TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Lyrics and Things

We're getting funny in the back of my car. I'm sorry honey if I took you just a little too far. Yes. A too, too far. So I told the fellas out behind the bar, so let me tell you honey just how fine you are. Yes. Yes you are. You see, I'm begging you, baby. Begging you, baby. Begging on my hands and my knees. Saying I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT.

I see you driving up and down my road. I tell you, honey, you're the prettiest girl I know. That's for sure. But you better use it up before it gets old, though. I tell you, honey, you've let your life grow cold, no. No no no. I'm a'begging you, baby. Begging on my hands and my knees.

I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT!

Well, I've been working since a'10 of 9. I tell you, sugar, by midnight I'll be fine. Flying high. We'll hit the town, we'll have a hell of time. I tell you, honey, by morning you'll be mine, yes. All mine. You know, I'm begging you, baby. Begging on my hands and my knees.

I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT!

I herd the news baby. All about your disease. Yeah, you may have all you want baby. But I gots something you need. Oh, yeah! AIN'T TALKING BOUT LOVE! MY LOVE IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE! AIN'T TALKING BOUT LOVE! JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU BEFORE! YEAH< BEFORE.

You know your semi good looking. And on the streets again. Oh, yea you think you're really cooking baby. You better find yourself a friend. My friend.

AIN'T TALKING BOUT LOVE! MY LOVE IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE! AIN'T TALKING BOUT LOVE! Just like I told you b4. B4. B4. Uh-b4.

I been to the edge. I stood and looked down. You know I lost alot of friends there baby. I got no time to mess around. So if you wnat it got to BLEED FOR IT BABY. Yeah, you got to got to BLEED FOR IT BABY. Mmm, you got to got to BLEED BABY. HEYYY, you got to got to bleed baby!

AIN'T TALKING BOUT LOVE! DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT LOVE! NO NEED TO TALK ABOUT LOVE! AIN'T TRYING TO TALK ABOUT LOVE~!

Out on the tar plains the glides are moving, all looking for a new place to drive. You sit beside me so newly charming. Sweating dewdrops glisten fresh in your side. And the sun drips down bedding heavy behind the front of your dress all shadowy lined and the droning engine throbs in time with your beating heart.

Way down the lane away, living for another day, the aphids swarm up in the drifting haze. Swim seagull in the sky towards that hollow western isle.

My envied lady holds you fast in her gaze.

And the sun drips down bedding heavy behind the front of your dress all shadowy lined and the droning engine throbs in time with your beating heart and the sun drips down bedding heavy behind the front of your dress all shadowy lined and the droning engine throbs in time with your beating heart.

sing blue silver

And watching lovers part, I feel you smiling. What glass splinters lie so deep in your mind to tear out from your eyes with a thought to stiffen brooding lies?

And I'll only watch you leave me further behind...

And the sun drips down bedding heavy behind the front of your dress all shadowy lined and the droning engine throbs in time with your beating heart and the sun drips down bedding heavy behind the front of your dress all shadowy lined and the droning engine THROBS in time with your beating heart.

sing blue silver

sing, sing...blue silver

(Theres more to this kind of camouflage--more than just colour and shape)

(Who's going now, into a classiomatic?)

And now to get serious for a moment, here's one that got me through a lot of tough times...

Another day is at end. Mama said she's tired again. No one can even begin to tell her. I hardly know what to say but maybe it's better that way, if Papa were here I'm sure he'd tell her...

Shannon is gone I heard, she's drifting out to sea. She always loved to swim away. Maybe she'll find an island with a shaded tree, just like the one in our backyard.

Mama tries hard to pretend that things will get better again. Somehow she's keepin' it all inside her. But finally the tears fill our eyes and I know that somewhere tonight that she knows how much we really miss her.

Shannon is gone I heard, she's drifting out to sea. She always loved to swim away. Maybe she'll find an island with a shaded tree, just like the one in our backyard. Just like the one in our backyard...

Don't get me wrong, I love these hoes, It's no secret, everybody knows. Yeah we fucked, bitch so what? That's about as far as your buddy goes. We'll be friends, I'll call you again, chase you around every bar you attend. Never know what kind of car I'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then.

