TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

I guess TNA is interested in using the Ultimate Warrior since his return is generating some interest. As a fan of the guy I'd love it, but I can see it hurting the promotion if they halfass it or if he flakes out.

I guess TNA is interested in using the Ultimate Warrior since his return is generating some interest. As a fan of the guy I'd love it, but I can see it hurting the promotion if they halfass it or if he flakes out.

I'd say it's not a matter of if but when concerning Warrior flaking out.

I thought this story would get it's own thread, it generated close to 100 comments on 411. TNA shows intrest in Warrior.

I think they could pop a ratting up to a 1.3 just out of curiousity.

I'd say it's not a matter of if but when concerning Warrior flaking out.

I thought this story would get it's own thread, it generated close to 100 comments on 411. TNA shows intrest in Warrior.

I think they could pop a ratting up to a 1.3 just out of curiousity.

I think if Rock, Hogan, or Austin even would appear in TNA, their rating would stay to about where they are at now, just because they have no idea how to market their product to the right people and places. Most fare weather casual wrestling fans don't follow TNA, perhaps much less know who and what they are.

With that said, just for pure curiousity factor, I'd be interested to see a Warrior-Sting feud, which seems to be the idea if they are bringing him in.

The tna website has put up some old Slammiversary matches on their site.

They range from not so good: 3D vs. Rick Steiner & Animal, AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy (Hardy's debut)

To decent: Joe vs. Sonjay Dutt (Joe's debut), KOTM 2005 (Raven finally wins), Lethal vs. Sabin, KOTM 2006 (Screwy JJ ending)

To good: KOTM 2007 (Angle wins)

To awesome: Styles and Daniels vs. AMW

And their free...and they seem to keep adding more.

Would this finally tip TNA into WCW v2 if they brought the Warrior in? I mean, he hasn't wrestled since his stint in WCW, apart from maybe 1 indy show in Europe. DOn't get me wrong, he could be amazing, but he never really set my world on fire in his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th attempt.

He won't be amazing. It will be a train wreck of awesome proportians.

Is anyone else worried about another "trap door" incident with a TNA wrestler happening if Warrior is brought in?

He won't be amazing. It will be a train wreck of awesome proportians.

Is anyone else worried about another "trap door" incident with a TNA wrestler happening if Warrior is brought in?

It never seemed like having magic powers were an important part of his gimmick. Warrior got over by being super intense and kicking ass.

I bought the best of 2007 DVD today while I was picking up some other DVDs. I popped it in to watch the Harris/Storm match. Man...what a bloody bloody good fight that was. It's funny...I don't really like the Last Man Standing match...but between this one and the HHH/Orton one there's been 2 really good ones in the last year.

Heres the match from Japan that Kurt royally screwed up his neck again during. Granted, it wasn't his fault at all here. The injury occurs right after the 4:00 mark.

Just saw on Rajah that some "Wrestling Legends" have been confirmed for Jay Lethal's groomsmen on Sunday including: Jake Roberts, Koko B. Ware, George "The Animal" Steele and Kamala. Interesting choices but if Jay Lethal always plays up the Macho Man history like he does for things not even closely related to Macho, shouldn't he know better than having Jake Roberts at his wedding?

EDIT: Thanks bps, I took the tags down.

Wow, Idol Alumni, characters from the 80's, and all kind of things for a wedding segement at a ppv. It seems like TNA has put a lot of thought in to this angle, way more than the title picture anyway. Lethal isn't doing bad for a "Junior weight, doing a macho parody", but hey, he wouldn't make a realistic 'World" champion...In TNA.

Nah, just finding the light. I understand why Lethal shouldn't get a shot at the champ now. I mean Roode is getting the Lesnar push right now, Joe is doing Austin numbers as Champion, and TNA is doing big business. No need to fuck it up and put a guy who's over and can have good matches with anybody, in chase for the title. I mean who needs that, when you have a modern day Jumbo Tsuruta in Kevin Nash right there, I mean the Big sexy tour will give TNA a license to print their own money. Look how much money he made WCW in the last days of the company.