TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

The Legend of Zelda

Guest Smues
Nerds. That looked terrible.

I agree. And I am a nerd, I just didn't think that looked any good. And whenever I hear "The Legend of Zelda: The movie" all I can think of is that fake poster with Eminem as Link.

Good April's Fools joke. If this was real, I don't know if this would be good. Legend of Zelda is among the greatest videogames series ever but I don't think it would break the videogames-to-movie curse as pretty much every movie inspired by a game is average-at-best or downright horrible.

Just for the hell of it, whatever happened to the Peter Jackson Halo film ?

Good April's Fools joke. If this was real, I don't know if this would be good. Legend of Zelda is among the greatest videogames series ever but I don't think it would break the videogames-to-movie curse as pretty much every movie inspired by a game is average-at-best or downright horrible.

Just for the hell of it, whatever happened to the Peter Jackson Halo film ?

Development hell. Microsoft wanted too much up front money and too much creative control and their financing fell apart.

I like to think Nintendo learned their lesson about haphazardly dishing out their licenses after the Mario movie and various other nonsense like the CD-I crap. They wouldn't let something like that happen again, but no one else seems to have gotten a clue either. The only real evidence in Nintendo's favor is that they've managed to stay away from it all since. When the best video games have to offer is the Mortal Kombat or Resident Evil series, maybe Tomb Raider, then that's pretty bad.

Of course this looks lousy, it's basically a fanmade trailer. The concept itself isn't so bad, though, and with real actors and better effects it'd look much better. However there are just some games that wouldn't transfer well (realistically speaking) and I've always thought Zelda is one of them.

Well there'll always be that one Zelda-like movie Andrew talked about in the past.

I need to read up on it again, but a director did buy the rights to do a Metroid movie in 99 but hasn't got around to doing it yet.

EDIT: I just checked, it was John Woo and he bought the rights in 04 but hasn't started production yet.

Guest ToughestManAlive

I think a Zelda movie could be pulled off but it'd be no easy task.

That was really cool! Damn shame that was a prank.

If it was up to Hollywood though:

Elijah Wood - Link

Naomi Watts - Zelda

Dominic West - Ganon/dorf