TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest (Loggins Name)

Airbag/How Am I Driving?

Guest (Loggins Name)

So it's been just about a week since the overhaul, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on how things have gone. The main changes thus far have been to welcome back some old friends, retool the staff, try to drum up more traffic in the wrestling department, allow you to change your own names, some minor cosmetic changes with the front page, and we've mostly replaced bans and suspensions with a limited-access folder. Oh, and Metal Ed is the Music folder mod, haha. That ended up being our April Fools' gag.

A brief questionnaire. "If anything" follows the first three questions, of course.

1. What have we done that you like?

2. What have we done that you wish we hadn't?

3. Is there anything you'd like us to do?

4. Would you invite people here to expand the community?

5. Are you optimistic that we're not going to be fucking terrible at this?

6. Chicken tenders or chicken fingers?

1. Appointing Cheech as the Wrestling Folder Custodian. While I initally suggested this as kind of a joke, he's really worked wonders for those folders. The WWE folder in particular is looking better than it has in years and I've got some hope that maybe this is one WWE Folder renovation that will last.

2. My only complaint is somewhat minor but I hope you put some more people in the Whiny Bitches folder.

3. None that immedietely come to mind but if I do have one I'll bring it up. Oh I got one! Give established posters "presents" on their birthday like you did with Ortonsault. Surely if he deserves one, I do!

4. I would if I wanted people to know that I posted way too much on a forum. But yeah therotically if I had other internet friends from other places, I'd recommend this place.

5. I'm very optimistic about the board's future. We're on the up and up. It'll be hard to be worse than Mole.

1.) The clean up in the wrestling folders.

2.) You seem to be giving away mod positions for people asking them. People should earn them.

3.) More skins.

4.) I'd like to, but most of my friends are complete dicks, and you'd feed them to The Leena.

5.) Yes.

6.) Fingers.

-I love that we can change our own usernames now instead of having to ask the mods.

-Cheech working at the WWE folders. I can post there without feeling shame now.

that's all for now.

NOTE: I'd like to preface this by saying that while I don't post much, I've lurked the shit out of this board for far too much of my free time over the last five years. And why I joined is also why I'm posting this:

Killing General Discussion threads in the main wrestling folders. Like I said, I don't post much, but I always enjoyed reading other perspectives and thoughts on the things that I was watching (read: food for thought). And even though I'm here at least twice a day, I never liked trying to figure out where I stopped in a dozens page long thread about topics I may or may not care about. I first re-visited this forum because of the breadth of discussion and the General Discussion threads seemed prohibitive to focused discussion about smaller issues; as well as bringing out the worst in the "thread police" of posters.

Really, nothing, thus far. As it stands, there seems to be an attitudinal (sp?) shift towards the less policed board of 2003(4)-ish. A vibrant board which I greatly prefer.

Jumping Jacks.

No less than I always have.

Sure.

Chicken tenders for days. for days.

Some Radiohead reference there. I have that EP. Great liner notes. N E Way, let Metal Ed remain mod of the music folder. I used to think he was funny. Then I thought shit was played out. Now I think it's funny again!

The name thing was a great implementation. The Repot button's results are yet to be seen.

Maff Chat mod-a-palooza- not so much the who, but the how many. Got no problem with the Metal Ed thing as I don't listen to much music anyway.

Re-uploaded pictures for the Classic threads, if possible.

Well, I would except everyone I know is already here or The Pit.

I'm optimistic that it'll be better than BeanieKidz and Mole's regime.

Tenders, goddamnit.

I don't think I would recommend this place yet to others just due to the amount of meta-humor and inboard jokes we have. But that isn't any different from some boards. Also I wouldn't recommend it to anyone outside of people who like wrasslin'.

Also, chicken fritters better than tenders or fingers.

What have we done that you like?

Dumb answer, but I like that stuff is being done in general. Instead of talk of what could be done to improve the boards and "Oh, that'd be good, but...", shit is actually happening around here again. And if something doesn't work then it can be addressed later. Just the fact that there's activity from the mods seems to have served to make things more active everywhere else.

Letting people change names themselves, getting rid of HTQ, no more ::the threads::, getting rid of the general discussion thread in the WWE folder.

Making Dandy and Piss wrestling mods, when neither deserve it, nor is there any need for it.

Making all the Danny Maff guys mods. There is no need for 10 mods + 3 folder mods especially on a board that essentially polices itself, and most of the mods duties is more maintenance. With most people behaving, the board should have a lot less mods, not more. And people shouldn't be mods just because of AIM chats. Really unecessary move that has soured me on the new administration.

Another thing is unbanning certain people, but not others. It's hypocritical, and it speaks ill of the people running of the place.

Reduce the amount of moderators, and make the mod system less cliquey.

No

Czech, yes. He's done a great job, and he's willing to be held accountable.

CWM and Danny- no. don't like the moves that they have been initating, and don't like the job they're doing.

Chicken fingers.

