TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silence

Undertaker's New Finisher

Edge got put over the most with being able to dominate and have an answer to everything Taker wanted to do, up until he took a moment to regroup his gameplan and magically got caught with Taker's Gogoplata. The same move that has had everyone on the roster tapping within 5 seconds of the hold being locked onto them, even the MONSTERS (Khali, Henry, BDV, etc.) and Edge gets to survive a full minute and almost break out of it.

WWE finally gave Taker's submission a name or is that what it's called in MMA?

MMA. They better come up with something better than the "Taker Care of Business."

Taker Care of Business is his Dragon Sleeper, isn't it? They usually refer to the Gogoplata as "that submission hold!" or the triangle choke.

Yeah. I didn't mean to imply that was what they were calling his new submission, just that in the past they didn't come up with a good name for a new submission of his.

I don't like it, its just like when Punk was trying to do that Anaconda Vice and the crowd just weren't clued up enough to know/care about what he was doing.

You can get submission finishers over if they are sold and protected in the right ways. I don't much like the way that everyone has had blood coming out of their mouths after he released the hold, but it has finished everyone that has been in it so far. Let him take out enough people with it, and the crowd will catch on. The announcers are included in it being sold properly, by the way.

The crowd ate it up at WM24, so it's catching on. It needs to continue to be a quick submitter, saving lengthy submit times for major events, again like WM24. They don't need the blood, there are other ways to show a guy has been totally devastated by the move. For example, if the match is in the middle of the show, have UT choke the guy out, cut to commercial, come back and the guy is still knocked out, taking several guys to revive him and then help him as he stumbles to the back. It's not rocket science.

Personally, I don't know why he really needs this as his finisher, but whatever.

Well, I think it's obviously because he is a big fan of MMA. Personally, I think everyone in the upper card or main event should have a submission finisher or at least a secondary finisher.

And he is generally paired up with guys he can't really pick up for the Tombstone. The chokeslam isn't really a death finisher for him and played out. I don't like a "deadman" using MMA moves, but I can see the reasoning for it.

I know there's been discussion on this before and Lance Storm brought it up in a commentary, but I still can't get past the fact that The Undertaker has his shoulders on the mat while executing this move. I know they'll never do this because it'll kill the move, but someone could just lay back and Taker would be getting pinned.

Personally, I always thought that was gimmicky. IMO, the ref shouldn't be looking for pins when someone isn't even going for one. Sure it's good for a "double finish" gimmick ending (ie: backsuplex pin) but that's about it..

I really liked the way it was used at Mania. I can't see him using it as a regular finisher, but as a one-off ace-up-the-sleeve type move it'd be great.

That said, something bugs me about how they're giving everybody submission finishers now. Some people just weren't meant to have them.

I know there's been discussion on this before and Lance Storm brought it up in a commentary, but I still can't get past the fact that The Undertaker has his shoulders on the mat while executing this move. I know they'll never do this because it'll kill the move, but someone could just lay back and Taker would be getting pinned.

This has happened before already. Taker had Angle in the choke, but Angle jacknifed him and pinned him. Angle got choked out, but the ref was only paying attention to Taker's shoulders.

I really liked the way it was used at Mania. I can't see him using it as a regular finisher, but as a one-off ace-up-the-sleeve type move it'd be great.

That said, something bugs me about how they're giving everybody submission finishers now. Some people just weren't meant to have them.

Especially Cena since he always does the STF-U poorly.

Who else got a submission finisher? I only can catch Raw these days.

It's funny, before Mania 20, no main events had ever ended via submission. Now, in the last 5 Mania's, the only one that didn't was 21.

Dames

It's funny, before Mania 20, no main events had ever ended via submission. Now, in the last 5 Mania's, the only one that didn't was 21.

Dames

And one the main-event level matches still had a submission win (Angle/Michaels)

on the flip side, they gave Jericho an impact finisher!

Codebreaker. I love it. I was really happy he has an impact finisher now. And if they're gearing up for a feud with Punk of some kind, it's a nice foil to the GTS.

Seeing Jericho use the Codebreaker with the ladder at Mania was cool, but theoretically, shouldn't that shatter his knee caps?

Dames

UT doesn't strike me as a guy that needed a submission finisher, but it made sense when he was feuding with Big Daddy V and Mark Henry.

I always thought he should have a finisher called "Six Feet Under" or something like that. "Death Trap" would be cool for his gogoplata, though...wtf kind of word is that, though? Spanish?

UT doesn't strike me as a guy that needed a submission finisher, but it made sense when he was feuding with Big Daddy V and Mark Henry.

I always thought he should have a finisher called "Six Feet Under" or something like that. "Death Trap" would be cool for his gogoplata, though...wtf kind of word is that, though? Spanish?

Portugese. It's from Brazilian Jiujitsu.