You don't want that. Neither do I. But I don't wanna flip when I see you with guys. Too much pride. Between you and I, not a jealous man but females lie.

But I guess that's just what sluts do. How could it ever be just us two? Never loved you enough to trust you, we just met and I just fucked you.

But I do know one thing though. Bitches they come they go. Saturday through Sunday, Monday. Monday through Sunday yo. Maybe I'll love you one day, maybe we'll someday grow. 'Till then just sit your drunk ass on that fucking runway hoe.

I was trying to find a transcript of Casey Kasem's tirade about the "fucking dead dog song", but now there's a post between mine and King Kamala's. So fuck it, if you want to read it, find it yourself.

Some days I don't wanna be bothered, Some days I just miss my father (damn) Some days I just miss my father.

Some days I wanna relapse on redline, Cuz he'll be gone for 26 months fed time.

I try to maintain through all this, And pray to god pop keep the same clean date at Ft. Dicks.

My pockets flat kid, You do the math on $5.15 an hour full time after taxes.

That wasn't good enough to keep my M.O., Shit that wasn't good enough to complete my demo.

For real.

Some days I don't wanna be seen, And some days I don't shower, I don't wanna be clean.

Look, sometimes the truth could hurt you, So I blow my cig smoke right at the Truth commercial...

Some days I don't wanna be bothered, Some days I just miss my father.

And even if by a miracle he makes it half way out, It won't be parole y'all, it'll be the half way house.

But NAAH!

That's not the right path for a Budden, 'Cuz we're addicts, addicts can't do half of nothin'.

Some days I'm reachin for the thing in the dresser, Some days I'm not invincible and I feel the pressure.

Like if everyone's dependin on me, and I just stop...

Then what the fuck happens? I can't take that route and girl out. And sometimes I don't wanna hear my girls mouth.

'Cuz,my hectic schedule, she ain't considerin'; So all I hear is the complaints and bickerin'.

Radio's, studio's, photo shoots: She think I'm fuckin every girl that say I'm oh so cute.

"Cute."

Don't appreciate a man and you lose him. Worst thing to do to an innocent man is accuse him.

And I ain't with beefin' with home, Bran Nubian style, I had to love ma' but leave her alone.

It ain't workin out, I'll see you aight? Just let go and let God see if we reunite.

'Cuz with yo' shit, added to the dudes that wanna see me fall...

Nah, fuck it I won't fall. Let me talk to all of you dudes prayin that I lose it all: I ain't come this far to fall,

Fall...

But listen: I'm fucked up now, don't ask why y'all. Sometimes the best medicine is just to cry y'all.

Know what I'm sayin'? Excuse my voice fans, that should be a sign that I identify with what I'm sayin'.

Cuz it's these type of thoughts that'll kill ya, If you smokin' with me right now, then you a good way from the filter.

And I won't front like I ain't stressin', Sometimes I need a hug, real shit, pain shared is pain lessened. (nigga)

Just give me 10 minutes, I just need 10 minutes alone, To not deal with a thing, to not answer my phone.

Just to ig' my 2 way, ig' the shit in the streets, Just let me smoke this one cig in peace.

Give me 10 minutes, Without y'all comin at me with that bull,Sometimes that's all it takes to ruin my last pull.

And right now, that's what got the kid at peace, Let me smoke this one cig in peace...

I live my life like there's no tomorrow. All I've got, I had to steal. Least I don't need to beg or borrow. Yes, I'm living at a pace that kills. Ewww, yeah.

RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL!

Let me tell you all about it. I found the simple life...ain't so simple! When I jumped out on that road. I got no love (no love you'd call real.) Ain't got nobody waiting at home.

RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL!

I found the simple life weren't so simple, no. When I jumped out on that road. Got no love (no love you'd call "real.") Ain't got nobody waiting at home.

RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL!

av-8571.jpg

Girl.

You really got me going. You got me so I don't know what I'm doing.

Gurl.

You really got me now. You got me so I can't sleep at night.

Girl, you really got me going. You got me so I don't know where I'm going, yeah. Awww, YEAH! You really got me now. You got me so I can't sleep at night. (you really got me, you really got me, you really got me.)

Please.

Don't ever let me be. I always want to be by your side. Pleeze. Don't ever let me be. I only want to be by your side.