- The Gulag. By far. I absolutely adore that concept. If I were to get sent there, I'd rejoice. Not only are you going to have at the very least an interesting conversation with Leena at some point, but at the same time you are becoming a specimen for study for the other posters. It's the first section I visit when I come here. I STILL advocate people being thrown in there. They have to merit being thrown in there though...I guess.

Can't think of much. All the changes have had no real bearing on me whatsoever. Overall I think you are doing a good job.

Come up with a code of laws and for minor infractions they get sent to the Gulag. Since I barely post, this will provide me with AMPLE amusement.

Honestly? I've tried. Way back in the day, I introduced people to WDI and that old Hideout place, but when those places died they quit. There's something about how smart ass and inside jokey this place is and always has been that makes people not want to post here. Also doesn't help that I don't consider myself a serious poster here and just chime in with whatever hits my fancy and never argue with other people here. If I go off with some type of insane post with ranting, I'll almost never come back to defend it. I don't consider arguing here worth my time.

To be perfectly blunt, I think you'd have to either go batshit insane or be completely inept to do a bad job right now. I think what you've done and are trying to do is working. It's just the question if you want to keep it going a week, a month, or a year from now. That's what will define if you are doing good or not.

...There's a difference?

This Chicken Tenders/Fingers question has thrown me completely. I only knew about Fish Fingers.

And keep on doing what you're doing.

Guest (Loggins Name)

In response to some complaints I've gotten here and elsewhere, no, Piss probably didn't need to be a wrestling mod, in all honesty.

About the Gulag, why not just have a lottery everyday and have a different person join for a day?

I don't have a problem with any of the changes, and I'll go with chicken tenders.

At the same time, I (speaking for myself, because I don't like speaking for everyone) don't want to chase anyone away. I'm sure more will be added in the future, when it's necessary.

Also, everyone who hasn't, SPEAK UP! We're listening.

speaking from my own experieces of being a 'new poster'... i wouldn't reccomend this forum to my dog. let alone anyone else. unless they're pure masochists :)

It does seem unfair, but most of the veterans here are in that chat anyway.

About the Gulag, why not just have a lottery everyday and have a different person join for a day?

Can there be an e-stoning?

The cleaning up of the wrestling folders comes to mind. Injecting some much needed life into this place.

Nothing really. Modding everyone isn't really going to effect my posting habits too much

To be honest, just keeping this place around is enough for me.

No, only because not alot of people spend a lot time on the internet like I do.

I've seen Scott Keith, Dames, Mike, and Mole all come and go, so as long as the place doesn't outright die, I don't think it will be tough to maintain this place.

Chicken Fingers.

The gulag really needs more people. And not like Marvin who just waited out his suspension...

Quite honestly I didnt want to spend 4 days only being able to see Leena's posts. I probably could have put 100 posts in there WM night in a Marvin only post thread but I decided it was better to sit and enjoy WM.

I dont get the use of the gulag as punishment unless you put a "you must post X # of times" restriction on it before you can come back. Who here wants to only be able to post in a forum that hardly anyone else reads and cant respond to? Why waste your time doing it? I dont think anyone here is that addicted to TSM that they would have to post in there for the sake of posting.

Oh, and to quote a famous fast food campaign slogan:

Chickens dont have fingers.

At the same time, I (speaking for myself, because I don't like speaking for everyone) don't want to chase anyone away. I'm sure more will be added in the future, when it's necessary.

Also, everyone who hasn't, SPEAK UP! We're listening.

Can I be a mod?

You seem to be giving away mod positions for people asking them. People should earn them.

Hey, you said it!

With most people behaving, the board should have a lot less mods, not more.

a board that essentially polices itself

I'm not going to get into the, um, laughableness (laughability?) of those last two (also, that'll be the last thing you ever see me say in regards to that), but...

Yeah, those are the only posts in here I can find about there being too many mods. And there are a lot more elsewhere.

Please, more feedback is good.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
The gulag really needs more people. And not like Marvin who just waited out his suspension...

Quite honestly I didnt want to spend 4 days only being able to see Leena's posts. I probably could have put 100 posts in there WM night in a Marvin only post thread but I decided it was better to sit and enjoy WM.

I dont get the use of the gulag as punishment unless you put a "you must post X # of times" restriction on it before you can come back. Who here wants to only be able to post in a forum that hardly anyone else reads and cant respond to? Why waste your time doing it? I dont think anyone here is that addicted to TSM that they would have to post in there for the sake of posting.

Oh, and to quote a famous fast food campaign slogan:

Chickens dont have fingers.

You mean other than Leena right?

I'm not going to get into the, um, laughableness (laughability?) of those last two (also, that'll be the last thing you ever see me say in regards to that), but...

What I'm saying is that if someone is acting stupid, usually they just get ridiculed and the problem is solved. Other then that, there really isn't a lot of rule breaking going on here that would necessitate 11 posters on the mod staff.

It's funny that that's the last thing you're going to say in regards to that, when you didn't say anything at all. I counted 4 posts- mine, redbaron, Meat and Porter.