TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

Dream matches

Since WWE became the only game in town, a steady flow of these hyped "dream matches" have been occuring. just off the top of my head, since WCW folded:

WCW/ECW vs. WWF Inaugeral Brawl

Title Unification match

Hogan vs. The Rock

The Rock vs. Goldberg

Ric Flair vs. HBK

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

HBK vs. Hogan

Undertaker vs. Ric Flair

They planted the seeds for Hogan/Austin, but that of course wont happen. TNA offered up Joe/Angle, and to lesser extents Steiner/Joe and Sting/Angle. How do they rank against eachother? Was the hype worth it? Are there any left?

I think WWE would be foolish not to run with Batista/Cena at 25. I think it could be this generations Hogan/Savage, Hogan/Warrior or Austin/Rock as far as era defining WrestleMania ME's. I wouldn't call it a dream match i guess though, as i could see wwe giving it away at some lesser ppv (ala Lashley/Cena). I would lvoe to watch the hype for a Sting/Taker match, and I'm sure you all feel the same. Anyone else offer any ideas for a dream match?

-Cheex

I agree that Batista/Cena may be the only legit dream match that they have left. There are other matches that could probably be bigger if booked properly, but that's the one as far as main eventers who've never faced each other on a big stage.

Maybe it wasn't a dream match to the average fan at the time but on paper Shawn Michaels Vs Mr. Perfect at SummerSlam '93 was a Smark dream match. While it was a decent match by normal standards (**1/2-***ish), it was a massive letdown.

Perfect vs Michaels dream match happened in 1991 and was very much a ****+ match with Michaels doing a tope over the turnbuckle, post, stairs and into the aisle.

As for whats left, the only two big matches they can do at this point are Cena/Batista and title for title HHH/Taker.

Guest ToughestManAlive

Are we just talking about WWE matches here?

For WWE, I would like to see the Undertaker vs Michaels perhaps at next Wrestlemania. However, I'm very much worried that their health has detoriated too much and that they really should retire.

The Rock vs John Cena. Yes, the Rock is retired and I wish him the best in his movie career but if he ever did come back for one match, I think this would have to be the one. Imagine the crowd heat!

Michaels vs Noble would be great because you know each one of them would want to put on a super match given the respect Michaels has for Jamie.

Other dream matches:

Hogan Vs. Austin

Hogan Vs. Cena

Hogan Vs. Edge

Hogan Vs. JBL

Austin Vs. Cena

Austin Vs. Orton

Austin Vs. JBL (an actual match)

The Rock Vs. Shawn Michaels

The Rock Vs. John Cena

The Rock Vs. Randy Orton

The Rock Vs. JBL

Booker T Vs. Shawn Michaels

Kurt Angle Vs. Batista

HHH Vs. JBL

HHH Vs. Rey Mysterio

Cena Vs. Batista

Cena Vs. Flair

Cena Vs. Foley

Lesnar Vs. Austin (an actual match)

Lesnar Vs. Batista

Lesnar Vs. Helmsley

Lesnar Vs. Jericho

Lesnar Vs. Michaels

The Undertaker vs. Goldberg

The Undertaker Vs. HHH (HIAC)

The Undertaker Vs. Jericho

Guest IronManLUNG
Yeah...I don't dream of seeing a Randy Orton match ever. JBL either.

I dream of seeing Orton matces way more than Edge or Lesner personally.

I'll second the HHH/JBL match only if it was something like a Last Man Standing, I Quit, etc. because JBL seems to bring his working boots to his gimmick matches/brawls.

The Rock vs Sting quickly became a dream match for me a couple years ago when it was mentioned The Rock wanted to do it.

I'd love to see Hogan vs Austin in like 97 or 98 when Hogan could still go.

Even though it was past both of their primes, The Dudley's (3D) vs. The Steiner Bothers get me excited.

If Sid could recapture the awesomeness of Sid/Goldberg where he bled all over the place, I'd like to see Sid/Batista.

I think if they ever get behind AJ Styles again he could become a dream match guy you could pair with several of the WWE guys as well.

I thought about Styles...but he's so small. Whenever a WWE guy who isn't the biggest goes to TNA it's quite clear that WWE's guys are huge. Christian is taller than Joe for example. That being said...I think Styles and HBK could have a hell of a match if they let it be like HBK/Benjamin was, where they played up Styles outquicking Michaels and losing close.

I've always wanted to see Sting vs. Shawn Micheals. There's no doubt in my mind they could still have a great match. Undertaker and Sting would also be epic.

Other dream matches:

-Punk v. Benjamin

-Orton v. Batista

I don't know if I could really call these dream matches, but they are matches I would like to see.

I could pretty much watch Sting wrestle any of the top guys in WWE. He's not great in the ring or anything...but he's got that "thing" that makes me like his matches. I don't know what that thing is...but I like watching him anyway...

Updated list

WCW/ECW vs. WWF Inaugeral Brawl

Title Unification match

The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock

Hulk Hogan vs. HHH

Rob Van Dam vs. Shawn Michaels

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

The Rock vs. Goldberg

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Goldberg vs. HHH

----- ------ vs. Shawn Michaels