode (less layers and such)..oh, and I can't remeber if 07 had a Special Ed. for PS3 but I know it did for 360 so this might be a way to get the PS3 owners back on the wagon.