TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009: News/screens

Just DL the DLC and I just finished playing with Hass and Bourne, it was entertaining to say the least. I have yet to check out if there was a patch and if I can edit my CAW attributes. I'm surprised that Crazy is in there, I thought WWE took him out, oh well.

I can't tell what the patch can do, but I did have a fun match last night Rey/Bourne vs Londrick. Ladder match with everyone flying all over the place.

I guess that they can only have 2 outfits per character model, so thats why Rey and Jericho got new character slots.

Kane, Edge, Maria, Kelly Kelly, MVP, CM Punk all have moreethan one outfit and picture.

Yeah they have 2. I think he was saying once it hits 3 they have to move it to a new slot. It's probably the case, but you'd think it'd be something that's easily fixable via their lil patching thinger. Oh well, not a big deal.. it's just wierd to have two slots for the same guy.

I was using DiBiase and Rhodes last night.. and had the funniest glitch during their tag team entrance (entrance 01 for teams). DiBiase was on the left and was supposed to have his arms out but instead it's like his right arm was dislocated and pointing in the other direction across his chest. It looked like something out of Silent Hill, lol. It's only happened once so far though..

GTA 4 Exclusive MS DLC: It's a deal worked between Rockstar and MS.

Well, also, who's to say that these exclusives for SDvR09 aren't a contract between THQ & Sony?

Did they add new moves for the new characters? I'll probably get buy the pack later tonight but I'd like to know if Dibiase has his legsweep finisher?

Yup! Tons of new moves in there! Bourne's are by far the most entertaining!

Fuckin awesome! Can't wait to play as Bourne. He's probably the only reason I'm getting it, I just figured if they did in fact add moves, they wouldn't really do anything for him since most of his moves are already in the game (THE SLICE!), which is why I asked about Dibiase instead.

Some dude on CAWS.ws went through the characters and listed most of the new moves:

Evan Bourne

Strikes: Flying Mayorama, Rolling Savate

Strong Grapple: Flying Kneel Kick, Jumping High Knee

Ground: New standing moonsault

Corner Grapple: Diving Front Kick, Diving Down Dropkick

Top Rope: Flying Knee attack

Sigs: New Frankensteiner 2, Standing Sea of Fire

Finisher: New Frankensteiner 1

Dibiase

Sig. Fistdrop

Finishers: Cobra clutch legsweep, million dollar dream

Haas

Finishers: Haas of Pain, Cloverleaf Breaker

I must say that Bourne's ground moonsault is pretty fucking sweet!

Bourne's entire moveset is pretty sweet. Very surprised to see Super Crazy in the pack, and even more surprised by the guys pic...he looks like he is about to kill someone.

Is there a trick to the ladder matches? It's seems like it takes forever to remove the object from the top of the ladder/

If you move both analog sticks up, you will grab the object with both hands which seems to speed up how quick the object comes down. Still takes a while to do it, however.

Had to edit Bourne's moveset to give him the Slice as his secondary finisher, but now, he's perfect for using.

Also, I HATE this games submission system. Is there ANY WAY I can make someone tap out with something other than those SS moves? It sucks when dudes can't tap out to the Tazmission or the Million Dollar Dream. What gives?

I know that some finisher submissions will do instant taps, including the Taker's. It sucks, though that even Regal's stretch won't get a tapout.

As for the patch, apparently it lets you deny the abilities you unlock for your CAW as you get them throughout Career mode.. kind of lame, still, if you can't just pick and choose.

For the next DLC, I'd love to see new characters like Knox, Noble, Snuka, Manu, Primo & R-Truth.

Alternate attires for Jeff Hardy, Brian Kendrick, something current for Edge, Kofi & Punk.

Of course a dream scenario would also be new RTWM storylines. Preferably more heel-based scenarios for JBL, Edge or Orton.

Also, I'm betting that Christian will have re-debuted by the time the next DLC comes out, so who knows.. if there's a huge push behind his return we might get him as DLC. THAT would be sweet. :P Oh, I'd also love to see some new entrance animations. Something current for Jericho would be great. Or even his normal theme.

I know that some finisher submissions will do instant taps, including the Taker's.

I've never had that. Has anyone actually seen it happen?

I thought it was impossible, too. But I did get it to happen at least once or twice. I think someone answered me earlier on in this thread that you have to have two body parts red in order to get the instant tap out.

OK, next question. Is the DLC available in Europe? I've downloaded the patch, but I can't for the life of me find the DLC in the PS Store. On the other hand I have never downloaded anything before because I only got the console about a month ago, so I'm not EXACTLY sure how to use this damn thing. Am I being blind/technologically incompetent (which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest), in which case, help! Or is it just that us over here can't get the DLC yet?

OK, next question. Is the DLC available in Europe? I've downloaded the patch, but I can't for the life of me find the DLC in the PS Store. On the other hand I have never downloaded anything before because I only got the console about a month ago, so I'm not EXACTLY sure how to use this damn thing. Am I being blind/technologically incompetent (which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest), in which case, help! Or is it just that us over here can't get the DLC yet?

Look for New Releases. It should be there. If not, it's probably not out yet for you.

Right, that solves that, cheers.

Next question: How in the blue hell do you bump up your strength characteristic in Season mode? I can work out the rest, but no matter what I try - lots of strikes, lots of grapples, lots of Ultimate Control - it never seems to go up by much.

One thing that's getting to me is (After the patch), one of my CAW, you can choose your abilities (well deny them) well, I've been trying to get the kick up ability, right, but everytime I get like 4 unlock ability, I deny the first two, and then that's it. I'm not able to pick any of the other two, it's not giving me that option. Has anyone come across this problem? If so, is there a solution, or is my game fuckin up already?

I found that, Bo. I won my sixth title and got three abilities, blocked the first two and then couldn't get the Kip Up. I just went on and won my seventh title and this time on the title match I only got two abilities: Blocked the first, accepted the Kip-Up as the second. Just keep plugging at it. I was getting 'Steal Move' and 'Object' abilities more or less every time, but when I knocked the Hardyz off for the Tag Titles I only got 'Object' so could accept the Kip-Up.

Hey Toxxic, I thought the same thing too, the problem is that, when "Kickup" was number two, I got excited like "FINALLY" but the same problem occurred. I think it has to be numher one is order for me to get it. I've been having title defense upon title defense and still, another, it will remain NUMBER 2 or later and it wont put me the ability. I really dont know what else to do.