TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

It's absolutely hysterical that guys like DT & Fairdale Kings have been doing NCAA rosters for like, a decade, and the year EA gets in on the action is the year editing rosters leads to deleted teams, 0 overall/offense/defense ratings and general freezes/crashes during the game. Their incompetence knows no bounds. I'm this close to digging out my PS2 and firing up NCAA 04.

They aren't ignoring this situation.

According to posts from OMT (NCAA Football dev) they're working on a patch for this.

So, there is at least some hope for a solution, especially for the defense.

Alright, so anyone that wants in on the dynasty that hasn't sent me a friend request, please do so.

Eh..I guess I'm just really waiting on either someone on here to have a roster file or one of the more "known" guys in the community to have one that isn't crashing the system before I go thru the process of starting up the dynasty.

I just took care of Stanford 21-6 with Cal, despite their QB going a perfect 23 for 23.

Linder's "rosters" will crash if you edit them, they'll work for now until a better and honest set are up.

The kickoff and punt returns on this game are ridiculously easy. Besides that, I don't have too many problems with the game so far. I'm hoping the patch will get released soon. I need me some real names on my ps3. BTW does anyone besides me have this on PS3?

Alright, so I've decided that I'm not going to wait for the roster patch to drop out of the Heavens to start up the dynasty. I'm going to start working on setting it up right now and those that have shown interest I'll go ahead and put you in the game.

So think of this as a last call for the dynasty.

alright, soo....

Apparently, for me to invite you guys, you've got to get an EA Account set up. I think when you log on to the EA servers within the game, it'll ask you to sign up for one or some shit like that.

When you've done so, post in here so I can set up the dynasty.

Something isn't right.

When I go to Online Dynasty and the EA Locker to download or start new, I get this message popping up

An Xbox LIVE Membership limitation does not allow you to use this feature.

Has anybody else encountered this?

Sent you a friend request Broward. I'm probably gonna get the game on Friday, so I might not have it in time for season 1, but I'll be in for season 2 of Dynasty.

Guest Vitamin X
i love the custom stadium sounds, simply because i put pieces of mike gundy's "i'm a man! i'm 40!" rant into oklahoma state's stadium sounds

You should put Gundy's "THAT AIN'T TRUE!" for when the opposing team misses a FG.

I'm going to be a while on the online dynasty, but I think I'm going to do Oregon. It was a close call between them and Boise St., as I wanted the smurf turf to piss off Broward and the added challenge of bringing them to a national championship, but Oregon has the gorgeously rendered Autzen Stadium and a better team (which I need since after a 2 year or so layoff from football video games, I'll need any help I can get).

If you don't have Xbox Live Gold, that is probably the problem.

I have Xbox Live Gold.

And btw, great news on the roster front for the dynasty.

From OMT (Adam Thompson) the NCAA Football 09 lead designer who posted this at OperationSports:

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Thank god they fixed this.

EDIT - Had to bold the most important part of this. A 2nd patch will be in the works and on the way after this one is released.

So what the fuck was it?

And man, I hadn't thought to put rants in as the stadium sounds. That sounds hilarious, I'll have to try it when I eventually cave and get the game...and re-up my Gold subscription, it seems. Damn it, I'm not made of money.

Fazzle, you'll still more than likely make it for season 1 of the dynasty as I know a few people are either needing to create the EA Account or are having problems with XBL, so no worries.

Pretty much everyone here should have me on their friends list, so when you get NCAA and activate your EA Account, either send me a PM or just respond in here that you're ready to go and if you haven't picked a team yet, go ahead and do so.

VX, you can play as Boise all you want..just uh, don't count on Texas coming to play on that abomination you've got the audacity to call a "field". :P

oh, who here is "chris h3ro" on XBL?

I've only played 5 games of NCAA, 1 online- after all, they do take 45 minutes a piece- but I'm loving this game. It's the first college football game I've purchased since NCAA 2005, but with the college atmosphere and 60 years of online dynasty (I've joined 4 already) I can see myself playing this even after Madden comes out, which is something I had been concerned about.

I finally got my shit figured out, so I'm good to go for the Online Dynasty whenever we start.

If you get that message about an Xbox LIVE Membership limitation, try editing your privacy settings.

Still waiting on the invite, but I've committed to the maximum 5 dynasties. I'll be playing this game a lot. I just finished my first game of my buddy's Conference USA dynasty as Central Florida, and my Big Ten dynasty just needs one more team. The CAG dynasty featuring 2 teams each from several conferences starts Saturday, and I'm waiting on invites for the TSM one and a CAG Big 12 dynasty. So I'll be in 3 aqs Illinois, 1 as UCF, and one as Oklahoma.

oh, who here is "chris h3ro" on XBL?

That would be moi, figured I'd join in here since most of the dynasties at OperationSports are mostly full.

Matt: I was waiting til I got confirmation from everyone for the dynasty as you've gotta have send out all who you want in at one time (or so I think...)

Huss: Awesome. Just let me know what team you want and I'll add ya.

Agent: Bad ass.

I think that's about it for the first year, I don't know if Next USC is on Live or not since he hasn't accepted my friend request or anything. I'll set up the dynasty when I get home from work tomorrow night (which should be around 9:30pm CST)

Broward, I thought you had to send out all invites at once, but you don't. I learned that in creating my Big ten dynasty. You can invite me, Bond, and whoever else is ready now and invite the others as they become available. You can keep adding users at any point until you reach the maximum of 12 user controlled teams.

oh.. well.. uhm..yeah..I'll do that after I play Oklahoma State... and according to TWC live feed, its raining in Austin right now.

Oh, and those that are new and want in... please tell me which team you want to play as.

Cool. And speaking of the Weather Channel live feed, is that not one of the coolest features ever in a sports game? And I hadn't even heard about it before I got the game.

Agent and Matt, I've sent out the invites..anyone else who wants in, make sure you set up the EA account so that I can send you an invite.

I couldn't find a way to upload the rosters..so, if anyone knows how to do so, let me know, k?

Edit: I killed the dynasty, loaded up the roster file I had and then re-created the dynasty as TSM NCAA.. so..hopfully this works.

Edit 2: It worked. So..all the names for current players are up and in the dynasty.

Edit 3: Fazzle is in as LSU. So that's one Big 12, one Big 10, one WAC and one SEC

Guest Vitamin X

I have to buy a Live subscription as well as the game, so I might be a bit (doubt it'll be that long, but you never know). How many people are you going to start with, and when?

Has anyone else had a problem with not being awarded the achievement for winning the high school state championship? I won every game in the playoffs handily, and didn't get the achievement.

Edit: I was also a 5 star prospect, and didn't get that achievement either.