TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Golf Thread - April

As Czech can tell you, the Dave Loggins-penned "Augusta" will soon be welcoming us to the broadcast, but for the first time, on ESPN instead of USA. Yes, The Masters, in all its splendour, starts in a week. Before my favourite sporting event of the year, however, the tour stops in Houston at Redstone, and the ladies have their first major of the year starting this week as well, with the McDonald's LPGA.

It's also Rory Sabbatini's bday, as Wilbon mentioned on PTI today, before Tony called him "your boy". I'm glad that co-incided with a college hoops coach they were talking to suggesting that he "take over for Wilbon". I hate that Sabbatini.

Nice.

I don't think Woods will win Augusta this year.

I'm going to say Goosen is the winner of the Green Jacket.

A win by Mickelson would really start to parallel Palmer, who won green coats in alternate years from 1958-1964.

Interestingly, Mickelson's also run-up in the US Open in 02, 04, and 06.

Eh, I'll pick Jose Maria Olazabal. He always seems to make a run in one of these major championships every few years or so and if the greens get fast he's got the putter to handle them unlike a large part of the field.

Eh, I'll pick Jose Maria Olazabal. He always seems to make a run in one of these major championships every few years or so and if the greens get fast he's got the putter to handle them unlike a large part of the field.

He's just coming back from a long injury absence. He'll be lucky to make the cut.

My Mickelson-Palmer parallel gives me a 1A pick. KJ Choi finishes top 5.

And I'm gonna say Couples is in the mix on Sunday. He's been playing well, lately - fifth last week and first-round leader at Bay Hill.

Couples seems to do well at Augusta.

Never missed a cut, and tied for 3rd in 2006. Incidentally, he shares the cut streak record with Gary Player at 23, which he'll break this year if he plays the weekend.

What's this about Tiger waking up? I didn't see him play at all today, but he finished at even.

What's this about Tiger waking up? I didn't see him play at all today, but he finished at even.

You missed the chip-in for eagle at 15 after two straight bogeys.

A bogey at 13? He must've dunked one into Rae's Creek.

You missed the chip-in for eagle at 15 after two straight bogeys.

A bogey at 13? He must've dunked one into Rae's Creek.

Nope, he was actually over the green in two, but in what he called "the worst possible spot." He had to chip to the hole at a severe angle to the green, he was too careful with it and it fell short of the green. Chip on and two putts for 6.

Good day for past champs. Sandy Lyle shoots a 72 (reminiscent of Tommy Aaron's Thursday 72 in 2000). His 98 predecessor, Mark O'Meara, is -1.

Didn't Gay Brewer shoot 72 on Thursday sometime this decade? I wanna say he did.

Every time I think Tiger is a lock to do well at a major he's out of contention by Friday afternoon/evening. I should have known better.

Guitarist, I almost pissed myself the other day when I saw Rose was co leader, didnt I pick him last year to win for some stupid reason.

Two Canadians in contention....I swear to god if Wier and Ames screw this up........

Although 3 leftys in the top 10...Lovin it.....Except Phil Chokesondickleson. As good as he is, he'll choke it up good.

I think a lefty, hopefully a Canadian Lefty is gonna take it.

It'll be fun to see who throws up on themselves tomorrow afternoon. Not a lot of major experience at the top of the leaderboard.

Everyone's got to be nervous that Ian Poulter's lurking.

By the way he is playing, Immelman is going to win this thing. He's not making any mistakes out there. Snedetker is doing well for his second apperance, and he can get his first major this year as well.

Everyone was saying that this Slam would have been easy for Tiger. I guess no analyst mentioned that Augusta would have been the most difficult major for Tiger to win.

Phil "just got Rolledbyrickelson is gonna choke so hard next round. Ive just got this feeling.....its mostly hate, but some of it is a feeling that phil is going to blow it.

By the way he is playing, Immelman is going to win this thing. He's not making any mistakes out there.

The amazing thing is that he played the par 5s in even par yesterday. If he can start birdieing some of those holes, look out.

By the way he is playing, Immelman is going to win this thing. He's not making any mistakes out there.

The amazing thing is that he played the par 5s in even par yesterday. If he can start birdieing some of those holes, look out.

Considering the course is going to be soft out there today, he is easily going to card another 68.

Tomorrow should be fun. Conditions are supposed to be brutal. I don't know that any lead will be safe.

And watch Tiger shoot a 61.

Tomorrow should be fun. Conditions are supposed to be brutal. I don't know that any lead will be safe.

And watch Tiger shoot a 61.

Yeah, I don't think so. If he can shoot a 69 or 70, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it.