TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Lockdown (4/13/2008)

I am...but that's not news.

One of the things I've liked about Lockdown in the past is that it forces the wrestlers to be a little more creative...since some cage spots will already have been done.

As far as I'm concerned...all 3 previous Lockdowns have been fun shows...and I expect this one to be as well.

It is imperative that Joe goes over clean and decisive tonight. That Karen Angle crap about her being at the PPV tonight had better be a double swerve, as in we think she is there to swerve SOMEONE but she ends up doing nothing at all. Can they really have Karen run in again and cost Joe the match? They just did that booking recently and it sucked hard then. And having her cost Kurt the match only cheapens Joe's moment.

It is imperative that Joe goes over clean and decisive tonight. That Karen Angle crap about her being at the PPV tonight had better be a double swerve, as in we think she is there to swerve SOMEONE but she ends up doing nothing at all. Can they really have Karen run in again and cost Joe the match? They just did that booking recently and it sucked hard then. And having her cost Kurt the match only cheapens Joe's moment.

Dude it's a cage match. The whole point of the cage is to stop outside interferance.

You are aware of the previous works of Mister Vince Russo, aren't you ?

Even with that said, there's no calculating how dumb you'd have to be to script anything other than a clean win for Joe in this one.

I wish they still did preshow matches. now it's just a half hour of nothing I haven't seen before.

...although with the way they crammed everyone on this card the match would have to be like...Elix Skipper vs. ... ... ...poor Elix...

You know, I really love TNA's video packages. They're always put together well.

Ok so what's the deal with all the Irish stuff for the pay per view? A lot of green. It seems like they were heading for some kind of irish theme.

Oh...you know why they should have had Skipper in the XScape match? Becuase they could have had spots where he and Curry Man worked together and then Don West could have said "These two guys work remarkably well together" or something. I'd have popped for it.

I'll definately be ordering tonight, mind you with a sack of herbage and Bongzilla by my side....

The card seems more stacked than any TNA ppv in a long time, AND the build for most of the card has been better than I've seen since BFG of last year. Joe/Angle has been the best TNA main event build EASILY since Raven/Jarrett. Every single week of build for this has been tremendous.

Some have already mentioned it, but I'm thinking a Nash heel turn to cost Team Cage the match is definately in order. Nash's persona is borderline heel already, so they might as well go full tilt with it and even up the heel side a bit, especially if Styles probably goes face pretty soon (as well at Tomko maybe?)

Sounds like TNA has almost legitimately sold out this arena tonight, so that should make for a hot crowd.

Sounds like TNA has almost legitimately sold out this arena tonight, so that should make for a hot crowd.

Which would make one hope that they understand screwing up the Angle/Joe match would kill the town. Don't kill towns that like you. Kill Orlando because they don't pay. Actually...don't kill any town...but if you absolutely have to...do it in Orlando.

Is TNA starting to use the "You walked in and shot straight to the main event!" thing? I just noticed it was mentioned during the Joe/Angle package and the Booker T/Roode package.

I'll be in the chat room to see if anyone else cares enough to do the same. I'll look around and post what I can find in there.

This could be a great show or an absolute failure, and it all depends on very simple booking decisions. I guess it just depends on what mood the kooks are in tonight.

For the first time in....years, probably, I'm actually interested in a TNA show. But I still don't buy Joe winning the title for a second.

So I'm still not interested in buying it. Anyone know of a place that's gonna have a stream?

You know, I really love TNA's video packages. They're always put together well.

Ok so what's the deal with all the Irish stuff for the pay per view? A lot of green. It seems like they were heading for some kind of irish theme.

I was wondering about that when the first PPV commercial aired a while back. I thought to myself, "St. Patrick's Day is over! WTF?" But it's simply because they're in (well, near) Boston.

Which would make one hope that they understand screwing up the Angle/Joe match would kill the town. Don't kill towns that like you. Kill Orlando because they don't pay. Actually...don't kill any town...but if you absolutely have to...do it in Orlando.

Yeah, the numbers alone in attendance figures for this show should tell TNA that people want Joe to finally win, and I think it's gotta be a given.

For the first time in....years, probably, I'm actually interested in a TNA show. But I still don't buy Joe winning the title for a second.

So I'm still not interested in buying it. Anyone know of a place that's gonna have a stream?

So if Joe does win the title, are you going to be dissapointed that you didn't buy it?

Boy that FBI warning came up quickly.

You know...I've watched every one of these TNA ppvs and I don't remember being this excited for one. I want to see Joe win so bad that I know that match is going to have me on a rollercoaster when they're trading submissions. They really got me with the build for this main event.

I'm not gonna lie, being in a steel cage is one of most frighting things I've ever done in wrestling.

Jesus Christ who told Don West it was ok to wear that tie!?

Alright for those who aren't watching the pay per view, i'll try to give up to date results as we go.

Match 1: X title Escape match.

So if Joe does win the title, are you going to be dissapointed that you didn't buy it?

Boy that FBI warning came up quickly.

Not really. I'll still be glad that I kept my $30.