TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I almost needed to wear dark sunglasses and headphones just to check out TSM this morning as I am hungover like no other.

Thanks Venk. An hour and a half in, it hit me, it's my birthday. Ever since I graduated college, my birthday just keeps sneaking up on me.

End of August birthday as a child . . . No Buys!

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah seriously, August birthdays suck ass. No one gives a shit because it's labor day, and because everyone else's birthday is this month so they won't even buy you a drink or anything because they're broke from everyone else's party.

I'm guessing babymaking season gets real hot around Thanksgiving. Is it the turkey or something?

Summer birthdays also don't get recognized via a school certificate or PA announcement.

This sort of thing doesn't matter in real life but I also recall people with September - December birthdays were, well, not "looked down" on but kidded in some way about the fact they were technically younger than those of us with January-June birthdays for the school year.

Not to mention to not even to be able to look forward to your birthday due to comments from your family like "So what kind of back pack do you want for your birthday?" Ughhh.

And I still tell myself SummerSlam 1992 took place on Aug 31, not Aug 29 since it aired in the US on the 31st.

I always got good presents for my birthday that were not school related. Also, my late August birthday allowed me to play in some baseball leagues due to my age, even though I was a grade higher than almost everyone else. That way, I played high school ball and senior league ball the same year, which allowed me more playing time and work to develop my game more. I hit .636 my last year of senior league baseball, and was a force in the outfield. A late August birthday helped me quite a bit.

As for why there are so many August birthdays, my dad put it best: "When it was cold outside and snow was everywhere, what better way to keep warm and have something to do than to fuck?"

Happy birthday to Tekcop.

Happy birthday! Ireland has somehow alluded me thus far...

edit: not that I have ever had any particular reason to go there, you'd just think that I would have by now.

Happy birthday! Ireland has somehow alluded me thus far...

edit: not that I have ever had any particular reason to go there, you'd just think that I would have by now.

To be fair, it will be the first time I'll have ever been, so don't feel too bad haha. Expecting to be a good laugh like, I'll let you know.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had actually gone to Maggie May's during my trip to Glasgow. You could get in there for free with a Radiohead ticket as well!

Happy birthday to Mole.

I feel really embarrassed whenever I fall victim to one of my own pet peeves. I'm going to blame the speed at which I type, which, for whatever reason, seems to lead to more homophone related mistakes than actual typos.

Did Nintendo try and screw you over at all, Chris?

Nope :D Ireland was pretty cool, not as expensive as I had been warned it would be. By my reckoning its the same as any Capital City - they know people go there, so prices are put up, but if you look about you can get 'normal' priced food, etc.

Happy Birthday Moleeeeeeeeeeeee

Guest Vitamin X

And a good happy birthday to Comcast Wunderboy Mr. Rant! Only 27? I thought dude was older than that for some reason.

I feel really embarrassed whenever I fall victim to one of my own pet peeves. I'm going to blame the speed at which I type, which, for whatever reason, seems to lead to more homophone related mistakes than actual typos.

l_0c116a35634567e72b086ac34f610d17.jpg

Guest Vitamin X

And a happy birthday today to Sideburnious, who we can all imagine is dressed up as a punk rocker now celebrating his birthday. Oh, and Cowboynumbers also.