Gurl. You really got me going. You got me so I don't know what I'm doing, yeah. Awww, YEAH! You really got me now. You got me so I can't sleep at night. (you really got me! you really got me! you really got me!

Gurl. You really got me now. You got me so I don't know what I'm doing. Girl, you really got me now. You got me so I can't sleep at night.

GIRL. YOU REALLY GOT ME NOW. YOU GOT ME SO I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M GOING, YEAH. Awww, YEAH! You really got me now. You got me so I can't sleep at night. (you really got me! you really got me! you really got me!)

I could hardly believe it when I heard the news today

I had to come and get it straight from you

They said you were leavin', someone swept your heart away

From the look upon your face I see it's true

So tell me all about it, tell me 'bout the plans you're makin'

Then tell me one thing more before I go

TELL ME HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU

NOW THAT I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU SO LONG

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU

AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CARRY ON

WHEN ALL THAT I'VE BEEN LIVING FOR IS GONE????????????

You need protection from the physical part of conversation. Though the pen is mightier than the lip, it adds the aggrava-shun! I got the password. I got persuasion! A proposition for invasion of your privacy. Give yourself away and find the fake in me.

YOU'LL NEVER BE A MAN! No matter how many foreign bodies you can take. You'll never be a man. When you're half a woman and you're half-awake, with a face full of tears and a chemical shake, given half a chance that I can take. Are you so superior, are you in such pain? ARE YOU MADE OUT OF PORCELAIN? When they made you, they broke the cast. Don't want to be first, I just want to last.

You strike a profile on the low side of my imagina-shun. My eyes climbed down to find the point of possible satura-shun!! I got the password! I got persuasion! A proposition for invasion of your privacy. Give yourself away and find the fake in me.

YOU'LL NEVER BE A MAN!

And so on.

Frankly, and not that anyone asked, but this Trust album is probably my 2nd favorite Costello record, right behind Get Happy!

Oh, it's not easy to resist temptation, walking around looking like a figment of somebody else's imagination.

Taking every word she says just like an open invitation, but the power of persuasion is no match for ANTICIPA-SHUN!

Like a finger...runnning dowwwwwn a seam. From a whisper to a scream! So I whisper and I scheme, but don't get me wrong. Please don't leave me waiting too long. Waiting too long. Waiting too long. Waiting too long.

Oh, if the customers like it, then they'll keep on paying. If they keep on drinking, then they'll end up staying. I heard someone say "Where have we met before?" but the one over the eight seems less like one and more like four. (The fuck does that mean?)

Like a finger...running dowwwwn a seam. From a whisper...to a scream! So I whisper and I scheme, but don't get me wrong. Please don't leave me waiting too long. Waiting too long. Waiting too long. Waiting too long.

And so on.

This is why I'm hot. This is why I'm hot. I'm hot cuz I'm fly. You ain't cuz you not. This is why. This is why. This is why I'm hot.

That one's for you, Byron.

Guest (Loggins Name)

av-8571.jpg

I'm the next act waiting in the wings. I'm an animal trapped in your hot car. I am all the days that you choose to ignore. You are all I need. You are all I need I'm in the middle of your picture, lying in the reeds.I am a moth who just wants to share your light. I'm just an insect trying to get out of the night. I only stick with you because there are no others. You are all I need. YOU ARE ALL I NEED. I'm in the middle of your picture, lying in the reeds. It's all wrong. It's all right. It's all wrong. It's all right. It's all wrong. It's all right. It's all wrong. It's all right. It's all wrong. It's all right.

Frankly, and not that anyone asked, but this Trust album is probably my 2nd favorite Costello record, right behind Get Happy!

Seriously? I think This Year's Model and Imperial Bedroom are head and shoulders above any other studio album he's released.

