TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Facebook or MySpace?

Facebook, but I hardly use it.

Got myspace first due to that whole: "Hey dude! Check out the pics I put up there..." thing and having to sign up to see 'em.

I got rid of it a while ago, Myspace that is, and like I stated above, hardly use my facebook.

Myspace gets me lots of gay sex. And, not that you'd know what constitutes it or care, but this is good gay sex.

You should throw that into your stand-up routine if you haven't already.

I used to have both, but deleted them both a while ago (you really can't be a [student] teacher and be on these sites). When I did have them, however, I liked Facebook better. The best part of it was when they expanded the photos from your one face picture to an unlimited album. They are both absolute havens for creepers, though, my socially inept roomate sits on Facebook for hours going through photo albums of girls from his hometown. Beware of stuff you put up on 'em.

I begrudgingly have both but prefer Myspace. Those constant application requests and notifications on Facebook are very tiresome, but I hate that too many idiots have tricked out their Myspace pages to be loud and unreadable as well.

I find the application request problem has become very minimal thanks to the "block requests for this application" option. I'm also now seeing the previously mentioned "People You Might Know" bar on the main page, but I find it more handy than hurtful.

Shit, just drop all of your firends, eat a bunch of whoppers, and then add them as friends again. Repeat if necessary.

Hell, you can eat free every day while this application is still going on.

Guest Vitamin X

I could actually stand to drop a few people on there I haven't talked to in ages or barely know, so yeah easy for me. Trim my facebook friends list and get a free burger? Sounds good to me.

FACEBOOK.

Although, it has it's evils, I do get a kick out of it. If you do dig it, it becomes very addictive.

The funny thing I find about Facebook though, everyone's friends list is overflowing with people they have no intention of ever talking to again.

Facebook for sure. MySpace has always been one of the most poorly designed sites with a user-interface that is just the complete opposite of intuitive.

Facebook for sure. MySpace has always been one of the most poorly designed sites with a user-interface that is just the complete opposite of intuitive.

I hate when someone on Myspace has a bunch of flash/images on their pages. Takes forever to finish loading.

I like GeoChallenge personally.

Me too, CG got me into that (damn him!).

We're even for the city game a few years ago.

Facebook, but it's a winding road. I remember getting MySpace somewhere in 2006, after I was implored to share pictures from a night at the bar (the previous time, I had to burn 6 cd's! Photobucket would only allow one upload at a time - it was probably my fault, but I never bothered to learn). I was on MySpace off and on for a little bit until early 2007, when someone I went to high school with sent me a invitation to Facebook. Then, a few weeks later, someone I didn't know, but apparently knew me (probably from seeing me work at Wal*Mart for so long) invited me. I held off for a few weeks, then finally caved, and got hooked. I remember prefering MySpace (I liked having 'entrance music'), but I tried to log into MySpace in late 2007 and couldn't remember my password. Since my password for everything is either one of two similar things (in the same vein as Carter93, or WorldSeries93) - I figured my inability to remember was an omen, lost interest, and haven't looked back.

I deleted MySpace since I made this thread however long ago. Just couldn't handle it anymore.

I didn't appreciate the new Facebook at first but I strongly prefer it now.

My job on Facebook is to make snarky comments on everyone's statuses. I've been on it like nuts the last week, but that's just because I friended a buuuuunch of people from grade school days when I got bored one afternoon. There was definite fist pumpage when I passed 100 friends, because I'll never be one of those 500+ friend people. I don't know how their front page isn't just a perpetual scrolling of stuff people are doing.