TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

The one where we talk about Secret Invasion

I think everyone in the ship was a Skrull. It looks like (from reading New Avengers and Captain Marvel) that the Skrulls don't know they're Skrulls. To infiltrate they have believe they're that person. As evidenced by the Elektra Skrull. Then I suppose "He loves you" triggers them to realize what they are.

This is interesting. I think Mockingbird is a Skrull, she just doesn't know it.

Wel... I do like SI #1 and #2

Actually, it made me go back and pick a few pre SI issues, mostlye New & Mighty Avengers. and they are very fun too.

I think everyone in the ship was a Skrull. It looks like (from reading New Avengers and Captain Marvel) that the Skrulls don't know they're Skrulls. To infiltrate they have believe they're that person. As evidenced by the Elektra Skrull. Then I suppose "He loves you" triggers them to realize what they are.

This is interesting. I think Mockingbird is a Skrull, she just doesn't know it.

That sounds cool. :D

Yeah, in the last New Avengers the Skrulls talk about how they are able to clone the heroes and knows what makes them unique. I think they were even able to take their memories or rebuild them to a certain point. That can even be seen in the scene with the Reed clone and the Skrull pretending to be the rest of the FF. I think Skrull clones don't know they're clones (yay, more clone wars!). The thing with the Vision I believe was just him freaking out the Sentry, like he scanned him and knew what would cause him to break down. It has been pretty good so far, I have a feeling Bendis will deliver.

I think there are two seperate skrulls: the Jervis, Sue Storm, [Elektra] skrulls that are actually taking over and infiltrating the planet.

Then the skrulls sent that ship full of clones as a diversion to the heroes to confuse them further.

Yeah, in the last New Avengers the Skrulls talk about how they are able to clone the heroes and knows what makes them unique. I think they were even able to take their memories or rebuild them to a certain point. That can even be seen in the scene with the Reed clone and the Skrull pretending to be the rest of the FF. I think Skrull clones don't know they're clones (yay, more clone wars!). The thing with the Vision I believe was just him freaking out the Sentry, like he scanned him and knew what would cause him to break down. It has been pretty good so far, I have a feeling Bendis will deliver.

Yeah in Mighty Avengers the Skrulls revealed they know what a complete lunatic the Sentry is. They were just doing it to get him out of the picture.

Issue Three synopsis...

The SHIELD Helicarrier crashes into the Bermuda Triangle and Jarvis asks Maria Hill to immediately surrender.

Captain Marvel destroys Thunderbolts mountain and the team. Norman Osbourn asks him to calm down so they can talk.

Spider Woman/Skrull Queen takes out Echo and finds Iron Man. She reveals to him that he's a Skrull and hasn't even known it.

The Initiative and New Avengers get their asses kicked by the Super Skrulls in NYC. Vision gets blown up and one of the Initiative members is dead. Nick Fury appears on the last page with a new gang of Howling Commandos.

Yeah, Proton. Those third series of recruits are already down two with him dead and Butterball washing out.

Spider Woman/Skrull Queen takes out Echo and finds Iron Man. She reveals to him that he's a Skrull and hasn't even known it.

"Hey Tony, you're so Skrully and you don't even know it"

Well the ending to #4 was pretty sweet

thor coming from the sky, and bucky/cap looking with binoculars

Bendis has been doing a pretty good job with doing alot of building over the last 4 issues, while also filling them with action. The Movement away from the main avenger team(s) was also awesome. Also, they're using all the "spin off"/ other issue tie-ins really well, especially the Bendis written ones.

Your probably right...I do wonder what the reflection of Doom on the Gauntlet is as well.

So a new issue of Secret Invasion came out yesterday. It was a setup issue, with the Skrulls moving forward on their plan to take over the planet and saying that they could run things better. On the flip side, all the heroes, Nick Fury and his group, the Thunderbolts, and even the Hood's villain gang. The book ends with Skrulls vs. all the heroes/villains united.

The other part was a dying Skrull-Captain Marvel talking to Noh-Varr, telling him that he has to live up to being the next Captain Marvel and honor his Kree heritage.

Your probably right...I do wonder what the reflection of Doom on the Gauntlet is as well.

That looks exactly like that Secret Wars issue (I forget precisely which #) where Doom steals Galactus' power to face the Beyonder.

Secret_Wars_10.jpg

Great notice of a swipe. This has completely nothing to do with anything, but the only time a boss of mine ever got me a Christmas present, it was the TPB of Secret Wars. It may have been a little forced, but it was a fun book to read.

So, I just put Secret Invasion 8 up in the Comic Request thread (it's on page 2) so go read that before you read this.

SPOILERS!!!!

So the invasion is over, Janet is dead, Stark is persona non grata, and everyone who had been impersonated is still alive- EVERYONE. So not only do we get Mockingbird back, but if you remember the fight in the Savage Land- it's now confimed that yes, Jean Grey lives again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Sorry, couldn't resist. This is actually an exciting direction they are going in now. Stark is out, both due to the Skrull invasion and his own actions during the Civil War; and Norman Osborn is in as the new head of EVERYTHING. And who were the two people he met with on the far right in that last pannel?

And when did White Queen go evil again?

Janet is dead, so that should give us some good story material for poor Hank. Fury is on the run again apparently. And Luke CAge and Jewl's baby is now MIA, so I wonder if that will be the next arc of the New Avengers.

I must say, I haven't been this excited about the direction of the Marvel universe in a while (I pretty much went exclusive DC during that whole Brand New Day crap).

Thoughts?

I couldn't care less about most of SI, but my brother's been badgering me to read Thunderbolts, and I plowed through about the last twenty or so issues. Including the last three featuring the Skrulls.

I approve of Norman running everything. He's just great. More than a little bonkers, but great.

And when did White Queen go evil again?

I think there's a couple of White Queen's running around in the X-books. Or one of them is Goblin Queen or something. I've been trying to follow along but I haven't been following Uncanny due to my aversion to Land's lightboxing everything.

DARKAVNG002_COV.jpg

And we have ourselves a Dark Avengers line up; this is the cover of issue #2 thats been floating around the solicits: Iron Patriot (I'm assuming is either Norman or Zemo)

Ares

Marvel Boy

I'm assuming that at least one of the Spidey/Hawkeye/Ms. Marvel is an impostor/Skrull/villain in disguise.

Talk from other boards is that

"Wolverine" is Daken (Logan's son from Origins, which is all but confirmed from the New Avengers solicits), "Ms Marvel" is Moonstone, "Spiderman" is Venom (Mac Gargan-ish), and Iron Patriot is Norman.