Well she was an American girl

Raised on promises

She couldn't help thinkin'

That there was a little more to life somewhere else

After all it was a great big world

With lots of places to run to

And if she had to die tryin'

She had one little promise she was gonna keep

Oh yeah, all right

Take it easy, baby

Make it last all night

She was an American girl

Well it was kinda cold that night

She stood alone on her balcony

Yeah, she could hear the cars roll by

Out on 441 like waves crashin' on the beach

And for one desperate moment

There he crept back in her memory

God it's so painful when something that's so close

Is still so far out of reach

Oh yeah, all right

Take it easy, baby

Make it last all night

YOU WATCH WHAT I SAY

WATCH WHAT I SAY

WATCH WHAT I DO

BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T CARE

I REALLY DON'T CARE

I KNOW YOU'RE TRYING TO GET SOMEWHERE

YOU WATCH WHAT YOU SAY

WATCH WHAT I DO

I'M GONNA GET ON YOU

I REALLY DON'T CARE

I REALLY DON'T CARE

YOU'RE NEVER GONNA GO NOWHERE

I GET WET

I GET WET WHEN THE PARTY IS DYING

I GET WET WITHOUT EVEN TRYING

I GET WET I GET WET I GET WET I GET WET

I GET WET WHENEVER YOU'RE CRYING

I GET WET WHEN I KNOW THAT'S YOU'RE DYING

I GET WET I GET WET I GET WET I GET WET!

Screen door slams

Mary's dress waves...

like a vision she dances across the porch

as the radio plays

Roy Orbison singing for the lonely

Hey that's me...and I want you only

Don't turn me home again

I just can't face myself along again

Dont you run back inside darling

you know just what i'm here for

so you're scared and your thinkin' that maybe we ain't that young anymore

well show a little faith

there's magic in the night

YOU AIN'T A BEAUTY BUT HEY YOU'RE ALLRIGHT

and that's allright with me

you can hide neath your covers and study your pain

make crosses from your lovers

throw roses in the rain

waste your summer waiting in vain

for a savior to rise from these streets

he rain

spend your summer praying in vain

for a savior to rise from these streets

well i ain't no hero that's understood

only redemption i can offer is beneath

this dirty hood

with a chance to make it good somehow

hey what else can we do now?

except roll down the windows and let the wind blow back your hair

the night's bustin' open these two lanes will take us anywhere

we got one last chance to make it real

to trade in some wings for these wheels

Climb in back

Heaven's waiting on down the tracks

Oh-oh come take my hand

We're riding out tonight to case the promised land

Oh-oh Thunder Road oh Thunder Road

Lying out there like a killer in the sun

Hey I know it's late we can make it if we run

Oh Thunder Road sit tight take hold

Thunder Road

Well I got this guitar

And I learned how to make it talk

And my car's out back

If you're ready to take that long walk

From your front porch to my front seat

The door's open but the ride it ain't free

And I know you're lonely

For words that I ain't spoken

But tonight we'll be free

All the promises'll be broken

There were ghosts in the eyes

Of all the boys you sent away

They haunt this dusty beach road

In the skeleton frames of burned out Chevrolets

They scream your name at night in the street

Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet

And in the lonely cool before dawn

You hear their engines roaring on

But when you get to the porch they're gone

On the wind so Mary climb in

IT'S A TOWN FULL OF LOSERS...

AND I'M PULLIN OUT OF HERE TO WINNNNNNNNNNNN....

av-8571.jpg

Bad girls, talking about the sad girls. Sad girls...talking about the bad girls, yeah. See them out on the street at night, walkin', picking up on all kinds of strangers. If the price is right, you can score (if your pocket's nice). But you want a good time...You ask yourself who they are--like everybody else, they come from near and far.

Bad girls, talking about the sad girls. Sad girls...talking about the bad girls, yeah. Friday night, and the strip is hot. Sun's gone down, and they're about to trot. Spirits high (and they look hot).

Do you wanna get down?

Now don't you ask yourself who they are? Like everybody else, they wanna be a star. Sad girls, sad girls...You such a dirty bad girl. Beep beep. Uh, uh. You bad girl, you sad girl. You such a dirty bad girl. Beep beep. Uh, uh.

Now you and me, we are both the same, but you call yourself by different names. Now your mama won't like it when she finds out her girl is out at night. Toot toot, hey. Beep beep.

"Hey mister, have you got a dime? Mister, do you want to spend some time?

"Oh yeah."

"I got what you want, you got what I need. I'll be your baby, come and spend it on me. Hey mister, I'll spend some time with you (with you), you're fine (with you)..."

Bad girls...they're just bad girls. Talkin' about sad girls...sad girls.

"Hey, hey mister, got a dime?"

Here's another one that means a lot to me and has gotten me through some tough times. I dedicate this one to a certain TSMer who broke my heart (you know who you are!).

Long ago, and, oh, so far away

I fell in love with you before the second show.

Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear,

but you're not really here.

It's just the radio.

Chorus:

Don't you remember you told me you love me baby?

You said you'd be coming back this way again baby

Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby.

I love you, I really do.

Loneliness is such a sad affair, and I can hardly wait

to be with you again.

What to say, to make you come again?

Come back to me again, and play your sad guitar.

Chorus x2

av-8571.jpg

I've begun to question the ways you count your love. We've been holding hands now for quite long enough. Just so happens that the way to this heart of mine may seem a bit unusual so I'll lay it on the line:

You can sodomize me, get behind and ride me, stuff your cock inside me, proceed to fuck me blindly.

You might think I'm dirty if I let you have your way, that's the way boys and girls have been raised to play. If you can't control yourself in saying something more, I can think of things to do with that mouth of yours.

You can eat me out with that dirty mouth, throw me on the couch, do it, then get out.

We don't have to do anything...if you don't want...we can just look into each others eyes...and masturbate...2,3,4!

I promise not to take from you without me giving back. Love is love is love is love, but this just isn't that. Take a shower when you're done, but this won't wash away. If you keep me satisfied I might let you stay.

I will suck you off, choke me with your cock, blow it on my face, your load I wanna taste.

Hey ma, what's up, lets slide, all right, all right

And we gon get it on tonight

You smoke, I smoke, I drink, me too, well good

Cause we gon get high tonight

Got drops, got Coups, got Trucks, got jeeps, all right

Cause we gon take a ride tonight

So ma, what's up, let's slide, all right, all right

Yo, Now I was downtown clubbin', ladies night. Seen shorty she was crazy right and I approach baby like, "Ma, What's your age and type?"

She looked at me and said, "You's a baby, right?"

I told her, "I'm 18 and live a crazy life, plus I'll tell you what the 80's like. And I know what ladies like: Need a man that's polite, listens and takes advice. I could be all three, plus I can lay the pipe. Come with me come stay the night."

She looked at me laughin', like boy your game is tight

I'm laughin' back like sho' you right

"Get in the car. And don't touch nothing. Sit in the car. Let's discuss somethin, either we lovin' or I'll see you tommorow."

Now we speeding up the Westside, hand creepin' up her left side, I'm ready to do it--Ready to bone, ready for dome...55th exit, damn, damn, already we home

Now let's get it on

Hey ma, what's up, lets slide, all right, all right

You smoke, I smoke, I drink, me too, well good

Cause we gon get high tonight

Got drops, got Coups, got Trucks, got jeeps, all right

Cause we gon take a ride tonight

So ma, what's up, let's slide, all right, all right

Now that I got a girl, my Ex wanna holla and spit, told me to acknowledge her quick. She like, "Cam stop frontin' on that Dave Hollister tip. Come over lets swallow and sip."

I'm like, "Ma, that's it! I promise you dick!"

Usually have a problem with chicks. They all say I'm rotten and rich, but not her. Booby's real, high heel dooby feel, plus got them Gucci nails, uh. You a cutie still, and this my down girl too, ain't no groupie deal.

We left the movies with Uzies, Suzuki wheels, to the Jacuzzi, I tell you my booby's real. I mean she do be winning, Louis spinnin. Go to the crib she got the Gucci linen'

I see booby grinning

She looked and said, "Cam, I know that you be sinning"

"Naw, I'm a changed man, look at the range ma'am. I got a whole new game plan"

Looked and said, "That's nothing but game, Cam"

She was right; she was up in the Range man

Droped her off at the L, now I'm flippin' the cell. That's right, I had to call up L.

"Yo, L"

"What up?"

"I hit"

"What else?"

"Plus dome."

"Say word?"

And we got it on tonight

Here comes Johnny singing oldies, goldies

Be-Bop-A-Lua, Baby What I Say

Here comes Johnny singing I Gotta Woman

Down in the tunnels, trying to make it pay

He got the action, he got the motion